Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION LISTING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » PBS Banquet (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: PBS Banquet
Jeff Holchin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Holchin   Email Jeff Holchin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a great weekend and perhaps recruited a new PBS member by having him attend the saturday night dinner as my guest. Another PBS friend joined me there for his first banquet and kept saying "wow"....I especially liked the bowhunting photos on display and the PowerPoint presentation of member photos on Saturday night during the meal. Looking around the crowded room both nights, I was honored to be part of this group of serious bowhunters. Congratulations PBS council on a job well done. Can't wait for Nashville!

--------------------
"He has also made me as a select arrow, He has hidden me in His quiver." - Isaiah 49:2

Posts: 781 | From: Hickory, NC | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biggie Hoffman
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biggie Hoffman   Email Biggie Hoffman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't add much to what's been said but I kinda teared up too when I had to leave my "brothers"
Bought some memorabilia for the den and got allot of hugs and handshakes.

A Big Thanks to council...being involved in a few of these myself, I know how much time and effort is involved in pulling something like this off.

As always, the only regret was I didn't get to spend time with EVERYONE there!

--------------------
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Posts: 4451 | From: Gray, Ga. 31032 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nook
Contributor 2014
Member # 1045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nook   Email Nook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PBS Banquet notes to Self:

1.) Attend all furture banquets.... Well done Guys!!! Can't wait for Nashville in 2010...

2.) For next banquet try to prepare for new mental images of:

Paul Brunner having to drag out a squirrel.

Monty Browning looking for uncle Gene's off switch.

Uncle Barry's got a new tail....

JoeBuck doing the turkey trot. (If I see that comming at me in the woods I won't be able to call....)

3.) Prepare to be teased with new footage from the next Wensel-Mitten video... 2009 Hopefully

4.) Bring shooting glove, armguard and arrows for demo bows...

5.) Definitely bring wife again. She now has new freinds.... And I got smiled at alot after the ladies lunchen....

6.) More Cash for the auction items....... What a great way to donate to the club by getting great things that make me happy.... (I came away with Gene's framed Woody donation... Sweet... Now I have my own woody..... Er.. Print...)
[bigsmyl]

AND a special shout out and Thanks to Duane Meanes (Forester). He went above the call of duty with his help on the bow auction items. That man worked his tail off. Thanx again Buddy.

To everyone... Make plans for the Nashville banquet. It will do your mental health and heart good.

Jeff Harper

--------------------
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope

Posts: 864 | From: Charlottesville, Va | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IB
Contributor 2010
Member # 7360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IB         Edit/Delete Post 
Those are 2 Distinguished Lookin Gentle-men in that photo don't ya think?

Don't dare speak of that Young Lovely, that might be Fightin Words. I knows her BODY guard [goldtooth]

Thanks for this post Gentlemen...Perhaps one day.

To whom did Walter's Bow go to ??

Posts: 2981 | From: Somewhere over the Rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goose
Contributor 2007
Member # 2884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goose   Email Goose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Monty Browning looking for uncle Gene's off switch."

OK, I heard that also. It's Monday and I am still rolling on the floor laughing about that. Had to file that remark away for future use. Not sure I can deliver it as well as Monty did, but will try.
Goose

--------------------
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Posts: 827 | From: Wooster, Ohio | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joebuck
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joebuck   Email joebuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys for the kind words. It was really special for me to stand up in front of my peers and talk about my passion bowhunting turkeys. Especially when the audience was supported with most of my very close bowhunting friends that have supported me from the start.

The first thing I did when I got home was do the Wensel turkey call trick to my boys. ( my wife loved the Wensels)

These banquets can't be described but they just have to be attended.

--------------------
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Posts: 2051 | From: Oxford Ms 38655 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biggie Hoffman
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biggie Hoffman   Email Biggie Hoffman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joebuck, the turkey trot was priceless and the swingin beard, well I know it's gonna cost me a bird one day cause when I see one coming at me like that, I'm gonna remember that silly skit and BUST OUT LAUGHING! Probably spill my coffee too :-)

--------------------
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Posts: 4451 | From: Gray, Ga. 31032 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaz
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaz   Email Jaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I stopped down at the Banquet to look at the vendor booths and was blown away. I got to meet all of my bowhunting heroes. They were just walking around like you and me..wait...they ARE just like you and me!I've been reading their articles since I was in high school.
I remember reading a PBS member profile where someone stated that when they got involved with the PBS that they finally felt like they "belonged." I completely understand what they were talking about now.
The members of the PBS have this unexplainable yearning for spending time in the wild; a time of true freedom. A feeling that has been with me since I can remember...a feeling that others finally understand!
So thanks to everyone for your autographs and conversation. Thank you, Mike Mitten, for the photo. It is framed and sitting in my taxidermy display room. That made my day!
God bless,
Eric

[ March 31, 2008, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Jaz ]

Posts: 187 | From: Western PA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sure hope to go to my first in 2 years.....

How did the pheasant hunt go?

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 16831 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marty   Email Marty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Biggie, That wasn't a silly skit. You KNOW how serious Joey is about those dang birds. Next thing you know, he'll be up there on Saturday Nite!!. We knew him when. Good job Joey.

Also special thanks to Greg and all who worked their tails off for the rest of us to enjoy the weekend. Thanks!

ps, Biggie raised that bid card so many times, his elbow is gonna be sore!

Posts: 857 | From: florida | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fletcher
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fletcher   Email Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not much that I can add, except to say that you guys aren't exaggerating even a little bit. My thanks and congratulations go out to the PBS Council, the PA Longbow crew, the many spouses of both, and the multitude of other behind the scenes workers that pulled this weekend together. You all did a terrific job. I'm excited about going to Nashville and already thinking about what arrows to make.

Another Proud PBS Member

--------------------
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

When it comes to shooting well, the arrow is more important than the bow.

Posts: 4783 | From: Rochester, IL | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BANNOCK-.PT
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BANNOCK-.PT   Email BANNOCK-.PT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot recall ever being in a room with as many great people as at the banquet. Being new to PBS I thought I might feel like an outsider , especially since I was attending alone. However, that was not the case. It is a hotel full of people who share the same values, and love of the outdoors and all things wild. Gene and barry did an outstanding job. Their Primal Dreams segment along with the Mitten brothers was tops for me, and then their speech, lets just say my stomach still hurts from laughing. Monty Browning did an exceptional job as well. You just had to hear the stories ,truly hysterical. Thanks to everyone in the PBS who worked so hard to bring us a great event. My only regret now is that it will be a long two years before I see the friends that I made at my first pbs banquet in Pittsburgh. What a great trip!

--------------------
Live every day like it's your last and one day you'll be right!

Posts: 162 | From: Mountainville, N.Y | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Brickel
Contributor 2014
Member # 3837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Brickel   Email Todd Brickel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was my first PBS gathering, and it was very, very special. What a great group of people, what a great organization. I'll be a member for life.

Todd

Posts: 118 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Baker
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Baker   Email Mark Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really sorry I had to miss it, but thanks to the council and all who attended and supported our fine organization. Good job guys and gals!

--------------------
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope. I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Posts: 2004 | From: Livingston, Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Bahr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Bahr   Email Kevin Bahr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On behalf of the PBS Council, thank you for all of the kind words and suggestions for the next banquet. No doubt we will be calling on some of you again in the not too distant future. I must admit, I'm a bit tired, but glad everyone had such a good time. I would definitely be remiss if I didn't thank Rod Bear and Mike Ruperto. These two fine PBS gentlemen are the glue that held the entire event, top to bottom, together. I counted on these guys day in and day out for literally months and was never disappointed. Thank you Mike and Rod!
There was a huge cast of help in the background that took much of the load off the Council and I won't name them all here as I don't want to forget anyone.
I regret that I didn't get to talk to each of the attendees but it seems like I met a bunch of new friends. Didn't even get to poke my head into one of the seminars, only made it to the dealer room briefly and seems like we wore a rut in the carpet from the banquet rooms to the board room over the course of the few days in Pittsburgh.
With that being said, and still recovering, I can't wait until Nashville in 2010. I hope you all and more can join us once again for a great long weekend of fellowship and fraternalism that IS the PBS!
And Mark, you won't be so thankful when you find out who was the high bidder on the elk hunt you so generously donated... [bigsmyl]

Posts: 1223 | From: Morton, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©