Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » More broadhead stuff !!!!!!!!!!! Updated (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: More broadhead stuff !!!!!!!!!!! Updated
Ol'school
Contributing Member 2006
Member # 7077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ol'school   Email Ol'school   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Charlie!
I found it interesting to see what some of the others were using.

--------------------
"I may be getting older, But I hope I NEVER grow up!

Posts: 383 | From: Dripping Springs, TX | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stickbowhntr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stickbowhntr   Email stickbowhntr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so did you do an analisis of what were the most popular bows, bow weight and broadhead preference by the numbers ??? That would be nice...
Posts: 327 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie Lamb
Charter Member
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie Lamb   Email Charlie Lamb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stickbowhntr... My main interest in this little study was to get a feel for broadhead popularity as regards bow weight preference.

What I did see, from the responding members, was that most of the above 60# shooters seemed to be more confident with penetration from there bows... picked larger and multibladed heads.

Also, since I'm familiar with the history of many of the above 60# group, it seems that more experienced hunters chose slightly heavier bow weights... again, remember this is a VERY small cross section of members.

It also seemed that as bow weight dropped, so did the popularity of the 3 to 1 ratio heads... which I found very interesting.

--------------------
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Posts: 10682 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stickbowhntr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stickbowhntr   Email stickbowhntr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you ...I'm sitting here trying to go thru this with a cold and just overwhelemd with the info and may try to do just that for myself.... It is very interesting info ...I find as I age I am looking to lighter bows with even heavier arrows but still shoot for the most part 2-blade deltas.
Posts: 327 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OH at work
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OH at work   Email OH at work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
55-58# @ 25 inches. Longbows Carbons

1) Stos 160 grain
2) Zwickey Eskimo
3) Simmons Interceptor
4) Ace Standard
5) Woodsman

Joe

Posts: 1071 | From: Dayton, Oh | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David M. Mathis
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David M. Mathis   Email David M. Mathis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
51# @28" RH Samurai Shrew Longbow
1) Woodsman
2) Magnus II
3) Grizzly
4) Snuffer
5) Magnus I

Mike

Posts: 284 | From: Athens, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
overbo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for overbo   Email overbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
60 to 65 lbs @ 26'' recurve

145 & 160 snuffer (which weight tunes best)
WW 125

Shot deer w/ Bear,Magnus and Zwickey 2 blades.Just like HOLES not slits.

Posts: 2158 | From: Va | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
54 pound recurve to 73 pound longbow @ 28"
total arrow weights from around 550 to around 750 grains. I try to stay around 10 grains per...

Broadheads, modified Magnus I (narrowed) to
190 grain ribteks. Gonna try the Woodsman this year also.

Have been happy with two blade results
Chuck

Posts: 5577 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Up for another run a year later.....

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26495 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©