Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2007 (Page 42)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43   
Author Topic: Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2007
Montyc
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Montyc   Email Montyc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glenn,
Nice buck, congrats. Did your dog help you drag him out. [Smile] .

Posts: 176 | From: Sparta, MI | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
juneaulongbow
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 382

Icon 1 posted      Profile for juneaulongbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ewe Dall sheep...

-

Posts: 559 | From: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gordon Jabben
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gordon Jabben   Email Gordon Jabben   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Squirrel hunting today with Molly.
 -

Posts: 478 | From: Bartlesville OK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwin   Email Arwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

I love late season bowhunting. I worked for this gal and loved every minute of it! Taken on Dec 19th with a McCullough longbow 52#@28, Snuffer 160, 2213 Classic.

--------------------
Just one more step.....please!

St. Joe River Bows
Oliverstacey Strings
Swafford Knives
Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 4264 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorthShoreLB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthShoreLB   Email NorthShoreLB       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Gordon, what kinda bow you're shooting ?

--------------------
"Almost none knows the keen sense of satisfaction which comes from taking game with their own homemade weapons"

-JAY MASSEY-

Posts: 2667 | From: North Shore Oahu | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Holchin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Holchin   Email Jeff Holchin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love your photos from up high in Alaska, Chris. The white sheep are on my "must hunt" list before I die or before I can't climb the mountains anymore, whichever comes first......

--------------------
"He has also made me as a select arrow, He has hidden me in His quiver." - Isaiah 49:2

Posts: 781 | From: Hickory, NC | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
juneaulongbow
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 382

Icon 1 posted      Profile for juneaulongbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that was my first Dall hunt and I didn't get one but a rifle friend did.
Posts: 559 | From: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gordon Jabben
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gordon Jabben   Email Gordon Jabben   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Northshore
It's an old Buddy & Jim 21st Century bow. I also shoot a Dave Dowell bow which is quieter and faster, but I have so much faith in my old 21st Century that I hunt with it most of the time. It originally was 71#, but now after being shot almost daily for years and being refinished, it is down to 64#. I wish it was a little less.

Posts: 478 | From: Bartlesville OK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowspirit
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowspirit   Email Bowspirit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, with New Year's bearing down on us, I figured that it's time to gather up the courage to post this one...

-

This blood-thirsty beast was one of many taken over the summer with a 65# longbow and homemade poplar arrow. Tip was a pistol casing, if I recall correctly...

--------------------
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
-Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
-Chuck Nelson

Posts: 1933 | From: Saratoga County, NY | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirty Bill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirty Bill   Email Dirty Bill       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,we have one day left to bow hunt here in West Virginia. Monday will be the last dance for deer.

I hope we get some shots. Two shots were missed friday. Maybe it will be my turn for a shot.

I'll post a pic if I get one. I really enjoyed this thread.I read 32 pages of it tonight.. [clapper] [campfire]

Posts: 601 | From: wv | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirty Bill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirty Bill   Email Dirty Bill       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,we saw lots of deer today,and a coyote.I had so many deer around me at one point,I didn't know which way to look.A bunch ran up from behind me,I picked one out and shot,but...PLUNK..the arrow went behind the deer and stuck in the dirt. A lot of arrows were launched today,but only one deer killed,a nice doe,and a bunch of misses.I personally heard two different trees get whacked... [biglaugh]

We came home with good stories to tell,and one nice doe that went to a family who's dad is laid off.

We had tons of fun,and next year will be even better.I think..for sure it will be longer,because I'll be out on opening day next year. You all have a great New Year. [archer] [goldtooth] [campfire]

Posts: 601 | From: wv | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aeronut
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aeronut   Email Aeronut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dirty Bill it sounds like you guys had a good hunt and a lot of fun. That was a great gift to a needy family. Good on ya!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

Dennis

Posts: 1519 | From: Osage Township, McCune, Kansas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirty Bill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14514

Yeah,we had a lot of fun.Plenty of excitement too.I'm not sure how many bucks were sighted,but we left em for seed for next year.. [goldtooth] [campfire]
Eastern fisher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eastern fisher   Email Eastern fisher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is an awesome story Bill. I hunted this year for the first week and only saw does. Here in Nova Scoita you have to be drawn for an "anterless deer" tag. So I could only let them go. That was an good thing you did by giving that meat to someone who really needed it. Great job. Awesome act of generosity. Please keep in touch.

--------------------
A bad day of hunting is still far better than a good day at work.

Posts: 381 | From: Beaver Bank, Nova Scotia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirty Bill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14514

You bet.A little story about that doe. Two does came out of the brush from my right at about twelve yards.I was going to pick the bigger one to shoot,but realized the guy that wanted to give the deer away,was just up from me.

These were the only deer I saw walking.The first doe was heading right to the other guy,Mike,so I let it walk and was getting ready to shoot the second one.Just then the first doe stopped right in front of Mike at about 15 yards.

Whack,he drills this doe,and I see the arrow blow through. Of course this spooked the deer I was going to shoot,but I had a good feeling because I knew Mike had the deer he needed.

This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©