JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » 3 Rivers Archery (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 3 Rivers Archery
crazynate
Banned
Member # 41944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazynate   Email crazynate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered some antler knobs for my takedown and shipping was 9.99. to add 1 pack of field points shipping jumped to 13.00 dollars. That's a little bit of a gouge. But 3 rivers is the best so you set what you pay for. I always get my packages within 2 days, every time. so its worth it to me. But I can see why guys are mad. To hard to please everyone.
Posts: 853 | From: MI | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stagetek
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stagetek   Email stagetek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shipping costs should be based on size and weight, not price. I think their shipping costs are very high.
Posts: 1446 | From: Pewaukee, WI. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Arnette
Contributor 2017
Member # 18012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Arnette   Email Michael Arnette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been doing more price checking myself, I've been going through the Nocking Point.
I have great respect for three rivers and started ordering through them when no one else was around in the traditional market. However, their prices are consistently higher besides the shipping cost

Posts: 2584 | From: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecil
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cecil   Email Cecil   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont order from them anymore. I use some of the other vendors.not all becouse of shipping cost but some other reasons also.
Posts: 859 | From: Sugar Grove VA. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alvey
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 22120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alvey   Email Alvey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yup!trying to get away from them so are some of my friends.

--------------------
Every Accomplishment begins with your decision to try.

Posts: 352 | From: MT pleasant mills p.a. | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain*Kirk
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45005

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain*Kirk   Email Captain*Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3Rivers has always done me right from products to service and advice...with the EXCEPTION of shipping. I have complained via email in the past. What they do is use a graduated scale based on the cost of your order. If you order a dozen shafts at $40.00, your shipping will be around 15.50, then throw in, say, 100 nocks, a tube of Fletch Tite, 3 dozen feathers and a dozen field points, the weight change is negligible (less than 1#) and everything fits snugly in the same box with the shafts. UPS doesn't charge any more than the 15.50 but you are now up over 100.00 in product and your shipping jumps up to 19.95 for no reason other than they can. This is not the ideal way to do business and the more you buy, the more shipping you pay. I don't mind paying actual with a mark up, but in the above scenario, you can see that nothing changed except the amount of goods inside the box. I do see on their website now they have a shipping chart and are offering delivery via USPS which is quite a bit cheaper.
Despite higher shipping fees, I think 3Rivers is top-notch and I will continue to purchase from them.

--------------------
Aim small,miss small

Posts: 706 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gsurko
Member # 45925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gsurko   Email gsurko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Western Mi. 3 Rivers is in Indiana, I don't think I can drive to their store for $11.99.

--------------------
Political correctness offends me

Posts: 17 | From: Hastings , Michigan | Registered: Jan 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain*Kirk
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45005

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain*Kirk   Email Captain*Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gsurko:
I live in Western Mi. 3 Rivers is in Indiana, I don't think I can drive to their store for $11.99.

Agreed. However, I think shipping should be determined on an individual case. Someone living in Indiana should not have to pay the same as someone living in CA.
Actual with a 10% markup would be fair. Profit should be generated by sales, not shipping.

--------------------
Aim small,miss small

Posts: 706 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3R Shooter
SPONSOR
Member # 13708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3R Shooter   Author's Homepage   Email 3R Shooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our shipping rates changed several months back. Now you pay for standard shipping is $5.95, $7.95, or $9.95 for lower 48 states. Can see the full rates table here: https://www.3riversarchery.com/policies.html#shipping

Only oversized items will have additional costs, which is dependent upon the item. We do not make money on shipping. When you balance out all orders at the end of the year, it is not a profit center for us.

In regards to shipping cost on a per order base, it is something we have looked at, and maybe some day, but it is not something we can take advantage of at the moment. I believe a lot of people would see higher shipping rate compared to what they are getting from our chart right now.

--------------------
I work for 3Rivers Archery as Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
www.3RiversArchery.com

Posts: 265 | From: Auburn, IN | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chris K.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chris K.   Author's Homepage   Email chris K.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn’t a huge 3rivers fan because of shipping but then I went there. They have several people there that work very hard and to keep those people they have to charge a little bit extra for their shipping. Might be pricey on lower priced items but on larger purchases it get way more than competitive.
Posts: 766 | From: rockville,in. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain*Kirk
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45005

Johnathan, this is the best news I've heard in a while. I'm glad you listen to customer feedback, and actually respond in a positive note. As I mentioned, that was my only sticking point, and apparently you've addressed it.
Kudos!

--------------------
Aim small,miss small

John Malone
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Malone   Email John Malone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ordered some stuff from 3rivers today. I read this tread first and some others. They were the only place I could get everything I wanted in one shot. A dozen arrows, 6 Zwickey Eskilites, field points, fletching tape, brass washers, feathers, and a new tab. About $160 bucks, shipping was a lil over ten bucks. Evidently their new shipping aint to bad had I ordered one item might not have been as good. But so far I'm loving that place. Ive also purchased from our other sponsors no problems with them but when you need multiple items its nice to find them in one spot.

--------------------
Life is to short to pass up anything that could potentially be bow wood!

Posts: 459 | From: Richmond County North Carolina | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slohunter
Member # 46929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slohunter   Email slohunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like dealing with 3 Rivers, glad to see new shipping prices. Where I live, it's compound city.
Posts: 3 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©