Please note that Trad Gang forum registrations have been suspended between
Sunday, March 18th, and Monday, March 26th,
during our conversion/migration move to a new server and new forum software.
We apologize for this inconvenience - please do come back, y'all!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Once a deal has been struck, no backing out by seller or buyer or trader! The initial agreed upon exchange MUST occur UNLESS both parties mutually concur to terminate the deal!

Trad Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » NEW JERSEY - Traditional Archers of New Jersey » Doe with arrow in head

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doe with arrow in head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beendare   Email beendare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big news in NJ- photo of the doe with an arrow and BH stuck through its head walking around.

Is there a BH org in NJ? Don't you think it would be a great idea to get out in front of this and donate to the F&G to dart that doe and nurse her back to health and bowhunters provided the funds?

I'm in for $100 if someone can direct me to the right org

You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.”
― Edwin Louis Cole

Posts: 291 | From: Alamo,Ca | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Jeffer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Jeffer   Email Jerry Jeffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That isn't real. That was started by an anti.

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Posts: 4003 | From: Stroud Township ,PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Contributor 2014
Member # 12055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskippy   Author's Homepage   Email imskippy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turns out it really was true. There are photos of fish and game removing the arrow.

Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Posts: 964 | From: Vernon, N.J. | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Recurve50 LBS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Recurve50 LBS   Email Recurve50 LBS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jerry apparently this was a true story. I thought it was a fake started by anti's too until I was approached and questioned by a CO because he noticed me carrying my long bow. I was asked if I had heard of the doe with the arrow through it face. Naturally I said yes. Told him I thought it was a hoax. The CO then said that since I was hunting "not very far from where it happened" he wanted to know what broadheds I use and had in my quiver. I told him that IMHO it was done by some irresponsible kid shooting one of his Dad's arrows he found in the garage. I handed over my quiver and showed him my carbons topped with Grizzly single bevel broadheads. I also pointed out that I don't shoot aluminum shafts and Zwicky broadheads. He soon bid me a good day and good luck hunting.

Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Posts: 976 | From: Boonton NJ | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad ©