Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Walter builds a bow (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Walter builds a bow
George Tsoukalas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 92

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Tsoukalas   Author's Homepage   Email George Tsoukalas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great story, Ted. Congratulations, Walter! Jawge
Posts: 4646 | From: NH | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bjorn
Contributor 2014
Member # 6694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bjorn   Email Bjorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job Walter you made Ted look good too!!
Posts: 9609 | From: Los Gatos, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traxx
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Traxx   Email Traxx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know,that is just one cool story,and just what i needed to read today.What an inspiration.I got absolutely no excuses anymore.Thanxx to both Walter and Ted for that Inspiration.

--------------------
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Posts: 1360 | From: Reno Nevada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ted Fry
SPONSOR
Member # 386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ted Fry   Author's Homepage   Email Ted Fry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bjorn , I will remember you said that next time you need me to taper some shafts.
[bigsmyl] Unfortunately you are right on, but I will still remember.

--------------------
www.raptorarchery.com
Happy Hunting,
Ted

Posts: 1550 | From: www.raptorarchery.com | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shawn Leonard   Email Shawn Leonard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice , not a dry eye in the house after reading this one!! Thankyou Walter! Shawn

--------------------
Shawn

Posts: 14118 | From: N.Y | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shakes.602
Contributor 2014
Member # 4176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shakes.602   Email Shakes.602   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GOD Bless The Both Of You Fine Gentlemen!! Life just doesnt get much better than this!! Had to wipe a tear or 4 Myself.

--------------------
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
LongBows Forever!!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow

Posts: 5453 | From: Crawfordsville, Indiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry Surtees
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry Surtees   Email Larry Surtees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Outstanding story and a Great Job to both!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2064 | From: Pensacola, Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy   Email Billy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank You, Walter for the inspiration, to never ever give up.
Thank You, Ted for encouraging the rest of us to be willing to teach.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Posts: 1294 | From: Kokomo,IN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BANNOCK-.PT
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BANNOCK-.PT   Email BANNOCK-.PT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What an inspiring story. Congrats on a fine looking bow walter.

--------------------
Live every day like it's your last and one day you'll be right!

Posts: 162 | From: Mountainville, N.Y | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joekeith
Contributor 2014
Member # 7856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joekeith   Email joekeith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[clapper] [clapper] [clapper] [clapper]
Posts: 2167 | From: Dittmer, Mo. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigRonHuntAlot
Contributor 2007
Member # 8731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigRonHuntAlot   Email BigRonHuntAlot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome!! Congrats Walter and Ted., both of you are winners. [thumbsup] [wavey]

--------------------
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Posts: 4499 | From: Jetersville, Amelia County Central Virginia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Chatter Member 2014
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go Walter Go! [clapper]
You may have learned how to make a bow, but you taught a lot of us something that takes a whole lot more heart.

Thanks, Ted, for sharing the story with us, I only wish it were longer, with more pictures. [Smile]
Killdeer [archer] [campfire] [wavey]

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15214 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razorsharptokill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razorsharptokill   Email razorsharptokill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope I have some one to get me to the shop when I'm 91! Awesome story! You are a good man.

--------------------
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. O.I.F. 2005 and 2007
Operation New Dawn 2011
Black Widow MAII 56 @ 28"
Various other hand made bows.

Posts: 3416 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christina
Member # 15753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christina   Email Christina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks again Ted
We are going out to Apple Valley in a few minutes for BBQ, then shootin practice.
I'll bring you shootin pics.
Walt has quite a style all his own.
Many Thanks
Christina and Walt

Posts: 3 | From: Hood River, Oregon | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Chatter Member 2014
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can hear the thwack of the arrows on the target from here!

Killdeer [bigsmyl]

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15214 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©