Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » PBS Banquet (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: PBS Banquet
GRAYBEARD
Contributor 2014
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRAYBEARD   Email GRAYBEARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAD A GOOD TIME WITH GOOD PEOPLE. IT WAS GOOD TO MEET TERRY AND SHAKE HANDS WITH 4RUNR AND TIPPIT AGAIN. JOEY B.s TURKEY SEMINAR WAS RIGHT AND A HOOT. HOLLY AKENSON DID A NICE JOB WTIH THE PHOTOG SEMINAR ALSO. I'LL BE GOING TO NASHVILLE!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Posts: 3706 | From: NARBERTH, PENNSYLVANIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LJOHNS
Member # 5124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LJOHNS   Email LJOHNS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree! What an awesome weekend. I live about 45 minuets west of Pittsburgh so when I saw that this event was so close to home I had to attened. I joined the PBS and bought my ticket to the banquet at the same time and I am so glad that I did. What a great bunch of folks to be around and to think that we all share such a deep love for bowhunting makes it even more special. If you have never been you should plan on the next one in 2010! I will be there for sure! It is an honor to be part of the PBS.

Thanks to all the folks who worked hard to put on such a fine event.

Posts: 63 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whip
Contributor 2014
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also was bad with the camera and didn't many pictures. But I did manage to get a few.

Various seminars ran throughout the convention. I messed up big time and missed out on Joey's turkey seminar, but it was the talk of the show on Saturday! Here Guy Perkins makes sticky buns for the crowd during his seminar on cast iron cooking.

-

The Mittens and the Wensels gave a behind the scenes look at the making of Primal Dreams.

-

Dennis, Dick, Joe, Terry, and Don had lunch on Saturday in the downtown Strip District.

-

The vendor room was always a popular gathering spot.

-

As has been mentioned, the quality and uniqueness of items donated for the auctions and raffles was absolutely amazing! Careful Jeff - that one could cost you a bundle!

-

--------------------
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

Posts: 9511 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whip
Contributor 2014
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you aren't already a member of PBS, you really should think about joining.

Virtually every Trad Gang member I have ever met is a perfect candidate. We live for bowhunting and traditional archery. We hang out on here so much because it is a way to connect with people who feel the same way and are just as passionate about it. And that really seems to be what PBS is all about as well.

Professional Bowhunters does not mean just people who work in the business. Rather, it is normal people like you and me who love the sport, are passionate and ethical about it, and love to socialize and interact with other people who feel the same way.

That sounds exactly like every Trad Ganger I ever met! If you would like an application send me or any other member an email or PM.

--------------------
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

Posts: 9511 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goose
Contributor 2007
Member # 2884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goose   Email Goose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice post Joe, couldn't have said it better!
Steve

--------------------
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Posts: 827 | From: Wooster, Ohio | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Denbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Denbow   Email Jack Denbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a blast even though I was the brunt of a "joke", I knew it was all in fun and even helped raise a few bucks for PBS. It is great to see old friends and meet old ones. I can't wait till the next one. Senior Councilman Bob Seltzer and I were talking on the way home about plans for Nashville. If you are not a member of PBS you are missing out on some good times.
Jack

--------------------
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Posts: 1467 | From: Nowhere, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack...what joke???

You are a world famous bowhunter..............now [Big Grin]

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26135 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Gene, she's blind as a bat. When folks give me the usuall strange look when I'm standing next to her, I just tell them I'm her body guard before they say anything and that gets the tension out of the air. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26135 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojac
SPONSOR
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kojac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was my first also and I ditto everything stated above. I did see Joey do his seminar and I strongly recommend any bowhunting org. to put him on your list of seminar speakers [thumbsup]

I missed the tradgang lunch [banghead] but I did get to meet a few.

I must have something wrong with my computer, correct me if I'm wrong, go back and look at the picture Terry posted with Gene and Barry beside his wife.

Does Barry have a Halo over his head? I know I'm seeing things. [jumper]

Thank You PBS!

--------------------
Brian

"Hunting...is about the Sights, Sounds, Smells, and the Hunted...All the hunter has to do is show up"
http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=48;t=001324

Posts: 1001 | From: Somewhere in Montana | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rabbitman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rabbitman   Email rabbitman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great weekend it was. Thanks to all the PBS officers and members who spent many months working to make this event a hugh success. It was great seeing old friends and making new ones. Tradgang was well represented as you can see from all the previous posts...and Whip is right on....Tradgang and PBS go together very well. Whip...I'll buy you that beer I owe at Nashville in two years. [thumbsup]
Posts: 2446 | From: Beavercreek, Ohio | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vermonster13
SPONSOR
Member # 8675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vermonster13   Email vermonster13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those would be Barry's glasses. lol

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Posts: 21791 | From: Rutland, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Denbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Denbow   Email Jack Denbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry I told my wife about all the things Blake was doing to me, I was looking for a little sympathy, but all I got was laughter. I still can't wipe the grin of my face.
Jack

--------------------
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Posts: 1467 | From: Nowhere, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg in Delton MI
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6344

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Greg in Delton MI   Email Greg in Delton MI       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack, you are a true gentleman, whether you like it or not, you are one of the great ones, your years in the field with stick and string have earned you the respect of us all.

When I grow up 8^), I hope I will have done as well as you have.

Thank you all who attended [clapper] , the lack of sleep and need for a vacation after the vacation to catch up on rest is all worth it after all the smiling faces and compliments.

PBS Councilman
Greg Darling

--------------------
Greg

Long as I can pull this bow
Long as I can hike the hills and walk among the trees
I keep on trying
My goals are high but I don't care
The fun is in the getting there, it justifies the end
So try, try again

Mark Baker, "Feathers thru the Wind"

Posts: 298 | From: W Michigan | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick McGowan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick McGowan   Email Rick McGowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once again it takes FOREVER for the two years to go by and the weekend goes by in a blur. Its a shame I only get to see most of these guys for those couple days and am lucky if I even get to talk to them at all during the weekend! I never got to talk to Gene and Barry at all, until the airport, when they were "taking out undesireables" and pointing at me? I did see Terry briefly! As was said, Joebuck did an outstanding job, there is always one that wants to make everyone else look bad! Monty and the twins did awesome as the speakers(as usual). The officers and the crew in Pitts, did an awesome job, I have an idea about how much effort is involved and it is monumental. There are always things that can be done better and several of us, discussed that, we have talked about putting a banquet manual together, so all the details don't get forgotten or misplaced each time and I am going to push for that to get done, this time! I would have liked to seen a bigger vendors area myself and more vendors. One comment that stood out was that from the shuttle driver taking us back to the airport, he said, "I have never seen a group here that hugged each other so much"! I am looking forward to seeing everyone in Nashville and no doubt there will be a strong need for volunteers there, so think about helping out and if you have suggestions to improve, add or change things, be sure to pass them along. I personally want to thank, Russell, Krista, Don D, Don B and Ethan for working on the 2010 banquet site committee, Nashville will be awesome!
Posts: 1390 | From: GEORGIA, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Herdbull
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herdbull   Email Herdbull   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PBS was so much fun this year. As a vender, we have a great opportunity to meet nearly everyone. Others may want to consider that benefit for the next banquet and sign up for a table or booth. The committee did a great job.

Terry Green and his wife are a fine example of southern charm and hospitality. Very refreshing.

Thank you to everyone. Mike

Posts: 1371 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©