Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » NEW JERSEY - Traditional Archers of New Jersey » Doe with arrow in head

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doe with arrow in head
beendare
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beendare   Email beendare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big news in NJ- photo of the doe with an arrow and BH stuck through its head walking around.

Is there a BH org in NJ? Don't you think it would be a great idea to get out in front of this and donate to the F&G to dart that doe and nurse her back to health and bowhunters provided the funds?

I'm in for $100 if someone can direct me to the right org

--------------------
You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.”
― Edwin Louis Cole

Posts: 291 | From: Alamo,Ca | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Jeffer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Jeffer   Email Jerry Jeffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That isn't real. That was started by an anti.

--------------------
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Posts: 4003 | From: Stroud Township ,PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskippy
Contributor 2014
Member # 12055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskippy   Author's Homepage   Email imskippy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turns out it really was true. There are photos of fish and game removing the arrow.

--------------------
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Posts: 964 | From: Vernon, N.J. | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Recurve50 LBS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Recurve50 LBS   Email Recurve50 LBS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jerry apparently this was a true story. I thought it was a fake started by anti's too until I was approached and questioned by a CO because he noticed me carrying my long bow. I was asked if I had heard of the doe with the arrow through it face. Naturally I said yes. Told him I thought it was a hoax. The CO then said that since I was hunting "not very far from where it happened" he wanted to know what broadheds I use and had in my quiver. I told him that IMHO it was done by some irresponsible kid shooting one of his Dad's arrows he found in the garage. I handed over my quiver and showed him my carbons topped with Grizzly single bevel broadheads. I also pointed out that I don't shoot aluminum shafts and Zwicky broadheads. He soon bid me a good day and good luck hunting.

--------------------
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Posts: 976 | From: Boonton NJ | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©