Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION LISTING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » PBS Banquet (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   
Author Topic: PBS Banquet
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dang you guys are just making me feel worse for not making it [Wink] Glad it was another great event and thanks Steve for helping support PBS, hope that knife gives you years of faithful service.

Doug

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 7742 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gator1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So,

Who were the lucky raffle winners????

Posts: 4137 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg in Delton MI
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg in Delton MI   Email Greg in Delton MI       Edit/Delete Post 
Just want to take a moment to tho recognize the ground crew from PA, Rod Bear, Mike Ruperto and their crew made this event the sucess that it was, without the assistance of these guys and gals, I would not want to venture a guess at how it would have gone.

The hotel staff was beyond helpful and the most polite I have ever worked with, no request was ever treated like anything but a priority and responded to with a smile.

But most of all you who attended made it the true sucess it was.

Thank you all

Greg

--------------------
Greg

Long as I can pull this bow
Long as I can hike the hills and walk among the trees
I keep on trying
My goals are high but I don't care
The fun is in the getting there, it justifies the end
So try, try again

Mark Baker, "Feathers thru the Wind"

Posts: 298 | From: W Michigan | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick McGowan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick McGowan   Email Rick McGowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to give everyone an idea on what is involved in making these functions go smoothly, Rod Bear told me that he had been to that hotel EVERY week for the last six months! The preparations for 2010 have already been going on for more than a year AND there has been some discussion about the next two banquets after that!
Posts: 1390 | From: GEORGIA, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aromakr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aromakr   Email aromakr       Edit/Delete Post 
This was probably the most depressing weekend I've spent in many a year !!!! I MISSED GATHERING FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE LAKE OF THE OSARKS!!! I glad you all had such a great time. My wife and I were pretty droopy around here all weekend. She did talk to some of the gals at the ladies auction though and that helped her get through it.
Bob

--------------------
Man must "believe" in something! I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Posts: 1357 | From: Hamilton, Mt. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Sanders
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Sanders   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Sanders   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first time I attended a PBS Banquet was here in Baltimore and I only went the one Saturday night, but this time I was there for the whole 4 days. Man what an awesome time I had and too be able to rub shoulders with a bunch of fine folks. I really had a great time. And it also made me to realize the amount of work to pull something like this off. Commendations go to all the hard workers that made this gathering possible. I am already looking forward to Nashville, and my wife wants to go with me to nashville after I told her of the great time I had. Makes me proud to be a PBS member. Thanks to all.

Tony Sanders/aka"SNUFFER"

Posts: 526 | From: Shady Side, MD | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg in Delton MI
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg in Delton MI   Email Greg in Delton MI       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, we missed you! It was the best of the 7 I have attended. Give Marilyn a hug and a kiss for me.

Thanks for all your help and donations from Montana

NASHVILLE 2010!!!

More details to come.

--------------------
Greg

I keep on trying
So try, try again

Posts: 298 | From: W Michigan | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg in Delton MI
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6344

Tony, I am disapointed I didn't get to meet you in person, I saw you but never got the time to catch up to you, let's make sure that does not happen in Nashville.

--------------------
Greg

I keep on trying
So try, try again

Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It should also be mentioned the Thursday night BBQ was a great addition to the weekend's festivities. Many of you may have missed it. I hope to see the BBQ at future gatherings. The relaxed atmosphere was perfect for catching up and meeting new people. Also a special thank you, at-a-boy, and pat on the back to Rodger Rutz for the fine music. He was a one man show that lacked nothing. Thank You Rodger

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 897 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Sample
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Sample   Email Jeff Sample   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My 3rd Gathering, wife's 2nd, and my son Connor's (19 months) 1st of what hopefully will be many (he was the little blond boy in camo pants running all over the hotel). What a great time, old friends, new friends, and it was really nice to be able to drive to one of these for a change! I think I blew a major blood vessel in my brain laughing so hard at Uncle Gene's telling of how he met the Dwarf!!! [biglaugh]

--------------------
Jeff
Give me oysters and beer, for dinner every day of the year and I'll feel fine – Jimmy Buffett

Posts: 261 | From: Hershey, PA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iron/Mtn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3426

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iron/Mtn   Author's Homepage   Email Iron/Mtn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once every two years the good lord puts some of the best people on earth in the same spot. This time it was Pittsburg.

I have been fortunate to have attended all the banquet/conventions since the first one and each is great in some unique way, but this one seemed to return us to our roots and core of what the PBS is all about.

The council, quest speakers (Gene,Barry,Monty excellent job), seminars, hotel staff and mostly the membership was fantastic.

The expansion of the thursday events and BBQ was terrific and one that I hope continues.

It was nice to not think about anything but what was going on for those four days..... Hopefully I will be around to make 12 more.

A special thanks to all those who donate their time, crafts,hunts and talents to make this one great event.

Until we meet again, keep the wind in your face and the PBS in your heart.

For those that may be on the fence about joining give it a try for a year or two and I think you'll be around for a long time.

--------------------
Like your Freedom.....Thank a VET.

Posts: 120 | From: NJ | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wary Buck
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wary Buck   Email Wary Buck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have already turned in my resignation for track coaching so hopefully I can finally be in attendance at the next PBS Banquet. It breaks my heart that I've developed some close internet and snail mail relationships with PBS members, but have not been able to attend due to my job.

I've talked to Gene Wensel and he gave a very glowing report on the weekend. I must thank Gene and Barry for offering to bring along, and those in attendance for cleaning out, the supply of my new books I sent. I will have a 1/4-page ad in the next PBS newsletter to help support the organization and offer a chance for others to order, but wanted to thank those of you now for your support of my endeavor.

Always proud to be a PBS member.
Bryce Lambley

--------------------
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Posts: 732 | From: Fremont, Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Sanders
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Sanders   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Sanders   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Greg. I also had hoped to meet you as well and shake you hand and chat a bit. I had 2 PBS Members that I had never met walked up to me and introduce them selves. They were Mark Veghwig(not sure if spelling of Mark's last name is correct) and Kevin Bahr, man that made me feel good. Again I had a grand time, and it was also good to see a good number of fellow TBM members from Marylnad that attended. To Nashville it will be.

Tony

Posts: 526 | From: Shady Side, MD | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hogdancer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hogdancer   Email hogdancer       Edit/Delete Post 
Bryce, Gene and barry wer'nt even set up all the way when I got my copy of your book and have really been enjoying it, you did a great job. Thanks.
I think in Nashville that the Tradgang members should find someway of putting their Tradgang handle near their nametag I hate to think of all the people I missed out on talking too.

--------------------
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1549 | From: Oxford Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg in Delton MI
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6344

Well, Tony you should have knocked me off the podium during the auction! Ha!

Next time my friend.

Greg

--------------------
Greg

I keep on trying
So try, try again

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©