Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Another Prairie Predator

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Prairie Predator
redfish
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redfish   Email redfish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had this bow for a few weeks and wanted to wait to write a review until I had some time with it.
I couldn't make up my mind on the riser wood so I just told Mike what I like in general and asked him to make a purty one.
He did. Bocote one piece riser, elm limbs, and brown glass. Can't figure out how to post pics, but it looks good to me. It is 60" and 42@28.
I had a stock of arrows that I wanted to use, so in some ways I tuned the bow to the arrows rather than the other way around.
The brace height turned out to be a minimum of 6 3/8" up to 6 1/2".
I couldn't get the arrows to shoot stiff enough with the original string. I added string silencers and got a "thunk" noise that I found objectionable, so I made a B55 string and it shoots the arrows perfect without silencers (and doesn't need any).
I replaced the original side plate with a thicker piece of leather for arrow tuning.
I hated to cover up that beautiful bocote but I made a leather grip for it.
I really like the way this bow feels, shoots, sounds, and looks.
If I had it to do over again I would have ordered a 62" because my crooked old fingers tend to get a little pinch with shorter bows.

--------------------
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Posts: 466 | From: Texas/Arkansas | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©