Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » your closest shot (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: your closest shot
cooncrazy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cooncrazy   Email cooncrazy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just wondering what your guys closest kill shot on a big game animal on the ground and what lbs you were shooting thanks

--------------------
walk softly and carry a big stick

Posts: 151 | From: illinois | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adeeden
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adeeden   Email adeeden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shot a whitetail buck in 1984 from less than a yard! It's a long crazy story as well!

--------------------
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Posts: 1902 | From: Georgetown, IL | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gehrke145
Contributor 2014
Member # 13879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gehrke145   Email gehrke145   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
shot a wt. through the side of my double bull the arrow hit the deer before leaving the wall of the blind lol. The x was priceless
Posts: 1095 | From: CO | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woodchucker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shot an 85# coyote while I was sitting on a piece of chunk wood.The arrow went in the base of his neck and out his left hip.After he took off down the mountain,I stood up,walked 8 steps and picked up my arrow.

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting and sitting there looking Stupid

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 4798 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doctari
Contributor 2012
Member # 8709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doctari   Email doctari   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two whitetail deer from seven yards.

--------------------
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men." Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Posts: 368 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Otto
Contributor 2014
Member # 313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Otto   Author's Homepage   Email Otto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An 85# coyote???

Got any pics????

--------------------
Otto

Posts: 1537 | From: Cincinnati Oh | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gregg dudley
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregg dudley   Author's Homepage   Email gregg dudley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
100 pound pig at @3 yards.

--------------------
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Charity Shoot January 25, 2014 at the Canyons Zipline near Ocala

Come shoot with us!

Posts: 5331 | From: weirsdale, fl | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apex Predator
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apex Predator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a hog walk up on me from behind some thick cover. If I hadn't been at full draw he would have knocked my arrow off the shelf!

--------------------
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Posts: 3601 | From: Brunswick, Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkbreath
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkbreath   Email elkbreath   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was 17 I was callin in a bull with my dad. I set-up to shoot in a little brush spot that was literally right-on a nice trail. But, the bull we were calling was coming up the hill straight at me, while the trail was cross the hill. Anyway, the bull was comin good and I was ready, focused pretty hard on that bull comin, when I caught a flash of brown out of the corner of my eye. A spike bull (though I had no idea the size at the time) was coming down that trail right to me, twenty yards out. I drew (being literally in the brush I got away with it), and he passed by right on top of me. When his front shoulder went by, I let it go. I kid you not, I actually felt the arrow hit and penetrate the bull, as it was pushed in by my bowstring, pushing my arm backward a tad. That was close.

Another time my dad and I called up a bull that came down the hill on the same trail we were on as we were moving up on a different bull. That bull came down the trail fast, and we barely had time to get off the trail. I chose one side, my dad the other. He some how had the wherewithal to get an arrow on the string and shoot. the hit whirled the bull up on his hind legs, and when his hooves came down they barely missed me. He staggered off twenty or so yards and fell over. I alway tell my dad It was sure nice that he didn't get a pass through, who knows if he woulda got me or not.

shoot straight

--------------------
77# @ 29.5 r/d longbow homer
80# @ 29.5 GN super Ghost

Posts: 1174 | From: Finally back in wyo!!! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt schuster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matt schuster   Email matt schuster       Edit/Delete Post 
Bear from 4 yards, cow elk 4 yards, and a hog that I had to lean back to draw and when I shot he was less than 2 feet from my boots. I've shot several other hogs from under three yards.
Posts: 398 | From: atlanta,ga | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
draco
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for draco   Email draco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whitetail doe from natural ground blind. About 5' with a 70# Brackenbury.
Posts: 332 | From: Georgetown,Texas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Hammond
SPONSOR
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Hammond   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
elk- was at 5 feet and let him get out around 5-7 yards before I shot, bear 7 yards, hogs as close as Matt's, turkey 4 feet.

--------------------
The heights by great men reached-and kept, were not attained by sudden flight;
But while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night. -LONGFELLOW

www.biggamehuntingblades.com

PBS Regular Life Member
TGMM

Posts: 8557 | From: Buford GA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, A world record coyote!!!! [Wink]

3pt whitetail at 3steps on the ground,went twenty yards and crashed! Probably my quickest shot too....

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17127 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firstarrow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firstarrow   Author's Homepage   Email Firstarrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!
Some incredible stories.

My luckiest to date was an 8' shot spike elk, (the cow behind him on the trail was about 3') with a 66'' 57# Liberty English Elite.

--------------------
Being first, making a mark and being part of
something great!
Rich

May you keep the wind to your nose, have the patience of Job, and have your Firstarrow fly true.

Posts: 810 | From: Providence, Utah | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Wensel
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Wensel   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Wensel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I killed a mountain goat at probably ten feet many years ago.

--------------------
www.brothersofthebow.com

Posts: 515 | From: Libertyville, Iowa 52567 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©