Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Traditionally Decorated Tree.....Naturally (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Traditionally Decorated Tree.....Naturally
Wannabe1
Contributor 2014
Member # 7774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wannabe1   Email Wannabe1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now that we know what it is, the question is, will it make a bow? I'm curious to know!

--------------------
"TGMM" Family of the Bow.
"Good shoot Papa!" My son Robert after every shot I make whether good or bad.

Posts: 6428 | From: Albany, Oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
SPONSOR
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
think i read some place that Gum (Eucalyptus) are not very good bow woods.

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4138 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frenchy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frenchy   Email Frenchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing colors
Terry where did you take these pictures ?

Posts: 145 | From: France. 300 kilometers east of Paris | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pete p
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pete p   Email pete p   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
easy...its a camo diamondwood tree

--------------------
Acts 10:13

Posts: 1136 | From: minnesota | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holm-Made
SPONSOR
Member # 1997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holm-Made   Author's Homepage   Email Holm-Made   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of camo would you have to wear to blend in with that tree? Tie Dyed maybe. Chad

--------------------
www.holmmadetraditionalbows.com

Posts: 1537 | From: MN | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
That pic was taken in Hawaii....yes, it almost doesn't look real....but it is.

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26277 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
b.glass
Contributor 2013
Member # 2507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for b.glass   Email b.glass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was a dead, barkless tree that some camo fanatic painted. From the shape of the tree and branches, and nearby leaves of another tree, I quessed walnut.

--------------------
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Posts: 3341 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crooked Stic
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crooked Stic   Email Crooked Stic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting! Might make some thin veneers and put them under clear glass.

--------------------
My daddy allways said there was more ways to kill a cat than choking it with butter. I allways say use a judo!

Posts: 2528 | From: Princeton IN. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbow1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbow1   Author's Homepage   Email longbow1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't that one of those new colored dymondwood trees?

--------------------
PBS ASSOCIATE MEMBER
NJ TRADITIONAL ARCHERS MEMBER

Posts: 227 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave2old
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave2old   Email Dave2old       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I be darned! And there I thought it was the work of some very tall psychedelicized retro hippie getting rid of his leftover scraps of many-colored paints! You just can't beat nature in any way, especially including truth and beauty. Now that's a tree I would hug!
Posts: 1054 | From: SW Colorado | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©