Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » The Adventures of Hope and Faith Striker (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   
Author Topic: The Adventures of Hope and Faith Striker
bob@helleknife.com
Contributor 2007
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob@helleknife.com   Author's Homepage   Email bob@helleknife.com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Raineman,

THANKS so much for your generous offer.

Our late season Blacktail hunt here in Oregon is just about as much fun as a guy could have and I wanted to pass on that "karma" to the bow. Blacktails are very difficult to take when all six legs are on the ground. Would have been pretty neat to pass that on...but, alas no deer taken!

Nothing going on here late January and I will try again next year if we still have the progam in place.

Thanks again for your kind offer.

Bob

--------------------
Beware of all enterprises that require a new suit.

Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

Posts: 499 | From: Bend, Oregon | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buks2hunt
Member # 9774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buks2hunt   Email buks2hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob,
I used bmcmahan@bendbroadband.com

Sorry about the whole deal but I sent e-mails out on the 16th and 17th and asked on here the 20th if anyone new how else to get ahold of you.

Bill

--------------------
Big bucks look good on the wall, but I still haven't found a way to tenderize those bones!

Posts: 67 | From: Westville, IL | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Howard S.
Contributor 2007
Member # 2906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Howard S.   Email Howard S.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HOOO BABY! Hope was waiting for me on the front porch when I got home on Friday. [bigsmyl] The dogs had to wait an hour for their dinner 'cause I just had to take her out and shoot a few arrows.
Between family Christmas parties and taking the granddaughter out to cut down a Christmas tree it took me all weekend to get her dialed in. I was able to find some 5/16 diameter POCs I had in the arrow bucket that she likes braced at 7 3/8".
I'll be taking her to my trad league tonight to let several other Trad Gangers have an opportunity to shoot her. I have a 4-day weekend planned to try some late season whitetail action in the heart of Michigan's 'Thumb'. The local bunnies and squirrels must know she's arround becasue they were all out of site this past weekend.
Hopefully there'll be a hero picture and more stories to follow.
This is one sweet shooting bow!

Howard

Posts: 111 | From: White Lake, MI | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Littlefeather
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlefeather   Email Littlefeather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad it got there safe and sound Howard. Best wishes on your upcoming hunts. She's been good to numerous hunters. Hopefully you too will share some MOJO. CK
Posts: 5961 | From: So. Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwin   Email Arwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great hog Curtis!! BTW your segment on the DVD with frogs has prompted me to write our DNR and add bows to the list of ways to take them. Right now you can only use spears or a fishing pole. I love frog legs!!!

--------------------
Just one more step.....please!

St. Joe River Bows
Oliverstacey Strings
Swafford Knives
Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 4264 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Littlefeather
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlefeather   Email Littlefeather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to hear Arwin! It would be a great honor to see that happen! Good luck! If it doesn't happen you can always come down here and we'll brave the alligators to shoot a few frogs. CK
Posts: 5961 | From: So. Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Howard S.
Contributor 2007
Member # 2906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Howard S.   Email Howard S.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my time to hunt with Hope has come to an end. I spent this last weekend plus 2 days in an attempt to add to her mojo. I was able to count coup on a small doe on Friday morning. Unfortunately the winds turned ahead of the winter storm and my options became quite limited. Sunday was spent watching football and horizontal snow all day. Monday morning I had another chance and blew it. Hope did her part by drawing smoothly as always but I 'plucked and peeked' and watched my arrow fly harmlessly over the doe's back. She exited Stage Right. As I looked up after nocking a second arrow the doe was standing there looking at me. Busted! [banghead] Off she went and so ended my hunt with Hope. Late season can be tough with the weather. This weekend's blizzard verified that again. But this time of year it's always: 'wool and fleece, don't the house without them'.
I truely enjoyed my time with this wonderful bow and it has been a priviledge to participate in this effort. Hope will be hitting the road again on Wednesday.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Howard

Posts: 111 | From: White Lake, MI | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irish
Contributor 2014
Member # 1317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish   Email Irish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miss Hope is now in Kansas City. I have one doe tag left she needs to help me fill. I hope she gets a chance tomorrow afternoon.
Posts: 4055 | From: Lenexa, Ks | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vermonster13
SPONSOR
Member # 8675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vermonster13   Email vermonster13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go get her Mel!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Posts: 21791 | From: Rutland, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irish
Contributor 2014
Member # 1317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish   Email Irish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
IMG]
Took Hope out for a little walk last night, not much moving, saw 2 does, no shots
Same stand as above, different direction. I shot an 8 pointer from here in November

Posts: 4055 | From: Lenexa, Ks | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irish
Contributor 2014
Member # 1317

-

Yes, it was cold

stabow
Contributor 2014
Member # 6065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stabow   Email stabow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ed Fyre
Wanted to check to see if Faith is on the way. Hope she didn't get lost in the holiday rush.
Hope everyone has a happy new year, shoot straight..........stabow

--------------------
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Posts: 1867 | From: Alabama | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stabow
Contributor 2014
Member # 6065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stabow   Email stabow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Faith is 4 days late, did they lose my address?..........stabow

--------------------
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Posts: 1867 | From: Alabama | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yleecoyote23
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yleecoyote23   Email yleecoyote23   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
stabow, it's my fault....I went out of town last Friday and had made arrangements for it to be shipped....

Got home Monday and it was still here, you should have it tomorrow or Saturday....

I am very sorry. I hope I haven't ruined a hunt for you.

Danny

--------------------
-Danny

Posts: 1168 | From: Fort Davis, TX | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raineman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raineman   Email Raineman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
stabow, sent you a PM.
Posts: 2234 | From: Eldersburg, MD | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©