Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Friendship.....A Trad Gang "must read" Story. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Friendship.....A Trad Gang "must read" Story.
Tim
Contributor 2015
Member # 258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim   Author's Homepage   Email Tim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyday someone posts about the friendships made here on Trad Gang. Being a trad gang junkie like many of you I too have had the opportunity to make some great friends. Here's my story, one you'll all appreciate during Christmas.

Several months ago I met a guy by the name of Billy Shipp here on the classifieds. We're both lefties and love to buy, sell and shoot different bows. The friendship started with a post here and there where we learned about each others families, jobs and other interests. Most of the time I'm giving him a hard time about Texans and he's razzing me about being one of those East Coast folks. Long story short we check in a few times a weeks and give each other a hard time...just because.

Come to find out Billy wanted my Schafer and I wanted his Shrew, but a trade never happend. The Shrew Billy has is not just any Shrew but a Limited Edition with inlays, antler and a matching numbered knife. The bow has never been shot and the knife never sharpened! You Shrew folks know the bow!

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=058180

An AWESOME looking piece of craftsmanship. I wanted to buy the bow and we talked about it but neither one of us could come to a comfortable price. So I posted an ad in search of a "Lefty Shrew". No luck...none!

Fast forward to today. When I came home from work there was a long box on the kitchen table. Well, I think you all know what was in the box. My friend Billy had sent me his Shrew, followed up with an email....in so many words, "Merry Christmas Brother, I've had this boxed up for you for awhile and was just waiting for Christmas. The post office guaranteed it would be there on Christmas Eve. The bow is my gift to you and your son and the knife will follow. The only condition, Don't sell them and keep them both in your family and pass them onto your son."

To be honest folks, I "lost it" reading the email, as did my wife. I've never met this man but like many of you I consider him a good friend. As I told Billy, it wasn't about the bow, it was the thought and the fact that my kids saw what took place between two friends. That's what was special. The bow will stay in the family and will be used by both my son and I. The knife will stay in my pack and be used as intended. Both have Billy's name on them which I think is wonderful and will always remind me of this day.

To My Friend Billy Shipp...Thank you! "I love you man"!

Merry Christmas to all my friends here at Trad Gang!

Tim

[ December 24, 2008, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Tim Golder ]

Posts: 2386 | From: Southeastern PA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hormoan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hormoan   Author's Homepage   Email hormoan       Edit/Delete Post 
[Not Worthy]

Words are not needed [Not Worthy]

Although you are both so worthy.

Posts: 2981 | From: Otsego, Mi | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
[clapper] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26363 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilbobby
Contributor 2015
Member # 6171

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilbobby   Email lilbobby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's all in the heart!

--------------------
Conny

Posts: 623 | From: Houma, La. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Adams
Contributor 2014
Member # 14364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. Adams   Email J. Adams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Posts: 614 | From: Raton, NM | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
L. E. Carroll
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L. E. Carroll   Author's Homepage   Email L. E. Carroll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome post. Wishing the best to both of your families for the holidays. [clapper] and to all the rest of YOU GREAT FOLKS here on TG. [wavey]
Gene

--------------------
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
54 dual shelf static tipped Grizzly
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Posts: 2494 | From: La Center, Wash. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaPaFrank
Contributor 2015
Member # 10022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaPaFrank   Email PaPaFrank   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,
That is indeed a great story. Like you, and probably lots and lots of others, I too have been blessed with friendships on this site, that have not only humbled me, but changed my perception of the true meaning of the word, "friendship". Merry Christmas brother and to all of the wonderful tradgangers that have changed my life forever...

--------------------
Keep it Simple

"Hurry" The most dangerous word in Bowhunting!

Posts: 1877 | From: Northeast Ohio | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shaun
SPONSOR
Member # 2320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaun   Email Shaun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amen.

--------------------
www.taurusbows.com

Posts: 5075 | From: Iowa City,IA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[clapper] [clapper]

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2596 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lewis Brookshire III
Contributor 2015
Member # 9091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lewis Brookshire III   Email Lewis Brookshire III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW, thats what CHRISTmas is all about! Selfless giving! Congrats to you both!!

--------------------
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot: Missionary/Martyr.

Posts: 2716 | From: Dallas, Ga | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachbowhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 3597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachbowhunter   Email beachbowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now there's a great Christmas story. Congrats on your friendship!

--------------------
Ishi was a Californian [Cool]

Posts: 3075 | From: CA ... where the turf meets the surf | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JESSE69
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JESSE69   Email JESSE69   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, what a story and blessed both ways.Merry christmas,Jesse [clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

--------------------
THAT PUTS YOU IN ONE POSSIBLY TWO CATEGORIES,SUCKS TO BE YOU AND BETTER YOU THAN ME. JOKINGLY OF COURSE

Posts: 134 | From: OOLOGAH,OKLAHOMA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deermaster1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deermaster1   Email deermaster1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nuthin' like good people!

--------------------
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Posts: 366 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ScottinPA
Contributor 2014
Member # 2935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScottinPA   Email ScottinPA   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's what its all about. [clapper]

--------------------
Me: How'd you shoot?
My oldest son Austin: Ok. Would've had a good group if the target was wider.

Posts: 453 | From: Russell, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Not Worthy]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17190 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©