Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Maddog Mountaineer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maddog Mountaineer
CRM_95
Contributor 2017
Member # 38163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRM_95   Email CRM_95   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a quick review on my new Maddog bow. This is my second bow from Mike. I already posted pics in my thread on the PowWow last week, so won't repost them here. My first bow from Mike was a Predator that I picked up lightly used in the classifieds here. It's a great bow as well and I love it. This new one however is the Mountaineer model, and Mike built it to my specs as a custom order. This bow is just unbelievable. I can't say enough about it. The craftsmanship is great, and it is a wonderful shooter. Smooth draw, no stacking, no hand shock, and it's the quietest bow of the 4 that I own by far. The Predators are great, but if you aren't opposed to spending a little more cash I can't recommend the Mountaineer enough. Mike is a super nice guy and easy to work with too. Happy hunting!!
Posts: 489 | From: East TX | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longtoke
Contributor 2017
Member # 43977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longtoke   Email Longtoke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whats the big difference between the pred and the mountaineer?

--------------------
Bear Grizzly 58"
Prairie Predator 60"

Posts: 745 | From: Colorado | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dahyer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dahyer   Email dahyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can get the mountaineer a bit longer. Other than that I do not know.

--------------------
Professional Sheepdog

Ausable 64" 45#
Grizzly 58" 45#

Posts: 508 | From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRM_95
Contributor 2017
Member # 38163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRM_95   Email CRM_95   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like already mentioned the Mountaineer can be had in longer lengths. The grip is a little thicker, and fits the hand better (at least my hand). The reflex/deflex design on the Mountaineer isn't as pronounced either. It has a little more mass overall. To me it draws quite a bit smoother and has hardly any hand shock, not that the Predator is bad.
Posts: 489 | From: East TX | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©