JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » PEARL DRUMS and Cigar Bands (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: PEARL DRUMS and Cigar Bands
OP-archer
Contributor 2017
Member # 5480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OP-archer   Email OP-archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PEARL DRUMS recently sent me a self-bow. We talked several times, sent e-mails and pictures, in response to an inquiry I made about recommended self-bowyers on POW-WOW. PEARL DRUMS said he "would make me a bow," and the rest is history. Folks, this self-bow is a true work of art! Fast, quiet and absolutely NO hand shock - did I mention no hand shock? He is a true gentleman and a great advocate for our traditional archery passion. So, to celebrate the new self-bow, I made some self-nocked (Wenge inserts) arrows. 31" 50-53, 525 gr.(Douglas Fir), stained light Grey, with a light grey cock feather and two denim colored hen feathers. Topped off with cigar bands from some of my favorite sticks.

-  -  -  -

So, thank you PEARL DRUMS! Thank you TRADGANG'ers for making this possible........

Rick

--------------------
IMO SGT. Bradley S. Crose,
USA, 1/75
Lest we Forget.

Posts: 290 | From: Fleming Island, FL | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MR BILL SHORTY
2017 Contributor
Member # 15752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR BILL SHORTY   Email MR BILL SHORTY   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [archer]
Posts: 1075 | From: Bristol RI | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pearlie makes a great bow and is a super guy. He sent me a hackberry bow a year or so ago out of the blue. I need to send him one in return although he said I don't...but I will.
The cigar bands are a cool and unique idea for arrow cresting!

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13115 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crittergetter
Contributor 2017
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pure awesomeness on both you and Pearl!!!

--------------------
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 1958 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sixby
SPONSOR
Member # 14586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sixby   Email Sixby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love my Pearl Drum Bow. It is fantastic and a work of art.

God bless, Steve

--------------------
http://www.eaglewingarchery.itgo.com

Posts: 3314 | From: Medford, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nineworlds9
Contributor 2017
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper] [archer2]

--------------------
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Wes Wallace Mentor
70" HHA Black Mamba #46

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 7033 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stillhunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 25855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stillhunter   Email stillhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is the EL REY DEL MUNDO or the OLIVA V? Isn't complete w/o them! Great bow /great arrows/great cigars-enjoy!
Posts: 152 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wapiti Chaser   Author's Homepage   Email Wapiti Chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a great looking self bow can we see more pictures if it ? What are the overlays on the tips ?

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Posts: 2320 | From: Bergen NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
Contributor 2017
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really neat stuff........ [thumbsup] [Not Worthy]

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15638 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Skinner
2017 Contributor
Member # 7469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Skinner   Email Jack Skinner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bow looks great. Love the cigar band idea
Posts: 983 | From: Cheyenne, Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frank bullitt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frank bullitt   Email frank bullitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris is a true craftsman, for sure!
Cool arrows, too! [thumbsup]

Good shooting to ya!

Posts: 2317 | From: mighty wabash river,in. | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Baker
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Baker   Email Mark Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [clapper]

A beauty bow, and a great idea on those arrows!

--------------------
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope. I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Posts: 2299 | From: Livingston, Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4runr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the bow. Fantastic idea with the cresting.
I, too would like to see the bow strung and full draw pics. Thanks, for sharing.

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 8048 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matty
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matty   Email Matty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome for you! And incredible work Pearly!
Might be time to contract him out!
Would love to see a strung pic!

Posts: 4127 | From: Fort Collins,Colorado | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangonboat
Contributor 2015
Member # 42303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangonboat   Email mangonboat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kudos to both you and Pearl Drums for ingenuity and craftsmanship! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Posts: 904 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©