Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » NEW JERSEY - Traditional Archers of New Jersey » Trad club in NJ??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trad club in NJ??
Enjuto
Member # 24102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enjuto   Email Enjuto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, my name is Santi. I'm spanish but I'm gonna spent 2 months in NJ visiting my uncle. I began archery last year and since the very first beginning I shot trad bows. I currently have and shoot a 50# montana. I'll be arriving to your country next friday, so I was looking for archers who live in NJ or a club to fling some arrows.

This is me shooting some 3D
 -

I found this site http://www.funnewjersey.com/upload_user/Different_Outdoor_adventures_NJ/ARCHERY_RANGES_NJ.HTM and found that many are quite far away from where I'll be living. WO-PE-NA archers is near but I read that they only have indoor targets and up to 18m.

Also as my montana can't fit my baggage I'll buy a bow there. Preferably T/D so I can bring it back to Spain, so if you have any pointers on a good economic bow they'll be greatly appreciated. I'm going to be in Elmwood Park, I believe near there is an archery shop called targeteers, is it a good one or there are others specialized in trad gear?

Also I would like to congratulate and thank all the ones (everyone) that make this forum possible. I registered some time ago and have learnt since then lots of things: Ashby reports, Adcock bow tuning, Terry's clock form, uncountable tips from not so known members, etc. There is a huge amount of info here, for me the most important site in the internet about bowhunting and trad archery. Maybe now that I have acquired a little knowledge I'm able to post regularly. Best regards

Posts: 5 | From: Spain | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bamboo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bamboo   Email bamboo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
enjuto
i'm no help with ranges--but archery deer hunting season is open statewide in new jersey
maybe you can break that new bow in

--------------------
Mike

Posts: 1356 | From: northern most jersey! | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cj3a
Member # 7656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cj3a   Email cj3a   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, Targeteers has a indoor range but mostly deal with compounds.
Posts: 27 | From: Oakland NJ | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BowHuntz
Member # 26104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowHuntz   Email BowHuntz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.blackknightbowbenders.com
Posts: 2 | From: Toms River, New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enjuto
Member # 24102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enjuto   Email Enjuto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

bamboo: but I think that I read somewhere that you should pass a test to hunt in NJ, something about shooting 5 arrows to a 3d deer vitals and hitting at least 3 and a written test, is that right?

cj3a: Watching the photos of their page that's what I supposed, but I don't need them to have high end trad bows. I'm not enough good shooter to tell the difference between a good bow and a not so good one. A samick or something like that is enough for me, or when I get there look for something used like ben pearson or a bear. I remember when I began shooting, in my club there was a nice longbow and I kept "stealing" it to shoot with it, it was a Ben pearson, for me it was quite a good bow. Later I found out that it cost like 50$. I didn't mind, it did the job, if I could find something like that in an auction site, I'll be happy.

BowHuntz: I checked out, nice range you have there, I'll try to attend the 27th cabin fever shoot. I've got a question about the name, what does Swap meet means?

So where do you guys of new jersey shoot? On your own? In a club?

Posts: 5 | From: Spain | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bamboo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bamboo   Email bamboo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
santi
maybe the jersey boys know more--i'm a non resident hunter in new jersey also--
if you have a hunting licence from your country they should take that instead of the NJ course--but i'm not positive--hopefully
might be worth a try
good luck
--------------mike

--------------------
Mike

Posts: 1356 | From: northern most jersey! | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BowHuntz
Member # 26104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowHuntz   Email BowHuntz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
swap meet is were someone will bring things they own to sell
Posts: 2 | From: Toms River, New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©