JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » 7 Lakes U-finish string follow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 7 Lakes U-finish string follow
redfish
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redfish   Email redfish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After discovering the virtues of a longer bow I ordered a 68" String Follow Carolina Night blank from 7 Lakes.
The bow was easy to finish and looks beautiful. Riser is hickory and walnut, core is actionboo, green glass on back and white on belly. Finished it with Tru oil.
Long story short, this is my first ASL and I can't seem to put it down. My other bows are gathering dust. I has always thought that these bows would be cumbersome but find that they are very easy to maneuver. I don't know how to post pics.

--------------------
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Posts: 480 | From: Texas/Arkansas | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
p1choco
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for p1choco   Email p1choco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear good things about them. Would love to see how yours turned out if you ever figure out how to get a picture up.

--------------------
Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.

- Calvin Coolidge

Posts: 281 | From: East County San Diego | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
10essee
Member # 46033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 10essee   Email 10essee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a 66" long night from Mike that I also finished with tru-oil Had him make mine with flat cut cherry limbs and instrument grade curly maple and clear glass. 66" 53#@29" and it shoots great. Smooth as can be and quite. Relatively fast with only minimal hand shock. Did Buffalo horn tip overlays from a horn chew toy from petco. Shaped and finished great.
Posts: 27 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redfish
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redfish   Email redfish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pics sent.

--------------------
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Posts: 480 | From: Texas/Arkansas | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©