Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » HAVING FUN.........but getting FRUSTRATED.....pics....... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: HAVING FUN.........but getting FRUSTRATED.....pics.......
SKYLER W
Cadet Member
Member # 12539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SKYLER W   Email SKYLER W   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've had fun this season but it's been tough on us. Their aren't many acorns in the bottoms where we hunt so all the deer are in the mountains and are coming to the bottoms at night after dark.We've hunted more and harder than normal this year. I killed a swamp rabbit and missed a spike over a salt lick on the 2nd day. We finally moved up on the mountain today. It was about 4:00 when a doe walked out at 13 yards And I missed AGAIN right over its back. I'm not gonna give up, I just hope it gets better. Dad has really worked hard to get me in the best spots. I really appreciate it. Here are some pics....  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

[ November 13, 2008, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: SKYLER W ]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Speak softly and carry a Big Stick; You will go far.

Posts: 1476 | From: Alabama | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little Tree
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5844

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Tree   Author's Homepage   Email Little Tree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet pics, hang in there!
Posts: 659 | From: viroqua, WI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SKYLER W
Cadet Member
Member # 12539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SKYLER W   Email SKYLER W   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And this was this afternoon.......  -

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1476 | From: Alabama | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vermonster13
SPONSOR
Member # 8675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vermonster13   Email vermonster13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You tease Skyler!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Posts: 21791 | From: Rutland, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zipper bowss
SPONSOR
Member # 15052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zipper bowss   Author's Homepage   Email zipper bowss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
great pictures,it will happen and wen it does it will be that much sweeter.
Bill

--------------------
www.zipperbows.com
www.grizzlybroadheads.com
TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Posts: 2818 | From: P.O. Box 275 Mt. Orab, OH 45154 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George D. Stout
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 69

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George D. Stout   Email George D. Stout       Edit/Delete Post 
Skyler...son you are doing great, just have to fine-down that shooting. [saywhat] It took me seven years to get my first buck with the bow..from 1965 to 1972 here in Pa. You have a lot of years ahead of you, just hang in there and keep the faith.
Posts: 5075 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zipper bowss
SPONSOR
Member # 15052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zipper bowss   Author's Homepage   Email zipper bowss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh so it happened before I could even press ADD REPLY
Bill

--------------------
www.zipperbows.com
www.grizzlybroadheads.com
TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Posts: 2818 | From: P.O. Box 275 Mt. Orab, OH 45154 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry Surtees
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry Surtees   Email Larry Surtees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the pics. Looks like a great hunting area, and enjoy your time outdoors and especially the time hunting with your Dad.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2064 | From: Pensacola, Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeM
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeM   Email JoeM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keep at it [thumbsup]

--------------------
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 1411 | From: Centereach NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like you have a great hunting spot. Learn the lessons, enjoy the hunt and the rewards will become yours in time.

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2557 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redant 60/65
Contributor 2013
Member # 6529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redant 60/65   Email redant 60/65   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hang in there dude it will happen. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Larry

Posts: 1122 | From: San Diego, East County, Ca. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SKYLER W
Cadet Member
Member # 12539

Ok guys, that's just my arrow after i missed. No dead deer yet. I've killed 2 hogs with my recurve and a lot of deer with a gun, I just get a little nervous on the trad bow thing. I killed that rabbit at 21 yards then missed the deer at 8 yards just a few minutes later. [knothead] [banghead] I've had several other deer up close and very personal the last few days but the shot just wasn't right so I passed and know that was the right thing to do. Dad tells me that I'm learning something with every encounter and screw-up..... ..... I LOVE it!!!!!!!!! SKYLER

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

NoCams
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoCams   Email NoCams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Skyler,
Hurry up and break that eye candy of a bow that Ethan built ya in so I can use it next , haha !!! Sitting here on the couch with a ice bag on my shoulder now..... Tendonitis sucks !!!

Sure does pay to have Sky and DW for friends when you are a lefty too, endless supply of pretty bows to fondle and shoot.

nocams

Posts: 2625 | From: TN | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IB
Contributor 2010
Member # 7360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IB         Edit/Delete Post 
[biglaugh] [biglaugh] [thumbsup]
Posts: 2981 | From: Somewhere over the Rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the not so straight arrow
Cadet Member
Member # 10282

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the not so straight arrow   Email the not so straight arrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
cool pics man!
-cory

--------------------
burry me with my longbow, and a dozen good shafts, heard theres big deer in heaven

Posts: 102 | From: greenwich, new york | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©