Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » old bear bows (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: old bear bows
fredbear92
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredbear92   Author's Homepage   Email fredbear92   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and just for you guys to know.....I shoot a 1969 Grizzly at 45#s

--------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons-your quiver and bow-and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Posts: 591 | From: Ridgeland, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John D
Contributor 2008
Member # 10898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John D   Author's Homepage   Email John D   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zachary,
A very good friend of mine Jay Peake, gave me a few Bear items just the other day.
File and Knife set
Leather case for Take-Down B riser, and limbs
Polar Recurve 64"@45# (I think 1961)
 -

--------------------
Good Luck & Good Hunting!
John
COMPTON TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS
PBS Associate Member

Posts: 246 | From: North Braddock, PA. | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John D
Contributor 2008
Member # 10898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John D   Author's Homepage   Email John D   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
 -
Jay is a wonderful friend he tought me so much about shooting a recurve, and building arrows, I also love listening to his stories, about the days, before compounds. At 70 he is truely amazing.

--------------------
Good Luck & Good Hunting!
John
COMPTON TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS
PBS Associate Member

Posts: 246 | From: North Braddock, PA. | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rxhntr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rxhntr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A guy walked into my pharmacy and handed me an old Bear long bow 40# 62" with a double shelf. He said he heard I shot tradional equipment and gave it to me. Ill see if I can post a picture tomarrow. Ben
Posts: 391 | From: Merced, CA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HACKSAW
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HACKSAW   Email HACKSAW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you guys are into Fred Bear go to www.thesingingbowyer.com follow the site to hear Chad's music. He wrote a dynamite song about Fred everyone loves."The man in the Borsalino Hat " His music is different than anything else you have heard. I hunt with Chad and had the first cut of the CD before he took it to the studio.My daughter runs around singing his songs. Most folks I talk to say they never take it out of the CD player. Most of the popular Trad shops carry his CD. You can listen to most of it on your computer, however it is not as good as listening to it on a nice CD player on the way to work. Enjoy!
Hacksaw

--------------------
" IN THE SPRING I STRUT "
" IN THE FALL I RUT "

Posts: 261 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojac
SPONSOR
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kojac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was hunt with my hunting buddy and his son on this trip.

the father took his 1st deer w/this very same bear grizzly some 25yrs prior to his son takeing his very first deer
 -

4yrd shot from a treestand 8ft high, w/recovery of 30yrd (zwickey/wood shaft)

--------------------
Brian

"Hunting...is about the Sights, Sounds, Smells, and the Hunted...All the hunter has to do is show up"
http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=48;t=001324

Posts: 1001 | From: Somewhere in Montana | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fredbear92
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredbear92   Author's Homepage   Email fredbear92   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow I Iove these!

--------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons-your quiver and bow-and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Posts: 591 | From: Ridgeland, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitebuffalo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitebuffalo   Author's Homepage   Email whitebuffalo       Edit/Delete Post 
I love my 68 k mag, shot a doe with it last year and it was great to carry,Light,Compact,and deadly with a heavy arrow. I don't have any pics .

--------------------
TGMM

Posts: 3057 | From: Stanton,MI | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Budog56
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Budog56   Email Budog56   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a super kodiak 65# Ive got two squirrels and the coon in my avatar with it. Hope to get a turkey by end of spring and deer and other stuff by the end of the year
Posts: 499 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rxhntr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rxhntr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
here are my two bear bows. a 62" 40# longbow with a double shelf, and a 60" 60# kodiak hunter. The longbow was given to me along with another york recurve, and I bought the kodiak hunter for 100.00. I like both bows, although they are not my primary hunting bow.

-

Posts: 391 | From: Merced, CA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Uselding
Member # 11876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Uselding   Email Tom Uselding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In October of 1970 I had just returned to the USA from South VietNam. I was at Camp Pendleton getting discharged from the USMC. The last thing I did was go shopping at the exchange. I left with a 50# 56" Bear Grizzley. I think I paid $70 new at the time. I shot my first bow deer with that bow. I still have it and some other Bear bows but that one is special to me.

--------------------
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. Semper Fi - Tom

Posts: 28 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fredbear92
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8875

thats cool

--------------------

bjk
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bjk   Email bjk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On any given day this upcoming season I may take my 57, or 63 Kodiak's for a walk...just picked up a Cub for my wife/son and might try to find a heavier one or copy it...the old Bears are sweet!
Posts: 2093 | From: Nanuet, New York | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leon   Email leon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is my 11 year old.We went stump shooting.He uses a 45#  - kodiak mag.

--------------------
61# Acadian Woods Classic

58# Saxon American

Posts: 322 | From: White Mts of NH | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OconeeDan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OconeeDan   Email OconeeDan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zachary, the Kodiak Hunter is 50#, and was pretty much sticking the arrows through the other side of every fish I hit. Dan
Posts: 1925 | From: Lake Oconee, GA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©