JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Samick Red Stag recurve

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Samick Red Stag recurve
pirate63
Member # 12930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pirate63   Email pirate63   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just setup and tuned my new Samick Red Stag one-piece recurve. Very impressed overall with the build quality and aesthetics of this bow. The really impressive thing is I paid $149 for this bow. Lancaster Archery Supply had the bow on sale so I picked one up. My son shoots a Samick Sage and I have a Red Stag take-down recurve and we have been very pleased with both. I own or have owned several custom bows and while the Samicks are not custom level they are certainly a lot of bow for the money. I only have had a chance to shoot a few arrows so far with the rain this weekend but I am impressed with the bow so far. Its fast and really sticks Easton 2018 Legacy arrows hard. This should make a nice back yard shooter or hunting recurve.

Update: I shot around 150 arrow from the Red Stag today. After I got the brace height where I needed it to be the bow performed very well. As accurate as many customs I have owned and no hand shock or perceivable stack at my draw length of 27.5.
Its really smooth especially for a bow at this price point. It was a true pleasure to shoot.

-

-

--------------------
Howard Hill Big 5-53@27
Omega Original Longbow 50@27
Maddog Prairie Predator 43@28
Martin Stick Longbow-50@28
Samick Red Stag TD Recurve-45@28
Samick Red Stag Recurve-55@28
Martin Rebel Recurve-45@28
Ben Pearson Spectre Recurve-40@28

Posts: 7 | From: Livin' free in NC | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dahyer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dahyer   Email dahyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a nice little bow. I really like the looks of it over the sage. Hmmm I may need a backup bow. Thanks for the review let us know how it holds. up.

--------------------
Professional Sheepdog

Ausable 64" 45#
Grizzly 58" 45#

Posts: 508 | From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kingstaken
Contributor 2017
Member # 10937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kingstaken         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son has been shooting this bow this past year or so. He loves it. It shoots great. Cedars or carbons. He has a 45# Hawkeye by Samick (BW look alike) but prefers the Stag.
Like mentioned by Jim above you get a lot of bow for the money.
I don't think there's a bow at this the price that can compare.

--------------------
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Posts: 1898 | From: NC | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooter#21
Member # 44340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooter#21   Email Shooter#21   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice bow. Samick makes good bows that are highly functional and affordable. It looks sort of like a Martin Hunter. Good luck!

--------------------
Bear Super Kodiak 50 pounds
Samick Sage takedown 45 pounds
150 gr Grizzly single bevel

Posts: 56 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stickandstring
2017 Contributor
Member # 4962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stickandstring   Email stickandstring   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the take down version of this bow for my daughter. She likes it and performance seems every bit as good as most other bows. You would have to spend 4x more to notice any difference.
Posts: 977 | From: northern virginia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Falcon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for White Falcon   Email White Falcon       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just purchased one! Was I surprised at workmanship and quality. Set it up in minutes!! It is almost as good as some of my $$$$ bows! Great shooter.
Posts: 292 | From: TX | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shifting Shadow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shifting Shadow   Email Shifting Shadow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good looking bow. Glad you like it.

--------------------
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Posts: 798 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ruby
Member # 44965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruby   Email Ruby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look a nice bow. I love Samick bow

--------------------
My name is Lama Yammine.
Hope this link can help you find the best recurve bow for price [archer2]
Thanks for visit my site.

Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©