Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION LISTING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » PBS Banquet (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: PBS Banquet
Whip
SPONSOR
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1st your underpants, and now this! [Eek!] [Eek!]

A guys sure got to hang on tight around here - never know what direction a thread is going to turn next! [scared]

--------------------
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

Posts: 9347 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick McGowan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick McGowan   Email Rick McGowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, where is that Mai Tai blender, when I need it?
Posts: 1390 | From: GEORGIA, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Holchin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Holchin   Email Jeff Holchin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did anybody else think that auctioneer was pretty funny? My buddies and I were laughing at his comments during the auction and on the way home that night.

His best line was when the Utah guy was describing how they use beets or something like that to keep the deer regular, and he said "I would have thought you'd use prunes to keep them regular"......

--------------------
"He has also made me as a select arrow, He has hidden me in His quiver." - Isaiah 49:2

Posts: 781 | From: Hickory, NC | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IndianaBowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IndianaBowman   Email IndianaBowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He seemed to be a pretty good judge of character as well. Notice how he quickly distanced himself from the Wensels!
Posts: 1395 | From: Kinderhook, NY | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick McGowan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick McGowan   Email Rick McGowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, he was a pretty cool guy, he was on the same flight I was on, on the way home, so I talked to him at the airport some, surprisingly he lives in NC, you'd have thought there was a local auctioneer up PA way somewheres.
Posts: 1390 | From: GEORGIA, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BANNOCK-.PT
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BANNOCK-.PT   Email BANNOCK-.PT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He had our table ctacking up. Super witty.

--------------------
Live every day like it's your last and one day you'll be right!

Posts: 162 | From: Mountainville, N.Y | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forester
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forester   Author's Homepage   Email Forester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw him headed towards the Ladies Luncheon Auction. I stopped him and said "Don't be scared, you can handle it...Whatever happens just keep calm." He looked at me without missing a beat and replied "Whatever noises you here from behind that door....Don't open it we'll be havin' fun...." Then he smiled and continued on.

--------------------
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Posts: 673 | From: Sinking Creek, VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyfish1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flyfish1   Email flyfish1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
very nice to be among others passionate about the same thing. I would like to thank someone, and forgive me for forgetting your first name. It was Mrs. Hoffman, Biggies wife. She was at the check-in table. I never saw her without a smile and I think she was at the table way more than not,but everytime we went by she spoke to us and was especially concerned that the kids were having fun. When leaving she made sure to invite us to the next banquet in her neck of the woods. Thanks so much and a real pleasure to have met you.

Ron, Crystal, Rachelle and Tristan Albert

--------------------
Ron A

"When the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice,for we are hunters and we want our freedom"
~Sitting Bull

Posts: 484 | From: Harrisville,Pa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biggie Hoffman
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biggie Hoffman   Email Biggie Hoffman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ron, her name is Jill and I'll be sure she sees your post :-)
Now...about Nashville???????

--------------------
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Posts: 4451 | From: Gray, Ga. 31032 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to come in so late on this post, I just got back from Aiken, SC....having gone straight there from the Banquet. This was my first banquet and I had a ball! It was like meeting the Who's Who of bowhunting but everyone I met was just a regular person. I won't be left out on any other banquets. Just wanted to thank everyone for such a grand time...tippit

Here's Terry with Matt Schuster having won some arrows for his daughters.

-

I couldn't resist taking a picture of Doug's knife (my caper is under it for size comparison...maybe a knock-off copy in the works!!) Just plain beautiful and won by a supper guy...Steve Gossage!

-

The Mitten & Wensel brothers who pass up animals I can only dream about! But who will sit and have a beer with you just like any other bowhunting friend.

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 7406 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyfish1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flyfish1   Email flyfish1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Biggie,
They say behind every successful man is a great wife... now I know why you are so famous!;^)Planning on Nashville Lord willing. A long ways off, but show some pics when you go on the mulie hunt. Good meeting you too. Ron and family

--------------------
Ron A

"When the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice,for we are hunters and we want our freedom"
~Sitting Bull

Posts: 484 | From: Harrisville,Pa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Kissner
Contributor 2014
Member # 1258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Kissner   Email Bill Kissner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed being there also. Got to sit with Tippet at the Friday night auction and met several others from the Trad Gang.

The funniest story I heard was the one Gene told about the first time he met Paul Brunner! Paul said " I'm not happy!" Gene then said "well, which one are you?" [smileystooges]

--------------------
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Posts: 1033 | From: Wayne City,IL/Mancos,CO | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Bahr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Bahr   Email Kevin Bahr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Biggie, John V., Gene and Barry, etc. and anyone else that has served on the PBS Council in the past know, it's still two years out and we are already in the midst of working on the next banquet...participated in a conference call yesterday about it with Councilman Greg Darling at the hotel in Nashville and we will be getting the last minor kinks worked out and contract signed tomorrow hopefully.
We will be soliciting MEMBER input for seminars, guest speakers, etc. so please, let us know. We are here to serve YOU, the members of PBS. All pertinent contact info is in the PBS magazine. Let us hear from you!

Posts: 1223 | From: Morton, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fletcher
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fletcher   Email Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, I'm happy to hear that you are on the team for the Nashville Banquet as you did a super job with Pittsburgh. From where I was watching, the Pitts Banquet went VERY well. [clapper]
I'll e-mail a few ideas.

--------------------
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

When it comes to shooting well, the arrow is more important than the bow.

Posts: 4775 | From: Rochester, IL | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Bahr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Bahr   Email Kevin Bahr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rick. I appreciate the kind words, and the ideas!
Posts: 1223 | From: Morton, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©