JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Border Archery longbow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Border Archery longbow
kat
Contributor 2017
Member # 8939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kat   Email kat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a review for a 70" Harrier Royale longbow by Border Archery, I write the following.
The bow came as ordered in the time frame ordered.
The string sent with the bow was a measured twisted up 70" long. Not a big deal, until I was told that it would not be replaced because it is a flemish string, and can be twisted enough to make brace height. Over $1000. with shipping, and they won't even stand by an incorrect string.
Poor business practie.

--------------------
Ken Thornhill

Posts: 1780 | From: wilton, n.y. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
Contributor 2017
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They didn't string the bow before sending it.....??

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15638 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
L82HUNT
Contributor 2014
Member # 15452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L82HUNT   Email L82HUNT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Understand that it's very aggravating. A very very well know bowyer on here did the same thing. Sent a string same length as bow and told me just twist it up. Hard to get 3" out of a string that already has a ton in it No offer to replace didn't even say sorry. He already had $1100 from me and this was the second bow I had bought from him. Will never buy another
Posts: 1527 | From: Missouri | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©