Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » 2008 workout thread!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: 2008 workout thread!!
JBiorn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBiorn         Edit/Delete Post 
Day-2

25 lunges
25 cherry-pickers
25 jumping-jacks
25 no-weight squats
25 lunges
25 cherry-pickers
25 jumping jacks
25 no-weight squats
do all the lunges you can do
25 jumping-jacks
25 cherry-pickers
do all the no-weight squats you can do

Finish with a long set of jumping-jacks----get your heart-rate up and maintain it for 4 minutes if you can.

Please guys------if your questionable, ask your doctor before you get going too hard.

Posts: 1108 | From: Oakley, Idaho | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
SPONSOR
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think im goin to start some swimming to get into better shape, i prob swim less than once a year (except when i was in australia)

JBiorn what is a "8 count Bodybuilders"?

if im realy wanting to get strong for a hunt i do "20 to 1" push ups, sit ups and squats

basicaly you do 20 push ups then 20 sit ups then 20 squats,
then 19 push ups then 19 sit ups then 19 squats etc .....all the way down until you get to 1,

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4138 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBiorn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11500

Don't forget---even if your wanting to lose weight-----you must eat a nutritious diet. Breakfast is the most important, instead of lunch, have some healthy snacks to have all day, and eat a good solid supper. What you eat depends on bodytype. If your a large guy who wants to lose weight, LOTS of green veggies and lots of digestable protein----chicken and fish are the best, and eggs. You will want lots of carbs too----your working out pretty hard.
Us skinny guys will eat lots of protein! Lots of Carbs! We burn energy faster, so we need a huge dose of energy.

Stay away from energy drinks. Instead, drink a ton of water. Our bodies LOVE water. Make sure you have a salty snack during the day sometime.(I like peanuts-----they are nutritious AND are a natural testosterone source)

Running is a good thing----but I strongly feel that running on a hard surface is a bad thing for the joints-----run on grass if you can. I feel that calesthenics and swimming are the best workouts.

Posts: 1108 | From: Oakley, Idaho | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
p1choco
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for p1choco   Email p1choco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there! What is this 8 count body builders? I need a demonstration. Just kidding, I have never heard of them or seen them until I enlisted. Are you going to incorporate, hello dollies and flutter kicks into the workout? You prefer jumping jacks, I prefer side straddle hops! LOL.

--------------------
Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.

- Calvin Coolidge

Posts: 262 | From: East County San Diego | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBiorn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11500

8 count bodybuilder

stand ready
1-hands on the floor
2-extend your legs so you are in the pushup position
3-spread your legs
4-back to the pushup position
5-down pushup
6-up pushup
7-back to a squat with hands on the floor
8-stand up

p1choco
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for p1choco   Email p1choco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
8 count bodybuilders are no joke. Especially when you are out of shape!

--------------------
Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.

- Calvin Coolidge

Posts: 262 | From: East County San Diego | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
SPONSOR
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok cool im think im goin to give JBiorns workout a go

but im not quite fimiliar with the exercises,

What is a "count Bodybuilders" and what is a "cherry-pickers"?
thanks andy

--------------------

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4138 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
SPONSOR
Member # 8659

ok yip i know what the body builder is now! [thumbsup]
how about the "cherry-pickers"?
im gonna start this morning [Eek!]

--------------------

Andy Ivy

JBiorn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11500

Cherry pickers are like this--

spread your legs in the standing position
this is a 4-count exercise.

1-touch the floor with your fingertips
2-touch the floor by your feet with your fingertips
3-further back
4-back to standing

This is a stretching thing---you should feet your hamstrings stretching, and you get a good cardio workout

Leon.R
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leon.R   Email Leon.R   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think staying fit is more important tha most people think, not always gym work but general fitness.
I cycle 6-8 miles in the hills on offroad track daily longer on weekends, love hills.
Play squash(like rackett ball ) twicw a week for an hour.
Gym 3 days a week Eliptical,running and then row followed by circuit.
Downside - I smoke. Also walk two miles a day to my local pub....
6'2 and 190lbs

--------------------
Black Douglas 68#
Wing Gull 60#
Hoyt Havoc 80#
Coupla other wheelies.
If ya gonna be stupid, you better be tough!

Posts: 221 | From: South African in UK | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBiorn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11500

Havoc1-----YES!!
The best workout of them all is to play a sport.

I always was fond of Rugby---very fun, and a hell of a workout, too.

JBiorn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11500

Ok---these are just daily wakeup workouts. When your comfy doing these, lets talk about getting fit!
NorthShoreLB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthShoreLB   Email NorthShoreLB       Edit/Delete Post 
.....And don't overlook, stretching or yoga !!

--------------------
"Almost none knows the keen sense of satisfaction which comes from taking game with their own homemade weapons"

-JAY MASSEY-

Posts: 2667 | From: North Shore Oahu | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBiorn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11500

YOGA is a good thing! It not only builds your strength and flexibility, but it teaches you a lot about being still and calm. Almost like it was tailor made for Trad Archery.

NorthShoreLB-----PM me if your interested in this fitness stuff. We could talk.

Jeff

NorthShoreLB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthShoreLB   Email NorthShoreLB       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah you're right JBiorn, I run on sand or grass, hardtop is out of the question [bigsmyl]

--------------------
"Almost none knows the keen sense of satisfaction which comes from taking game with their own homemade weapons"

-JAY MASSEY-

Posts: 2667 | From: North Shore Oahu | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©