JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » New Northern Mist model - Ramer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Northern Mist model - Ramer
ScouterMike
Contributor 2015
Member # 9739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScouterMike   Author's Homepage   Email ScouterMike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve Turay has received many requests for a reverse handle Shelton/string follow Whisper. About a week before the Baltimore shoot he called me about a TD Shelton I had ordered and I asked again about the potential of a string follow reverse handle design. I mentioned I would buy it no matter how it turned out. Well he built it and it is called the Ramer.

Steve took it to Baltimore and many NM fans got to try it out. All positive feedback. I had to wait in line Sat morning to try it and then leave the bow until Steve delivered it on Tues. It is everything you would expect from a Northern Mist ASL. Super smooth draw, scary quiet and it hits right where you point it. Steve's ability and experience really show when a prototype is a winner.

As you can see from the pics the limb profile is the same as the Sheltons. Top to bottom - a 68in Silver Whisper, 66in Ramer, 66in Shelton, 68in Shelton. Steve is accepting orders...

-

-

-

Posts: 122 | From: PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
allanburden
Contributor 2017
Member # 12080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for allanburden   Email allanburden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful! I have a Baraga and am waiting on a Superior that I purchased here. Looks like I might have something else to try.

--------------------
"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." Ernest Hemingway

Posts: 507 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go again! I just got my second Shelton in March, and now you have me contemplating another NM.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4685 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hud
Contributor 2017
Member # 9639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hud   Author's Homepage   Email Hud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, Steve makes a sweet shooting bow. Classic, Retro and Shelton are go to bows, here.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2075 | From: Ridgefield, Wa. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©