Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Walter builds a bow (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Walter builds a bow
LEOPARD
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LEOPARD   Author's Homepage   Email LEOPARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent stuff! Great job on the bow! [Wink] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Posts: 1522 | From: Zimbo in UK | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kurtbel5
Contributor 2014
Member # 12461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kurtbel5   Email kurtbel5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work Ted
Nice looking bow Walter
Kurt

Posts: 1225 | From: So Cal | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horseapple
Contributor 2014
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horseapple   Author's Homepage   Email horseapple   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent story Ted, not everyday that you can share knowledge with your elders, you done good, are you loosing some hair? [Smile] [Smile]

JD

Posts: 972 | From: Ada, OK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winterhawk1960
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winterhawk1960   Email Winterhawk1960   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too, hope that when I grow up I'm even slightly similar to Walter with his determination and persistance. In the mean-time, however, I will be perfectly happy being the kind of man that Ted is. My hats off to you sir.

Winterhawk1960

--------------------
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Posts: 1913 | From: Parkersburg, West Virginia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BONE
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BONE   Email BONE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank You,Ted. That was a great storey to start my day.--Bone
Posts: 263 | From: SHREVEPORT,LOUISIANA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticguido
***unregistered***

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Ted, Great Story.... I hope I can do that when I get that AGE. Like I have said in another Post... "This is what Tradgang is all about" Archers Helping Archers, either in shooting/form or building bows/arrows and everything in between.

Ted, Do you know that Spec's of His bow?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great story and a good move Ted. Looks like he built a great bow too.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com
www.dryadbows.com/helleknives/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/dryadbows?ref=ts
TRADGANG Sponsor since day 1

Posts: 8588 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whip
Contributor 2014
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice bow Walter! And great job Ted. The satisfaction you must have received from that job must be far more valuable than any payment you have ever received. Way to go! [clapper]

--------------------
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

Posts: 9586 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pappy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pappy   Email pappy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great story Ted,glad I didn't miss this one.
Dose the heart good.
Pappy

--------------------
TwinOaks founding member
Selfbows rule

Posts: 1578 | From: Nashville,Tn. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pine nut
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pine nut   Email pine nut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great story! God bless you both as you have blessed us, you by giving your time and knowledge and him by giving us his spirit, determination, and perseverance! Truly an inspiration in passing it on! Beautiful bow too!
Bill

Posts: 516 | From: Buford, Ga | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ted, You've always had a big heart...must be hard to keep it in your chest now! Great job both of you...Doc

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 7598 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Scifres
Associate Sponsor
Member # 946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Scifres   Author's Homepage   Email John Scifres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ted. That's what I call a buildalong!

I'm currently listening to Hemingway's "Old Man and the Sea" on CD to make it through my commute. It's interesting how this correlates [Smile]

Ted is Manolin and Walter is Santiago. Except Walter apparently gets to take his marlin home.

--------------------
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 6656 | From: Indiana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ted Fry
SPONSOR
Member # 386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ted Fry   Author's Homepage   Email Ted Fry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys , yes it was a gift to share the time with Walter and I too want to be like Walter when I grow up, 91 and still learning, what a guy.
Yes Joe Don loosing hair up top , but look at the ride I have had along the way Whew!
John , thats one of my favorite books, and about the only Hemingway I care to read over and over, funny as I get older and older the meaning of the story continues to change.
I am contacting Walter and Christina so that Walter may see the inspiration he is here. Hopefully he will chime in

--------------------
www.raptorarchery.com
Happy Hunting,
Ted

Posts: 1552 | From: www.raptorarchery.com | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joel smith
SPONSOR
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joel smith   Author's Homepage   Email joel smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a good story about two good men

I can never get enough of this kind of stuff, really takes the sting out of all the crap we see and hear daily

--------------------
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Posts: 3135 | From: zebulon, georgia | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amicus
Contributor 2014
Member # 12213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amicus   Email amicus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was great Ted, your good man.

Walter, thats a nice looking bow. I wish I could do that.

Thank you

Gilbert

--------------------
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Posts: 979 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©