Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » NEW JERSEY - Traditional Archers of New Jersey » North Jersey Trad Archers ! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: North Jersey Trad Archers !
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If ya live within a decent drive time to the Campgaw/Mahwah Archery Range in Bergen County, wanna get together for a rovers when the weather warms (early Spring, I'd guess)?

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Posts: 10054 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fyrfyter43
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fyrfyter43   Email fyrfyter43   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob, I'd be interested. My guess is I'm about an hour or so away.

--------------------
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Posts: 862 | From: Bloomsbury, NJ | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, Eric - keep tabs on this thread and we'll plot a get-together when the weather breaks ... you'll need Judo points for the stump shots, and some field points for the butt shots.

N E 1 else? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 10054 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bentpole
Contributor 2014
Member # 6180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentpole   Email bentpole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hec yeh Rob. I'm about 20 minutes away I guess.
Posts: 7480 | From: pequannock n.j. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskippy
Contributor 2014
Member # 12055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskippy   Author's Homepage   Email imskippy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be interested. Let us know.

--------------------
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Posts: 964 | From: Vernon, N.J. | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticguido
***unregistered***

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in Rob.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like we got us a Jersey Trad Gang "huntin' party" forming up! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Dang, I forgot - if yer not a Bergen County resident the only issue will be parking at the range - ya gotta have a Bergen Count Parks Permit for yer car (not for you) ...

"The archery range at Campgaw Mountain is open year-round from 10:00 a.m. until dusk. Bergen County residents must present their county registration card, which costs $12 for family membership. Non-residents need to purchase a $40.00 permit in order to use the archery range. The registration card and permit can be obtained through the Bergen County Parks Department by calling (201) 336-7275."

I get my yearly permit via mail, or at the Darlington Campgaw registration office right next door to the archery range.

-

http://www.co.bergen.nj.us/press/PressReleaseNew.aspx?press_id=683&dbTarget=Exec

Campgaw Mountain Reservation
Campgaw Road, Mahwah
(201) 327-3500
As a 1,300 acre wooded area, Campgaw features hiking trails, camping, a 28 station field archery range and a concession-operated ski center, including eight trails, four lifts, 100% snowmaking, lessons, rentals and more.

Darlington County Park
(201) 891-5571
Darlington is a 232 acre site at the foothills of the Ramapo Mountains with three seasons of diverse opportunities offering swimming, white sand beaches, wooded picnic groves, open lawns, tennis, fishing, basketball, handball, and wildlife observation.

--------------------

Deadbolt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deadbolt   Email Deadbolt       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just left bergen county and moved down to ocean...sorry guys!
Posts: 1357 | From: The Pines of New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskippy
Contributor 2014
Member # 12055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskippy   Author's Homepage   Email imskippy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any place local enough and we could car pool into the park?

--------------------
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Posts: 964 | From: Vernon, N.J. | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskippy
Contributor 2014
Member # 12055

I think I read that wrong it seams everyone who uses the range needs a permit? If we make it a regular outing say once a month or so then I can justify the $$$

--------------------
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

quote:
Originally posted by imskippy:
Is there any place local enough and we could car pool into the park?

Yeah, I thought about that, too - I'll hafta scout out the area, but I think car pooling is doable.

--------------------

Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

quote:
Originally posted by imskippy:
I think I read that wrong it seams everyone who uses the range needs a permit? If we make it a regular outing say once a month or so then I can justify the $$$

I've definitely seen the local police check cars for permits, but never seen them check archers. I'm at the range at least 3 or 4 times a month, and it's about a 20 minutes drive for me.

--------------------

Alex.B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alex.B   Author's Homepage   Email Alex.B       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in, Rob. I remember you talking about this last year
Alex

--------------------
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Posts: 1011 | From: Outside New-York City | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doeboy
Contributor 2010-2011
Member # 14835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doeboy   Email doeboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you guys can park next to the "Mason Jar" down on 202.they have a second lot that doesnt ever egt used.I'm sure if you parked up back, they wouldn't mind it. i know guys park there to fish the ramapo river. As for the permit to shoot at the range, i used to shoot there everyday with a bergen county cops sitting in the parking lot with no issues! dont like to break the rules but i wasnt aware of any costs to shoot there.i will be interested int he soot when it happens!
Posts: 452 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©