Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Shooting is not for girls. (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Shooting is not for girls.
Aram
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aram   Email Aram   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a warning.
Next thing they'll want to drive a car... Sheeesh!!! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 662 | From: Accord, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Chatter Member 2014
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Careful, Aram...uppity women vote, too.

[bigsmyl]

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15214 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinecone
Contributor 2007
Member # 1931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinecone   Email Pinecone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you, Killie! Us uppity types can be found in the most "unconventional" of places...Board rooms, Senate floors, and yes, even Archery ranges [Big Grin] . Pretty cool...!

Claudia

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2260 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aram
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aram   Email Aram   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, I'm going to Baltimore this weekend. If I see any "girls" shooting I'll let you "guys" know. [Razz]
It will be good to see you again Killdeer. [campfire]
Good thread. Looks like it stirred lots of response. I agree with you, it is "self-limiting" and just really, really sad.
(But my agreeing with you doesn't count. I know better than to disagree. [Big Grin] )

P.S.Do I get voted back in now? Please?

Posts: 662 | From: Accord, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone Knife
Contributor 2014
Member # 10014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stone Knife   Email Stone Knife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

-

--------------------
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Posts: 6633 | From: silversprings ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larry
Contributor 2014
Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for larry   Email larry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how'd I miss this thread?

"shooting is not for girls" I agree 100%.
Killy, send me all of your bows. And while you're at it, send me all of your guns to. girls shouldn't play with such things [bigsmyl]

Posts: 3078 | From: martville ny | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Chatter Member 2014
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who's playing?

Aram, we voted you back in, but you can't use the ladies' room yet.

Killdeer [smileystooges]

--------------------

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15214 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone Knife
Contributor 2014
Member # 10014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stone Knife   Email Stone Knife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry my daughter is going to hurt you if I show her what you are posting [biglaugh]

--------------------
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Posts: 6633 | From: silversprings ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
countrygirl
Contributing member 2014 - Charter Member
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for countrygirl   Email countrygirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great thread Killie! I enjoyed reading it and also enjoyed watching Tarz' girls on the video. Wow...they have grown. In some ways I am a lot like Sarah. [Wink]

BTW...the surest way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't!

--------------------
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Posts: 3451 | From: Florida | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leon.R
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leon.R   Email Leon.R   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not shooting but flyfishing made her a custom rod and she loves it - only 4.
I started her bow and she keeps on hounding me for it.
 -

--------------------
Black Douglas 68#
Wing Gull 60#
Hoyt Havoc 80#
Coupla other wheelies.
If ya gonna be stupid, you better be tough!

Posts: 221 | From: South African in UK | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ber643
Contributor 2013
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ber643   Author's Homepage   Email ber643   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I posted on here the other day and, as I (too) often do anymore, I must have hit the "close" button instead of the "Add Reply" when I finished. I love the thread and after Baltimore and Hickory (next two weekends) I am gonna get back here for all these great Full Draw Pics and fill up the new Page 16 on my Traditional Bows Drawn pages of my web site.

I just last Friday found myself teaching a crash course in Trad shooting to the Lady Marine who is the ex-wife of another great Marine friend - so she could introduce her Colonel's Scout Troop to trad archery this past weekend. She was a good compound shooter (Her ex-husband bought her my old wheel bow when I quit that), and a natural athlete and shooter. We had a blast and she took to trad like a duck to water. She brought back the "stuff" I loaned her for the Scouts yeasterday and said it went great, she had a ball, the kids had a ball, the Col. was happy as a clam, he and the Kids sent thanks to me - and (GunnySgt) Sara is hooked on trad and is coming back for more shooting - wants to get a primitive bow now. She says, "... the more primitive the better - I'm not into it for the competition, I'm into it for the SHOOTING!" You go, girl! I'm delighted to help any that I can. She'll outshoot me in no time - just like her ex-husband did - LOL.

(Now let's see if I can find the "Add Reply" button - [archer] )

--------------------
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72
Disbanded Hubert Archers (Treasurer)
Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 19613 | From: S Coastal NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Chatter Member 2014
Member # 437

Good going, Bernie! Nice to see ol' Countrygirl pop her head in the door, too. I know all too well her scrappy nature, and do my best to stay on her good side. Besides, I'm scared of Tom.

I hope to get lots of good pics this weekend at Baltimore, though it looks like my camera is starting to fall prey to the vicissitudes of time and travel. I hope it doesn't crap out completely. I think I will bring my film camera as backup.

Archery lasts a lifetime.

-

Kathy

-

--------------------

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Gatekeeper
Contributor 2014
Member # 8366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gatekeeper   Email Gatekeeper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This should fit with this thread.

http://www.rhapsody.com/deanacarter/imjustagirl

NO DOUBT LYRICS

"Just A Girl"

Take this pink ribbon off my eyes
I'm exposed
And it's no big surprise
Don't you think I know
Exactly where I stand
This world is forcing me
To hold your hand
'Cause I'm just a girl, little 'ol me
Don't let me out of your sight
I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite
So don't let me have any rights

Oh...I've had it up to here!
The moment that I step outside
So many reasons
For me to run and hide
I can't do the little things I hold so dear
'Cause it's all those little things
That I fear

'Cause I'm just a girl I'd rather not be
'Cause they won't let me drive
Late at night I'm just a girl,
Guess I'm some kind of freak
'Cause they all sit and stare
With their eyes

I'm just a girl,
Take a good look at me
Just your typical prototype

Oh...am I making myself clear?
I'm just a girl
I'm just a girl in the world...
That's all that you'll let me be!
I'm just a girl, living in captivity
Your rule of thumb
Makes me worry some

I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?
What I've succumbed to Is making me numb
I'm just a girl, my apologies
What I've become is so burdensome
I'm just a girl, lucky me
Twiddle-dum there's no comparison

Oh...I've had it up to!
Oh...I've had it up to!!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Posts: 2388 | From: Camden Point, Missouri | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Krewson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Krewson   Email Eric Krewson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this cute picture on the Tn Classic thread. Reminded me of my granddaughter when she was young.

-

Posts: 3689 | From: Florence Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Chatter Member 2014
Member # 437

My good friend ApplePie took that pic, it sorta says it all. [thumbsup]

Killdeer [archer]

--------------------

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©