Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION LISTING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006 (Page 30)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 57 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  55  56  57   
Author Topic: Daily Hunt pics and Stories 2006
juneaulongbow
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 382

Icon 1 posted      Profile for juneaulongbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice buck...congrats!

Chris

Posts: 541 | From: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
702plmo
Contributor 2007
Member # 9321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 702plmo   Email 702plmo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A co-worker (Sharkey1) has been talking to me for several years about converting from a wheeled bow to a trad bow. I took his advise and started shooting a recurve late last year. I have not taken an animal with it yet but love shooting it and man am I hooked. This is the first year I started hunting with my recurve.
Sharkey1 has not hunted in a few years due to a his job and hours but started back up and this is a pic of him walking to his stand. He dooes not know I took the pic or that I have posted it. LOL
 -

This is a pic of my Bigriver recurve and the back ground is one of the farms we hunt.
 -

--------------------
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1234 | From: Edinburgh Indiana (South Central) | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Ferret
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Ferret   Author's Homepage   Email the Ferret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on a fine buck and story Festus. That had to be exciting [thumbsup]

--------------------
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Posts: 12891 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobhat
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobhat   Author's Homepage   Email Bobhat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Festus!!! I'll be heading to Susquhanna County in a couple weeks to hunt with my dad.

--------------------
Toelke Whip
Assenheimer Hunter Deluxe
"We don't stop playing because we are old. We are old because we stop playing." Ben Franklin

Posts: 278 | From: Southern NJ | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe D
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe D   Author's Homepage   Email Joe D   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev
Nice buck and congrats! It's nice to see that there are still some deer left up in the north country. [Smile] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Joe D
"Silva Vocat"

Posts: 1042 | From: Bucks County, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaldingEagle
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BaldingEagle   Author's Homepage   Email BaldingEagle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on that nice, PA buck.
John

--------------------
"It is the difficulties of archery that make it so interesting to true archers."
Archery-Badminton Library

Posts: 866 | From: Maryland | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveMcD
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveMcD   Email SteveMcD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Festus! Nice buck! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Posts: 1674 | From: Staatsburg, New York | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ratgunner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ratgunner   Author's Homepage   Email ratgunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Festus,that smile says it all.Way to go man.

--------------------
TGMM "Brotherhood of the Bow" "Family of the Bow"

Posts: 834 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vermonster13
SPONSOR
Member # 8675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vermonster13   Email vermonster13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great buck Festus. Congrats!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Posts: 21781 | From: Rutland, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep this is one of the best threads, nice job everybody!

Here in MT it was a dreary rainy day yesterday, finally drove me back to the shop but here's what I found instead of elk, perfect Moosie weather [Wink]
 -
Love is in the air [Wink]
 -
Momma wasn'tputting up with any nonsense from anybody, she scared me worse than any griz [Big Grin]

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 7742 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowspirit
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowspirit   Email Bowspirit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, Doug...those are some great looking moose pics. Can you hunt moose up in Montana???

--------------------
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
-Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
-Chuck Nelson

Posts: 1933 | From: Saratoga County, NY | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man look at the hair on her neck. [scared]

--------------------
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight. (NIV)

Posts: 3889 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fireman_3311
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fireman_3311     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doe #3 for me this year...8 yd shot, quartering away, centerpunched her heart!!! First time my new wife has been out hunting with me, setting in the same tree. We had 11 does work by us all morning! Now if I could just find one with "draggin handles"!!! I'm off to Iowa for a week of bowhunting, leave in the morning!!!

-

-

--------------------
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books. Have tape, will travel!!!

Posts: 1234 | From: Pilot Grove/Marshall, MO | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arrow4Christ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arrow4Christ   Email Arrow4Christ       Edit/Delete Post 
grats fireman! NICE shot and NICE mature doe bro! good eatin'! [thumbsup] BTW, you know you can't post on here without tellin' me what equipment ya used right? LOL [bigsmyl]
Posts: 1267 | From: Hooker, Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fireman_3311
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fireman_3311     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks GWBowhunter! I use a 64" MA-II Black Widow, complete with Canebrake rattler skins...Her name is "Dorothy", after me granny!!! 53#@30", full length GoldTip Traditional 35/55 XT's, Magnus 4 blades, 125gr., shoot 3 fingers under...lol. Shot was at 8 yds from a 15' ladder stand, wife was in a hangon right next to me. She was good help trackin and draggin!!! She's shootin, but not hunting just yet. I'm off to Iowa, sw corner in the am, for a week of bowhunting, hope to bring back some pics for ya!!!

--------------------
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books. Have tape, will travel!!!

Posts: 1234 | From: Pilot Grove/Marshall, MO | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 57 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  55  56  57   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©