JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Sleeping Indian Wool (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sleeping Indian Wool
tradhunterRN
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradhunterRN   Email tradhunterRN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to share this with you guys.

As a lot of you know, Sleeping Indian went OOB a while ago when the former owner died and his sons did not want to take over the business.

It was with this knowledge that I was surprised to find myself walking past their booth at the NRA national convention today. I walked up and had the pleasure of speaking with Kevin, their marketing director and a few of their designers for a time and picked up a catalog. They purchased and resurrected the company about 2 years ago and have been working to get the product back to market. Their website is live and they told me they would be e-commerce ready this summer but you should be able to order by phone or mail already I believe. Custom sizing available.

Quality guys, a well-known (by our community anyways) quality garment, all American made. They even offer solids for more casual wear now. I will be looking forward to ordering from them soon!

-

[ May 26, 2016, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

Posts: 105 | From: Stow, OH | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Zimmerman
Contributor 2017
Member # 2714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Zimmerman   Email Keith Zimmerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news. Wish they still made the cotton stuff.
Posts: 4173 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carcajou
Contributor 2017
Member # 1206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carcajou   Email Carcajou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent!! Some of the finest wool out there, and I LIVE in wool!!

Looks like the original products, and some different patterns..gotta start saving......

--------------------
" Brothers of the Flaming Arrow "
" I came in from the Wilderness, a creature void of form"
" TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 4362 | From: Tug Hill, NY | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Dill
Contributor 2015
Member # 3560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Dill   Email Kevin Dill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff back when I owned a lot of it. I sold all mine several years ago, but nice to hear the company is making a comeback.

-

I still have my SI radar cap:

-

It just works!

-

Posts: 1697 | From: OH - Buckeye Country | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lone hunter
Contributor 2015
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lone hunter   Email lone hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the Heads-Up. Have a bunch and want more.

Love to find a hat like that Kevin.

Posts: 819 | From: clark fork, idaho | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Zimmerman
Contributor 2017
Member # 2714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Zimmerman   Email Keith Zimmerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love my SI Radar Cap!
Posts: 4173 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arrowcraft
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arrowcraft   Email Arrowcraft   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have purchased thousands of dollars on sleeping Indian clothing for myself my wife and other friends , then i promoted their garments , comfortable, warm , yes but with one huge flaw, they shrink , followed cleaning instructions to the letter.Dry cleaned and one day while hunting I went to put on my hooded parka and to my shock it had shrunk 2 full sizes, my hunting companion asked if I had grabbed my wife,s WRONG--- after sending $500 parka back for forensic test they responded by asking if i had worn parka in rain or snow ? YES well then it was clear to them that by wearing wet wool and walking through woods that I had generatrd enough heat and friction i guess from my arms moving as I walked to cause the extreme shrinkage. REALLY ? after spending all that $ and thats how they treated me . I sold all my the 3 stages of sleeping, then stinking, then finally when you clean it shrinking Indian, and bought King of the Mountain no problems to this day. P.S. Im not alone either they used to sell used garments that had shrunk .
----------Black Wolf 69"57#@28-----
--------------Tall Tines 60"52&45#@28-----

Posts: 156 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arrowcraft:
I have purchased thousands of dollars on sleeping Indian clothing for myself my wife and other friends , then i promoted their garments , comfortable, warm , yes but with one huge flaw, they shrink , followed cleaning instructions to the letter.Dry cleaned and one day while hunting I went to put on my hooded parka and to my shock it had shrunk 2 full sizes, my hunting companion asked if I had grabbed my wife,s WRONG--- after sending $500 parka back for forensic test they responded by asking if i had worn parka in rain or snow ? YES well then it was clear to them that by wearing wet wool and walking through woods that I had generatrd enough heat and friction i guess from my arms moving as I walked to cause the extreme shrinkage. REALLY ? after spending all that $ and thats how they treated me . I sold all my the 3 stages of sleeping, then stinking, then finally when you clean it shrinking Indian, and bought King of the Mountain no problems to this day. P.S. Im not alone either they used to sell used garments that had shrunk .

X2

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 9106 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Dill
Contributor 2015
Member # 3560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Dill   Email Kevin Dill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe you guys completely. Mine didn't shrink any that I could tell.

I was wearing KOM on a caribou hunt and was out with Larry Fischer (TBM) in the NWT. He was wearing Sleeping Indian. I was complaining about the wind penetrating my KOM on a long boat ride and Larry got me thinking about SI. I sold 100% of my KOM (which at the time I considered a waste of money) and replaced it with SI. By my comparison the SI was far better for me than the KOM ever was. I wore it and used it for years on many hunts. Just different people having different outcomes I guess. I no longer wear any amount of wool.

Posts: 1697 | From: OH - Buckeye Country | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger Norris
SPONSOR
Member # 601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Norris   Author's Homepage   Email Roger Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arrowcraft:

Yep, same. A vest. shrunk from an XL to a medium. And I know how to care for wool....

--------------------
"I think wolves would find me stringy, of high cholesterol, with an Irish whiskey aftertaste"
www.traditionalwoodsman.com The Woodsman Skinner is the finest knife ever made"..John Wayne

Posts: 3955 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Zimmerman
Contributor 2017
Member # 2714

Never had any problems with my SI.
D.Ellis
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 28908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.Ellis   Email D.Ellis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a sleeping indian shirt shrink as well. It was awesome otherwise......shrunk after getting real wet on a goat hunt, and air drying in my pickup on the 5 hour drive home. Fits my wife now.......she likes it. [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

Darcy

--------------------
60# GN Lil'Creep Jackknife
67# osage selfbow
62# "Zang Hill" string follow

Posts: 996 | From: Fort Fraser BC Canada | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lone hunter
Contributor 2015
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lone hunter   Email lone hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problems with mine, snow and rain for nine years.
Posts: 819 | From: clark fork, idaho | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nuctech
Contributor 2016
Member # 36640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nuctech   Author's Homepage   Email Nuctech   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man if it shrinks that bad the guy in the picture with the moose rack probably went home wearing a sleeping indian tube top and shorty shorts.

Gabe

Posts: 210 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2016
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[biglaugh]

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4669 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©