JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Wright Stalker Recurve

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wright Stalker Recurve
Dao
Member # 42384

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dao   Email Dao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(edited to change image link from photobucket to imgur: 07/04/2017)

-

-

-

-

-

I know there's Wright Stalker Recurve review/posts but I just wanted to add this as Rodney's riser shaping seems to have gone through some refinement compared to 10+years ago.

Black Phenolic version is Stalker. The other is Herters Perfection 46 for comparison.

The riser is slimmer, and so deepest part of the grip is much further out from string, making BH higher with same length string. I have to experiment, but it may work better with longer string then what I have currently.

Grip is narrow but puts pressure evenly in hand without needing to adjust anything. fist naturally fits right under the shelf so the arrow almost shoots off the fist. consequently it is bit easier to point (at least to me).

Draws to my DL of 27inches no problem, but I can feel it almost stopping if I pull any further. this is pretty much the same as Herters.

Quality of the work you can judge by all the close ups. I know Rodney took his time to get everything right.

short recurve is what it is. a very compact bow that allows good enough targeting ability at 20yd or below. Herter's Perfection 46 was made for that purpose and Rodney Wright Stalker Recurve is in per with the ability of the old bow.

personally, as an opinion, I feel that slimmer profile and certain care taken at the shelf gives Stalker better handling ability.

overall very happy with this bow.

--------------------
Todd Scherrinsky 48 48" 44@27
Little Suckling 38 Spc. 38" 59@28
Rodney Wright Stalker 43" 50@27
Kiko Tovar 44 Magnum 44" 66@28
Maddog Machete 49" 48@28

Posts: 55 | From: Guilderland NY | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©