JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » NewWood Vanguard Longbow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NewWood Vanguard Longbow
DHOWARD
Member # 44673

Icon 7 posted      Profile for DHOWARD   Email DHOWARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris Hartwig is a class act and his Vanguard longbow is a shooter. This past weekend at the Tennessee Classic, my 14yr old son Hunter was looking for a custom made bow that would be something that he could shoot for a lifetime. Hunter is the sole reason that I have returned to the traditional family. It was just 6 months ago that Hunter purchased his very first trad bow a 45# Samick Phantom. Knowing that Hunter wanted to put down his compound and start shooting traditional has been a great thing for our family. Before heading to the Classic we had discussed trying to find Hunter a bow that spoke to him. It was the intention to find a used bow and stay in the $500 price range as that was all that I would be willing to spend. Hunter shot several bows on Saturday and spoke to a few bowyers about their bows but never found one that said "I belong to you". After discussing the option over dinner Saturday night I convinced him to try a NewWood on Sunday morning before we left. After a great breakfast we headed to the shoot and were waiting on Chris and his wife Deb from "Illinoissss" [biglaugh] when they arrived at their booth. Chris immediately started working with Hunter to try to find a bow that fit the request. Chris handed Hunter the first option and sent him to the practice range and after a few shots Hunter decided it was not the one. Hunter walked the bow back to the booth and Chris had him return with two more to try out. After shooting the final bow at ten yards and putting all 6 arrows within a 4" circle Hunter looked at me and said this is the one. I took the bow and shot a few arrows myself and quickly understood why he felt the way he did. This bow is a shooter! We returned to the booth to make the purchase and enjoyed fellowship with Chris and Deb before heading to the practice 3D range to allow him to enjoy his new NewWood. By the way Hunter owes me $125.00 😉 Thanks, Chris
Quality people and a great product.

Smile..
 -

-

--------------------
Bob Lee Heavyweight Recurve 60" 45#@28"
Bob Lee Exotic Signature Long Bow 62" 49"@28"

Posts: 82 | From: Alabama (AL) | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dahyer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dahyer   Email dahyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good looking bow. Enjoy.

--------------------
Professional Sheepdog

Ausable 64" 45#
Grizzly 58" 45#

Posts: 508 | From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doubleo
Contributor 2016
Member # 12581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doubleo   Email doubleo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had my hands on 2 different Vanguards last Sat. Both were really sweet looking bows! Good luck with your new bow Hunter! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Posts: 1458 | From: Plymouth,Wi. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DHOWARD
Member # 44673

Icon 14 posted      Profile for DHOWARD   Email DHOWARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doubleo:
I had my hands on 2 different Vanguards last Sat. Both were really sweet looking bows! Good luck with your new bow Hunter! [thumbsup]

Thanks, Hunter is in love with the bow and used it last week to shoot a 187 at the Howard Hill.

--------------------
Bob Lee Heavyweight Recurve 60" 45#@28"
Bob Lee Exotic Signature Long Bow 62" 49"@28"

Posts: 82 | From: Alabama (AL) | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©