Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » The TradGang Bow...WOW (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The TradGang Bow...WOW
Tom Mussatto
Contributor 2011
Member # 444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Mussatto   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Mussatto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This past Thursday the UPS guy showed up with a long package. Couldn’t believe what was in the tube, a beautiful new Hill Wesley Special. 66", 60# @ 28", 5 bamboo lams under clear glass, what looks like a bocote riser, and some of the prettiest artwork I’ve seen on a bow. Even had my favorite playmates represented, a couple of fox squirrels. Nice touch Terry. [thumbsup]

Had planned to take it out for a spin Friday but at 9 AM a tornado hit Staunton 6 miles up the road and I spent Friday and Saturday doing video for insurance claims. My son lives in Staunton and got hit pretty hard also.

This morning was the day. Hill bows are made to hunt and rove with (translation: I can’t shoot groups on a target face) so we took a wander in the back forty. Yeah, I think I’ll keep this one around. Thanks Terry, and to whoever else was involved in this unexpected but much appreciated surprise.

TradGang Bow

--------------------
Tom Mussatto

Posts: 1308 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horatio1226
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horatio1226   Email horatio1226   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the Tradgang Bow?

--------------------
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Posts: 2380 | From: Coxsackie, NY | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone Knife
Contributor 2014
Member # 10014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stone Knife   Email Stone Knife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice bow [thumbsup] looks like you can hit good with it Tom.

--------------------
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Posts: 6636 | From: silversprings ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Chatter Member 2014
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That flick was fun to watch!!

Killdeer [bigsmyl]

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15214 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curveman
Contributor 2007
Member # 2572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curveman   Email Curveman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, nice job! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1982 | From: Chelmsford, MA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticguido
***unregistered***

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
great looking bow,,,It seemed like you had the Spirit of Howard Hill with You when shooting...

Terry, will this Bow be roving so to speak??? I mean is there a chance that some of the members get to try it? Just like the LDB...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah......that's Tom's bow...its all Tom's.

I'm very grateful for the work he did on The Bowhunters of TradGang.com DVD, so I felt it appropriate.

Tom...looks like you two are getting along quiet well together. [Wink]

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26198 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4runr
Contributor 2014
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice gesture Terry. Well deserved for a great video.

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

www.tradways.com
Cyber home of HILL COUNTRY BOWS

Posts: 7771 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bentpole
Contributor 2014
Member # 6180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentpole   Email bentpole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed the video. Looks like your enjoying your new friend . Congrats!
Posts: 7293 | From: pequannock n.j. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Mussatto
Contributor 2011
Member # 444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Mussatto   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Mussatto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Salvatore, this one’s staying close to home. Sorry if I confused anyone with the title of the thread.

Yeah Terry, we had a good day today. Thing about those Hills is that they are uncomplicated and easy to set up. Put a string on, set the brace somewhere in the vicinity of 6", and start flinging arrows. They all shoot good.

Yes, it was a very nice gesture. Terry should be shot for doing it but heh, I ain’t the one that’s going to do it. :-)

Beautiful bow that will get a lot of use over the years. Thanks again.

--------------------
Tom Mussatto

Posts: 1308 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heydeerman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heydeerman         Edit/Delete Post 
Good shootin Tom. Enjoyed the video.
Posts: 3461 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Mattson
SPONSOR
Member # 6887

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mattson   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mattson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[clapper]

--------------------
http://www.thetradshop.com

Posts: 1309 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robtattoo
Assoc. Sponsor
Member # 9039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robtattoo   Author's Homepage   Email robtattoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice video Tom & a lovely gesture from Terry. The bow's stunning & definately a perfect memento.
Good on the pair of you! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 5098 | From: Tullahoma, TN | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticshooter
Assoc. Sponsor
Member # 2000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticshooter   Email sticshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TOP OF THE LINE ALL THE WAY AROUND!CONGRATS.<><

--------------------
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp Stic."
TGMM

Posts: 9649 | From: Foot of the Cross! < WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie Lamb
Charter Member
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie Lamb   Email Charlie Lamb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a beauty and well deserved my friend! [Not Worthy]

--------------------
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Posts: 10559 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©