Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » NEW JERSEY - Traditional Archers of New Jersey » Eric Spinks ( fyrfyter43) update (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Eric Spinks ( fyrfyter43) update
Sharpster
SPONSOR
Member # 13339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharpster   Email Sharpster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

As most of you know, our buddy Eric Spinks (fyrfyter43) has been traveling a rough road for well over a year now dealing with multiple intestinal surgeries. He’s been waiting for the doctors to put him back together for a long time but, they kept sayin “let’s give it a couple more months”, “lets give it a couple more months”.

I had lost his phone # but I stumbled upon it yesterday while looking for something else so I left him a voicemail. Well, at around 7pm last night he calls back and says I must be psychic cause he was in surgery when I called earlier… He says he’s all hooked up and should finally be done with the surgeries. He thinks he’ll be released from the hospital on Sunday. After that, the only thing left is to heal-up and get back on his feet. He says he doesn’t think he’ll be able to hunt this fall but hopefully he’ll be ready for our winter hunt.

Just wanted to share some great news about a great guy and mutual friend.

[clapper] [clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

Ron

--------------------
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1122 | From: The People's Republic of New Jersey | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellow bow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow bow   Author's Homepage   Email yellow bow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's great news. speedy recovery Eric,just hang in there you will be back in the saddle in no time at all. [wavey]

joe

Posts: 2171 | From: new jersey | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fyrfyter43
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fyrfyter43   Email fyrfyter43   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm back home now. Got home around 11:00 this morning. The doctor kept me in the hospital an extra night, since things were a little slow getting started again after 18 months of not being used.

I'm a little sore, but not as bad as some of the other surgeries have left me. All I can say is it sure feels good to have "indoor plumbing" again! [goldtooth]

I won't be bowhunting this fall, but I will definitely get out for one of the winter hunts. I'm not allowed to shoot for at least 3 months, so I might not be carrying a bow, but I'll still be there, even if I just try to push some deer around for you guys.

--------------------
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Posts: 862 | From: Bloomsbury, NJ | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdk25   Email pdk25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear that everything went smoothly, Eric.
Posts: 5637 | From: Ada, Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bentpole
Contributor 2014
Member # 6180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentpole   Email bentpole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEH HAH!!! Good for you Eric!! [clapper] [thumbsup] [clapper] [goldtooth]
Posts: 7480 | From: pequannock n.j. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bentpole
Contributor 2014
Member # 6180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentpole   Email bentpole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 7480 | From: pequannock n.j. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deadbolt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deadbolt   Email Deadbolt       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad to hear your up a runnin...see ya in the winter!

what did they saya bout hunting with a camera? get out there enjoy the woods and what god has to offer us!

Posts: 1357 | From: The Pines of New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fyrfyter43
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fyrfyter43   Email fyrfyter43   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, guys! I'm starting to feel a little bit better the last day or 2. Since I won't be able to bowhunt, I'll be spending some serious time in the woods with Lee.

--------------------
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Posts: 862 | From: Bloomsbury, NJ | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticguido
***unregistered***

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell him to bag one for me... Glade your doing better Bra...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fyrfyter43
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13079

I think this will be his year. No one will be hunting the woods behind my parents' house this year before the youth hunt in November. My dad has already seen 4 different bucks in the area.

--------------------

mysticguido
***unregistered***

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tell him...aim small..miss small
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fyrfyter43
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13079

Man, I just stumbled across this thread. I haven't been around much the past 2 years. My wife and I had a baby girl about 14 months ago who has really been keeping me on my toes. I also started teaching hunter education almost 2 years ago. So between the new baby, hunter education, and my passion for flintlocks, I haven't even shot my bow in more than a year.

Well, all that plus the fact that I've had a few more surgeries. The most recent was an abdominal wall reconstruction in October. I had numerous large hernias from all the earlier operations that were making it so I couldn't even bend down to tie my shoes without problems. I was almost hospitalized several times with intestinal blockages from the hernias. So far the recovery hasn't been too bad, but I'll be starting physical therapy in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll be back to work by the end of the year.

--------------------

njloco
Contributor 2013
Member # 24437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njloco   Email njloco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck brother.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and healthy new Year.

--------------------
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Posts: 2787 | From: Soviet state of N.J. | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bentpole
Contributor 2014
Member # 6180

How were your Holidays Eric ?
fyrfyter43
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13079

Tom, my holidays were good. How about you?

I need to get my bow out and do some shooting. Whittingham is coming up soon.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©