Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » The Adventures of Hope and Faith Striker (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: The Adventures of Hope and Faith Striker
Raineman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raineman   Email Raineman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to interupt. If you are interested in Miss Hope and are going to Denton Hill, please visit this thread:

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=94;t=000479

Bye the way--Congrats on the first blood Lloyd.

My apologies mods if this is not appropriate decorum.

Posts: 2234 | From: Eldersburg, MD | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joel smith
SPONSOR
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joel smith   Author's Homepage   Email joel smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
looks like i missed out for this year---dang, didn't realize they were already getting spoken for that early

--------------------
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Posts: 3135 | From: zebulon, georgia | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raineman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raineman   Email Raineman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks, I am keeping a pretty detailed journal of my time with Hope. Just thought I'd give you a little tidbit of it.

I must say, I have let you all down as of this evening. I spent most of the day shooting Hope today, to the amazement of myself and others, I just could not seem to miss.

That is until.......My elusive ground grizzly showed up while I was cooking on the grill. Long story short:

-
 -

I have more days left. My apologies. I will do my best to redeem myself and restore your Faith/Hope in me.

In the meantime here are me, Droptine59, and a "new to trad" shooter with her:
 -
 -
 -

More later.

Bye the way....Rick...You may want to send new shelf material to Paleface. It is pretty worn. (and you build one HECK of a bow!) I may get in line for one of these.

Posts: 2234 | From: Eldersburg, MD | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droptine59
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptine59   Email droptine59       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. That is one sweet shootin bow. Flat cast, fast and feels good in the hand. Nice bow Rick.Great piece of Coco Bolo.
Raineman,..are you sure that ground grizzly was not a "Miller" apparition?

Posts: 2517 | From: baltimore, md. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buckeye_hunter
Contributor 2012
Member # 9866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buckeye_hunter   Email buckeye_hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rick uses velcro, soft side or at least he used to on his rests. Very cheap, quiet and easy to replace if it needs it already . He makes a good bow. Top notch donating those rick!!
Posts: 3112 | From: Galion, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go! I'll meet you guys with Faith at Denton. She's gettin' a little lonely cause I'm right handed [banghead] Doc

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 7602 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Striker
SPONSOR
Member # 12092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Striker   Author's Homepage   Email Striker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the kind words about Hope and Faith. I'm glad to hear you all are enjoying them. Thanks for letting me be a part of this great cause.

Congratulations Lloyd on your bear!

If you guys can bring the girls over to my booth at Denton Hill I will be glad to replace the rests.

Thanks again and see you all at Denton Hill.

--------------------
Rick Ellis
Striker Bows

www.strikerbows.com

Posts: 61 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone Knife
Contributor 2015
Member # 10014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stone Knife   Email Stone Knife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son and I went to Denton, we met the other Trad Gang members at the shoot. My 11 year old son had an opportunity to shoot Hope, he made a nice hit with her on a javelin facing straight away, that made his weekend.

--------------------
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Posts: 6669 | From: silversprings ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Denton is always a great time! This year having Faith & Hope there plus the fact that the Trad Gang Saturday Shoot seems to grow each year was really neat.

One of the Best things about F&H was getting to know Gary @ Striker. It was almost like meeting a brother. He is so easy to talk with and so gracious & unassuming about his work. Anyone who hasn't shot these bows needs to give it a try.

Lloyd who took first blood @ bear camp with Hope has a new Striker coming! Thanks Gary [thumbsup] Doc

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 7602 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1030

I guess I didn't get much sleep from the trip home last night [Confused]

Thanks RICK!!! Still like a brother [Not Worthy] [Not Worthy] Doc

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Raineman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11068

Jeff, You are 100% right about Rick and his son Dusty. As my Grandma used to say, "They are the bee's knees". Class acts for sure.

I know you are waiting for some text and pics from the Hill, catching up at work today, PM me your email and I'll send more tonight.

4runr
Contributor 2015
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to chime in on Rick being "just one of the guys". I met hime at ATAR for the first time and when I saw him at ETAR it was like we were old buddies. He invited me to come in, have a seat, handed me a Gatoraide, and we commenced to chattin. His son is just like him, well, maybe a little younger. [bigsmyl]
Hope was a pleasure to shoot too. Comfortable and hit where I looked!!

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

www.tradways.com
Cyber home of HILL COUNTRY BOWS

Posts: 7779 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droptine59
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptine59   Email droptine59       Edit/Delete Post 
Right on, hung with fellow trad gangers, Rick and son awesome folk. I wish i could go back in time and do it over again.
Posts: 2517 | From: baltimore, md. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swampbuck
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampbuck   Email swampbuck       Edit/Delete Post 
I stopped by the booth several times to shoot "hope" she's quite the shooter for sure.Good thing I didn't bring any $$ LOL I think I may have been talked into one.

Very well done!! Thanks I'm lookin forward to shootin her again at the bunnyhunt

--------------------
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Posts: 3101 | From: Byron NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raineman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11068

Wow, what can I say about Hope. Denton Hill was AWESOME. Hope got to play with everyone. She spent some time with her sister, and I believe she had a major "hands on" experience.

Rick and Dusty Ellis, Builders of Hope and Faith:
 -

Me and Droptine59 "hammin' it up" before everyone signed the shirt:
 -

Me and Scott "Southpaw Shooter" taking Hope and Faith on the Trad Gang shoot:
 -

I had a great time, and am grateful to everyone who signed the shirt. Rick and Dusty Ellis had the honor of signing the shirt first, and then (in no particular order) the signatures were as follows: Droptine59, Drewsbow, StoneKnife and son Joe, Yellowbow, Bushwacker, Tom Phillips "the Bearman", Flightmedic, Matthew Nall, Sensai, WapitiChaser, Raineman, BBassi, Widow53, BJK, Non-typical, Platt 14, Southpaw Shooter, Nanook and Moe, 4runr, Huntit, justabitoutside, tippit (thanks for everything BTW), Jimneye, Swampbuck, Peckerwood, Bill M, Yellarknome, JL, Wingnut, Lee Viv, Tiode, Paul (from Sweden), Rob from Trad Tech, (and Paleface made it up saturday but missed me, so he gets to sign it tommorrow).

I have kept a VERY detailed journal for Hope. Just to give you all a taste, here is Saturdays':

"Hope spent the morning in the Striker booth after I warmed her up. Rick and Dusty seem to be very grateful for their part in her adventure. I picked up Hope and we went on the "Trad Gang" shoot. Man was that fun! Got everyone to sign the shirt and almost every Trad Ganger shot Hope or Faith. The great part was that Hope was joined by her sister faith. Scott "Southpaw shooter" took Faith, and we shot the round (most of it) together. We were "pimping" them to everyone we could.

A lot of foam fell victim to Hope and Faith today. StoneKnife's (Jim) boy Joe shot Hope and really liked her (and never missed!). I hope he tells stories about her one day.

Pictures were taken and hands were shaken and I did my final pimping to Nanook and his better half Moe. He shot Hope at the last target (the moving one while it was still) and we talked Moe in to shooting it. Her second arrow hit the metal bracket just above the target and absolutely "grenaded" her arrow. In Hope's case you will find the remnants of that arrow which represents the "Trad Gang" shoot at ETAR-Denton Hill.

Hope spent the rest of the day getting a heck of a workout at the Striker booth."

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©