Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » The Adventures of 'Hope' and 'Faith' (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: The Adventures of 'Hope' and 'Faith'
Bob Walker
Contributor 2014
Member # 2302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Walker   Email Bob Walker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first time "Hope" went out in the field was Friday evening. I was paired up with Dick Easter and we hunted an area of the ranch that had a couple of low lying spots that looked right for game. There were lots of sign, but to make a long story short, no dice. We saw one nice size hog and one javie shortly after the hog but they were too far away to stalk. Both just crossed the sendero and disappeared into the prickly pear. As the day came to a close, we started seeing cottontails come out on the sendero and with a borrowed ace hex tipped cedar, I took my shot. Here is the result.
 -

--------------------
Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Ro 10:17)

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Posts: 3161 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rabbitman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rabbitman   Email rabbitman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice shooting Bob....really enjoyed spending time with you on the ranch and at the airport. Till the next hunt my friend. [thumbsup]
Posts: 2446 | From: Beavercreek, Ohio | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
The gals are off to a great start.....the Laguna Ranch is as good a place as any to break them in.

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26118 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
I got the knives from Jeremy!!!..and they look GREAT!!!...Got the arm guards from Art and they are beautiful!!!

Thanks!!!!!!

Faith will be going out tomorrow to Danny Spencer.

Thanks to all that have contributed to this effort [Not Worthy] [Not Worthy] [Not Worthy]

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26118 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Van/TX
Charter Member
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Van/TX   Email Van/TX   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, looks like that wabbit was trapped by a high fence [Razz] [bigsmyl] [bigsmyl] ....Van

--------------------
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Posts: 5696 | From: Live Oak, Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slow walker
Contributor 2007
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slow walker   Email slow walker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curtis, are you wearing snake boots in that photo??
Posts: 635 | From: Glendale, AZ | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Walker
Contributor 2014
Member # 2302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Walker   Email Bob Walker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Van, He had the option of climbing it and not gettin shot!

--------------------
Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Ro 10:17)

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Posts: 3161 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Van/TX
Charter Member
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Van/TX   Email Van/TX   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He made the wrong choice [bigsmyl] [bigsmyl] ...Van

--------------------
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Posts: 5696 | From: Live Oak, Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntrdfk
Contributor 2014
Member # 938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntrdfk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great start for both of these bows! I expect them to be bloodied many more times before my chance comes, and look forward to seeing the stories here.

David

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Associate Member

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Posts: 4447 | From: Somersworth, NH | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

The bow will be in its sock...and the matching knife is slid in the arm guard.

-

--------------------

Craig Warren
Sponsor
Member # 3459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Warren   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Warren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! What a great looking package.

Terry, I'd like to remind all the participants that the Bow Bolt is machined to very fine tolerances (.ooo5" at some points) and making sure it is completely clean before assembly is very important.
Thanks,
Craig

--------------------
www.warrenarchery.com

Posts: 197 | From: Maine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razorbak
Contributor 2014
Member # 158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razorbak   Author's Homepage   Email Razorbak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Craig..I will have FAITH at the poke and hope this year..hope to get a picture with you holding the bow...Art
Terry..that is a great lookin package

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2053 | From: Exeter, New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Parsell
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Parsell   Email Jim Parsell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Terry,
You threw me off for a few minutes,, I read the second thread first and then the origional thread, this one.. At first, I thought 2 gals were headed around the country hunting with different Trad. Gangers. I thought that was pretty neat, however, when i got to the part about them being autioned off next year, I got as excited as a 59 year old can get..... I thought this archery thing reall does bring folks closer together!!!!!!

Now that I'm all straightened out, Mark and Sandy, those are beautiful bows and how nice of you folks to send them on such a journey..

Mr. Walker, I do indeed like your hat!!! Jim

Posts: 326 | From: Caro, Mi. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bbassi
Contributor 2008
Member # 8068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bbassi   Email bbassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Parsell:
however, when i got to the part about them being autioned off next year, I got as excited as a 59 year old can get.....

[tunglaff] That's just wrong! [tunglaff]

--------------------
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Posts: 1731 | From: upstate NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al33
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al33   Author's Homepage   Email Al33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is one beautiful package!!! [thumbsup] Great job putting it all together. The only thing I see that may be missing is a box of excuses for misses. [Big Grin]

I am all ready thinking about set ups for next Spring when Miss Faith and I will will try to seduce an old tom into shooting range. Come on April!!!

Thanks to all for each one's part in making this happen. Awesome idea!

Al

Posts: 715 | From: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©