JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » 3 Rivers Archery (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 3 Rivers Archery
KodaChuck
Member # 43142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KodaChuck   Email KodaChuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 Rivers Archery is a nice outfit -- a sponsor on the site --- but I just don't get why they charge so much for shipping small items and create bad vibes with their customers. A co-worker buys a single shooting glove ... a good glove for $69 and 3 Rivers charges $11.99 for shipping.....on top of it, they then ship in a plastic envelope using First Class Mail (taking several days to arrive) and the real cost is about $1.50 to ship the 2 oz. envelope. C'mon guys. That's not right! That's ripping off the working man. Please fix your shipping policy and stop overcharging!

--------------------
Palmer Recurve 64" 46# @ 30"

Posts: 75 | From: PA | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowheadhunter
Contributor 2015
Member # 43575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowheadhunter   Author's Homepage   Email bowheadhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like they need to start a 3 rivers ((prime)) free shipping after joining a (prime) club,,that shipping in plactic envelope for 11.99 is going to make themselves look bad,,,

--------------------
The Rock-Star of Trad-Talk

White Wolf Max P 40-55 lb adjustable longbow..

Border Harrier #53 carbon fast as A BOW CAN BE.

Posts: 269 | From: alaska | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowheadhunter
Contributor 2015
Member # 43575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowheadhunter   Author's Homepage   Email bowheadhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see why they charge .... $11.99 [bigsmyl] [biglaugh]

Boy this place is dead lately with comments,,,,,

--------------------
The Rock-Star of Trad-Talk

White Wolf Max P 40-55 lb adjustable longbow..

Border Harrier #53 carbon fast as A BOW CAN BE.

Posts: 269 | From: alaska | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dnurk
2017 Contributor
Member # 41964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dnurk   Email dnurk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've stopped ordering from them because their shipping charges are completely out of line. I don't know what shipping calculator they use but until they change their policy I personally won't be buying from them.

Great company and always good service....just not willing to pay outlandish S&H

Posts: 244 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Nash
Member # 40789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Nash   Email Dave Nash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love their service but shipping cost are outrageous. Please fix it or explain your reasoning.

--------------------
Dave
Great Plains t/d longbow 64"46@28
A&H acs 64"41@28
Stalker Coyote 64"43@28
Wapiti Spike 66"47@28

Posts: 89 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brock
Contributor 2017
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock   Email Brock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never complained about shipping as the availability of items is the bonus for me. Not many other places that have the inventory of 3 Rivers. I can and do go to Raptor or a couple others depending on price and make of items sometimes....but cost of doing business.

In my book if the only complaint you have is the shipping costs....then not much of a concern. Let us know when you find another vendor with the selection and service of 3 Rivers at a SIGNIFICANT cost savings for shipping.

I am sure shipping also includes cost of the shipping containers people that draw stock, package, and ship it. Large operations have to pay people to do what the smaller shop owners can do themselves....3 Rivers is too big for that to happen. I dont think there is a win win position...if they used 3rd Class Mail and the items were beat up or damaged and took 10 days or more to arrive then people would complain about poor packaging and shipping though the costs were very cheap. [Smile]

Thanksfully they are not the only online vendor so people can go wherever they are happy. LOL

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Posts: 1764 | From: Charleston, South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kunafish
Member # 44303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kunafish   Email Kunafish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wait until they offer free shipping specials, if it's something I don't need right away. Get on their mailing list for special offers.
Posts: 9 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slowbowjoe
2017 Contributor
Member # 34976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slowbowjoe   Email slowbowjoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They do have the most extensive inventory of quality products around, and are very professional. Having around 30 years of retail experience, including mail order, I understand well there is an expense with shipping/handling.

That said, I agree their shipping seems excessive, at least on smaller items. Perhaps more disappointing to me is that I purchased a high quality sharpener from them a few years back, which was discontinued a couple of months later. I tried to get replacement blades: response was they had none, and had modified the new blades just to cover the remaining stock of the old model, and no more. They offered that I could just resharpen the one blade I had.

That has never felt right to me, and I am open hearing others views of that.
I still appreciate what they offer to the traditional archery community, but find it difficult to purchase there if I find the same items from some of our smaller sponsors.

Please recognize I am not bashing 3 Rivers, but feel it fair to relate an honest experience.

Posts: 1366 | From: VT | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooter#21
Member # 44340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooter#21   Email Shooter#21   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have purchased accessories from 3R and the service and quality has been unsurpassed. I love being able to call and get advice from someone in the know. As far as shipping, I just wait on specials as aforementioned.

--------------------
Bear Super Kodiak 50 pounds
Samick Sage takedown 45 pounds
150 gr Grizzly single bevel

Posts: 56 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stickandstring
2017 Contributor
Member # 4962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stickandstring   Email stickandstring   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wait for promotional $5 shipping before ordering. They might be loosing customers, or at least, not capitalizing on every sale with their high shipping costs.
Lots of other businesses have come up with cheaper shipping solutions, so why cant they? Internet sales are not diminishing.

Posts: 979 | From: northern virginia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Producer
2017 Contributor
Member # 43061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Producer   Email Producer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They charge retail for what they sell and the shipping charges allow them to up their profit margin. I and others have written to complain but it falls on death ears.

--------------------
What gives me wings? Flying with my arrows over and over again. And never giving up...For giving up means not believing...

Posts: 210 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eckterling
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 41407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eckterling   Author's Homepage   Email eckterling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one thing I like about 3Rivers shipping is I know what it going to be ahead of time. Their shipping is based on the price of your order and not the weight, but I understand why one might get frustrated when ordering an expensive glove and paying so much for shipping. I hate when I am ordering from somewhere and I have to fill out everything but my credit card info just to find out what shipping is going to be.

Shipping is getting out of hand with USPS in general. Just to ship something that is one oz it costs about $3 for First Class not including the cost of the packaging itself. If a package weighs 1 lb it HAS to go Priority Mail which is a minimum of about almost $9.

When shipping costs are fixed on the price of the order you don't have to worry about how much the products weigh. When you are ordering your flint knapping stones you don't have to worry about the package weight like you do other places.

A shipping calculator would be nice, but I get that programming shipping for over 10,000 products is a little crazy. And like I said before I personally would rather know shipping ahead of time rather than once my order is complete.

Posts: 90 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadowhnter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadowhnter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too seen the shipping cost as excessive. I also found out that they are not as cheap as I once thought on many of their products. I like them enough though, that if I cannot find what I need at Kustom King, I still deal with them. Kustom gets most of my buisness on the average needs.
Posts: 1055 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sirius Black
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sirius Black   Email Sirius Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I respect them, but do more shopping with Kustom King and The Footed Shaft, both are also sponsors here.

--------------------
Bear Kodiak

Posts: 1306 | From: Baraboo, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grittybow
Member # 45132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grittybow   Email Grittybow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its prevented me from ordering some first lite stuff they had on sale!

--------------------
Archery is in the eye of the bowholder...

Posts: 17 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©