Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » NEW JERSEY - Traditional Archers of New Jersey » North Jersey Trad Archers ! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: North Jersey Trad Archers !
Steve Gabriel
Member # 11930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Gabriel   Email Steve Gabriel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always take offbeat shots on the 3-D range. The fun is in the shootin'!

Anyway, where are the rest of the Jersey Boys??
Who wants to get together the weekend of March1/2
or March 8/9?
Lets pick a day, get out the judo points and bump some stumps!

[ February 14, 2008, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Steve Gabriel ]

Posts: 56 | From: Hastings-on-Hudson, New York | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm up for either or both dates - all depends on the weather!

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Posts: 10054 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Gabriel
Member # 11930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Gabriel   Email Steve Gabriel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! I'll do both!
Posts: 56 | From: Hastings-on-Hudson, New York | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskippy
Contributor 2014
Member # 12055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskippy   Author's Homepage   Email imskippy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 8th or 9th should work for me is there a preference as to what day you guys want to do? I guess I need to pick up some judos huh? I'm Gonna have to figure out the permit thing by then too.

--------------------
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Posts: 964 | From: Vernon, N.J. | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost any date will work for me. What's most important is the weather cooperating.

YES, if we're roving the woods you MUST have Judo heads 'cause of the dense layer of ground leaves that arras love to snake under. Lots of great stump critters to shoot at! Also bring field points for the bales.

I just called Darlington up about this year's permit, since I usually get mine in the mail but was informed they no longer do mailouts and I'd hafta go down there an pick one up. I asked, and was told, that the permit is for vehicle parking and individuals didn't need personal permits. I'm gonna check that again when I go down there for the permit next week.

For who live outside of Bergen and aren't getting the $40 non-resident permit, the Mason Jar restaurant would be an ideal place to meet up. It's close enough to the range, has lotsa parking, and it's right off Route 17 and right off the exit ramps from both directions. I'll take that route when going for the permit and post exact directions both to the Mason Jar and the range.

[ February 14, 2008, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Rob DiStefano ]

--------------------

Posts: 10054 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Gabriel
Member # 11930

The only thing I need to do for either Saturday
(3/1 or 3/8) is check my son's basketball schedule. If his games are morning games, I can be
at Darlington in the early afternoon.
For the 2 Sundays I shouldn't have any problems.

imskippy, get some judos. They are a blast! Bring a knife just in case, since the judo will penetrate a rotten trunk. Been there, done that.

Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Gabriel:
... imskippy, get some judos. They are a blast! Bring a knife just in case, since the judo will penetrate a rotten trunk. Been there, done that.

And maybe a pair of small Vise Grip pliers!

--------------------

Deadsmple
Contributor 2008
Member # 5050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deadsmple   Email Deadsmple   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob do you know what time the office at Darlington opens up? I would like to stop by there one morning on my way home to pick up a permit but I need to be home by noon to meet one of my boys at his bus stop.

As far as what the permit gets you? From what I remember when I used to live in Bergen Co. individuals did not need a permit on their person because the permit was to be displayed on the dash of your vehicle.

I should be able to make almost any date you guys decide. A TradGang get together at one of the Bergen Bowmen shoots sounds like a great idea too.

--------------------
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Posts: 879 | From: Rattlesnake Mountain New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Darlington will issue the permits on the spot, Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm. $12 for Bergen residents, $40 for non-residents. Each permit is good for a year.

NOTE: if you attend a Bergen Bowman shoot, NO PERMIT IS REQUIRED TO PARK! [Smile]

Correct - in the past the permit was only displayed on the car dash. I've been told by Darlington that's still true today.

I'll be getting my permit this week and will post off directions to both the range and the Mason Jar (for folks who'll need a ride into the range).

This is gonna be fun!

--------------------

Steve Gabriel
Member # 11930

quote:
This is gonna be fun!
You bet!
Steve Gabriel
Member # 11930

I wonder how this snow is going to affect the stumpin'.

A little melt and some cold and you wind up with the judos going ice skating! Well, that's why I have blaze orange wraps and feathers!

Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Ya better be "Howard Hill good" to stump Mahwah with this much snow and ice, else bring at least 2 dozen arras and expect to come with none. Not good, not fun. I'll be checking out the range this week, take some pix and post'em here.

--------------------

imskippy
Contributor 2014
Member # 12055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskippy   Author's Homepage   Email imskippy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob, any word on the permits yet. Where is the office located is it on darlington by the park? My dad and I are going to pick up a permit. I'm wondering if it's transferable between vehicles?
Thanks Jason.

--------------------
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Posts: 964 | From: Vernon, N.J. | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskippy
Contributor 2014
Member # 12055

Have you guys set a date yet? I have to work both saturdays so I'll see if I can come for half a day one of the sundays..

--------------------
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

I'll have all the final permit scoop and driving directions to both the range and Mason Jar meeting area within a few days.

The permit card will work on any car.

We're still looking at the rendezvous dates ...

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©