Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 57 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  55  56  57   
Author Topic: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006
Littlefeather
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlefeather   Email Littlefeather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, It's a New Year again so soon. Seems like yesterday that I started the daily pics for 2005. What a year it was!!! It was the biggest year I've seen for Tradgangers to connect with game. Congrats to you all and I hope to see your pics again this year on the daily hunt pics! Happy New Year! CK
Posts: 5961 | From: So. Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heres one from 9:00 this AM,put a Zwickeymark centered in the top of her heartfrom a treestand at 4 yds!!Good way ta start the year!! [bigsmyl] [bigsmyl] [bigsmyl]  -

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Posts: 8784 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Whittler
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Whittler   Email The Whittler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kenny, congrts on the deer. [bigsmyl] Alan
Posts: 2524 | From: Northern Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Curlis
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Curlis   Email Bill Curlis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to start the year out.

--------------------
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Posts: 571 | From: Turlock,CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Day 2/2006 No pics today,short story- Rain last nite and 10-20 mph winds this afternoon made me go with a new plan. Slipped into a mess of thick stuff and as luck would have it saw the deer first.Now normally I don't mess with the beddin area but close to end of season I got a little closer.Ended up hunkered in a clump of trees for bout an hour just watchin deer,bout 10 does and 4 bucks,the bucks sparred,followed does and rubbed trees.Biggest was borderline P/Y,think same one I passed 2 weeks ago,a real clean 8 pt.
Felt really lucky just to get to watch,finally backed out and slipped away. Not sure I could stalk one pair of eyes,much less 10 or 15 [Smile]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Posts: 8784 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kip
CORPORATE SPONSOR 2014
Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kip   Email Kip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No pics but killed a 200 lb. boar hog New Years afternoon first hunt in 2006.I also killed a 60 to 70 lb. sow the last day of 2005 had a fun weekend.Kip
Posts: 2182 | From: Ville Platte Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First stumping/squirrel hunt of the year.One running shot at a squirrel,that just took some hair off his back......

Sunrise....

-

One stump shot,I was actually trying to hit the green,mossy spot.I was kinda proud of the shot anyway,it was 42 paces...........

-

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17018 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timo
Charter Member
Member # 180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo   Email Timo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guru,1 inch higher on that stump, and I could've caught that arrow out my back door? [Not Worthy]

--------------------
(Enny o yuns know ware thu heart o a stumpytail izz??)

Posts: 4781 | From: Hickory co.Mo. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carver287
Member # 6321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carver287   Author's Homepage   Email carver287   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
started the year with a gathering/shoot. About 25 of us, had a great time. Dustin

-

Posts: 37 | From: Whitehall, MT | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carver,That's some awesome country!!!!

Timo.... [bigsmyl] .Won't mention some of my other shots [banghead]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17018 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Littlefeather
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlefeather   Email Littlefeather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet! Nothing cooler than giant Cypress. CK
Posts: 5961 | From: So. Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorthShoreLB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthShoreLB   Email NorthShoreLB       Edit/Delete Post 
January full moon, 12:15 PM, 3 1/2 yards shot at this nice sow.

2nd hunt with my new Guava selfbow.

-

--------------------
"Almost none knows the keen sense of satisfaction which comes from taking game with their own homemade weapons"

-JAY MASSEY-

Posts: 2667 | From: North Shore Oahu | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdemoya
Contributor 2014
Member # 144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdemoya   Email jdemoya   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NorthshoreLB, how is that Guava wood for a bow? I know in my native country, Dominican Republic, they make baseball bats with it. Can you post pics of your bow? I'd love to see it! Thanks.
God bless,

Jose

Posts: 528 | From: Maysville, KY | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorthShoreLB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthShoreLB   Email NorthShoreLB       Edit/Delete Post 
jdemoya,

there is 2 threads with my guava bows. MUST be around page 6 or 7 by now.

"My latest Selfbow takes a pig"

"A few HAWAIIAN bows"

I'm learnig more and more every day in how to maximaze the propertys of this wood, so far I've found it excellent.

Manny

--------------------
"Almost none knows the keen sense of satisfaction which comes from taking game with their own homemade weapons"

-JAY MASSEY-

Posts: 2667 | From: North Shore Oahu | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bearcurve
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bearcurve   Email Bearcurve   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warren W., I always wanted to sling some spinnerbaits around them cypress, used to love to bass fish! I love this thread and enjoy seeing all the great pics of Gods beautiful creation!

--------------------
As for Me and My House, We will serve the Lord. Josh 24:15

Posts: 193 | From: Harlan, KY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 57 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  55  56  57   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©