Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » ***Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2005*** (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: ***Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2005***
Ryan Rothhaar
Charter
Member # 2652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan Rothhaar   Email Ryan Rothhaar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to see an '05 version!

Jason-
That's not a bad buck for a gap-shooter from Chicago! Congrats on starting '05 right!

Ryan

Posts: 1075 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason R. Wesbrock
Charter
Member # 367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason R. Wesbrock   Email Jason R. Wesbrock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...gap-shooter from Chicago!"

Oh man, not you too? You've been hanging around Cagle too long. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3755 | From: Northeast Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gregg dudley
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregg dudley   Author's Homepage   Email gregg dudley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

THis is a hot spot for deer activity. I have already killed two deer ( 8 point and a doe) this season. The ridge runs down from over my right shoulder and spills into a bottom in front of the stand. Deer travel both directions in the morning and I have yet to really figure out where they are going either way. Hunting woods without agriculture is sometimes a mystery, but when you find a spot that produces consistent sightings, you stick with it. Both of the deer that I have shot this season came down the slope from the right working down in front of the stand on the left. I will be in this stand again on January 15. It will have had a 16 day rest.

--------------------
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Charity Shoot January 25, 2014 at the Canyons Zipline near Ocala

Come shoot with us!

Posts: 5340 | From: weirsdale, fl | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, Nice buck!!

[ January 08, 2008, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17190 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Jason, great late season buck! [Not Worthy] [thumbsup]

[ January 08, 2008, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8037 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Littlefeather
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlefeather   Email Littlefeather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went over to one of my favorite places this morning to try and catch up with the hogs. It obviously wasn't my day to shoot a pig but it was a nice walk in the woods. Temps were in the 30's and the wind was very mild. I did find a neat hive full of bees that were too cold to fly. Sorry the pic wasn't very clear. CK

-

-

Posts: 5961 | From: So. Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tree Killer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tree Killer   Email Tree Killer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curtis...what kind of bees are those, plain ole honey bees?

About 10 years ago I fell a big(6ft dia.) western red cedar tree that had a schoolmarm at about 60 ft up. The base of the tree was hollow which is quite common for big cedars. When it hit the ground the schoolmarm(two tops) split open the lower section of the tree revealing a huge bee hive. The hive was abandoned, but had piles of honeycomb! We brought in packboards and garbage bags the next day and packed out over 200lbs of honeycomb which we rendered in my friends shop. Can't remember how many gallons of honey we ended up with, but everybody I knew received a quart of good honey for Christmas that year.

Ron

--------------------
"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

Posts: 1259 | From: Sandy, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOFF
Contributor 2008
Member # 4767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOFF   Email BOFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, Great story and buck! [thumbsup]

Curtis, neat pics. Wish the bee hive was clearer, but don't think I'd stay there too long for the photo myself.

Keep em coming guys.

[ January 08, 2008, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

Posts: 1595 | From: TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveMcD
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveMcD   Email SteveMcD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has been my favorite deer hunting spot for several years. Not a lot of deer and one heck of a drag around this beaver pond. But, I have spent (and with the help of our Lord) will spend many memorable days to come here.

-

--------------------
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Posts: 1683 | From: Atlantic, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shaun
SPONSOR
Member # 2320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaun   Email Shaun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you see Mr Bushytail 20 yds up in this elm? (He's right in the middle of the photo)

-

Here is the zoomed in view with nutter ready.
 -

Gave this fox skerl the salute afet about 100 shots and a few lost nutters and left him for another day. Lots of near misses, limb hits and ducking. This shoting straight up is harder than you'd think. Different muscles, have to aim a little low since there is no drop in arrow flight and of couse the fear factor of nutters coming back into earth orbit.

--------------------
www.taurusbows.com

Posts: 5075 | From: Iowa City,IA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Please keep your pics NO MORE than 600 pixels wide. Any wider that that disrupts the format, and they will likely be deleted.

Thanks.

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26363 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thardy
Member # 5153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thardy   Author's Homepage   Email thardy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Squirrel Pic! Hope to contribute some soon myself.
Tom

Posts: 12 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just another beautiful day in Montana [Big Grin] A few of us TBM guys got together and tried to thin the doe crop in a late hunt up here. We saw tons of deer but didn't manage to take any home [Frown] I think the temps ran from 5º up to a balmy 12º, remember it's a dry cold [Big Grin]  -

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8037 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayoulongbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoulongbowman   Email bayoulongbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug yall look like one of them hot oatmeal commericals [Razz] [Big Grin] ....how do ya stay warm...burrr...I bet thats a real hoot!

--------------------
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had better be right!"

Posts: 12165 | From: Baton Rouge , La. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roughcountry
Contributing Member 2006
Member # 2496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roughcountry   Email Roughcountry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, that shot just made me put some more wood in the stove. I think I'd have ta hear a hound bay ta be out in that.

[ January 08, 2008, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

Posts: 2164 | From: Eastern Oregon | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©