Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » huntin camps?? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: huntin camps??
Kirkll
SPONSOR
Member # 11471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kirkll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oregon Hunting camps can give you the blues sometimes.....These tarps are very popular...

-

-

-

--------------------
www.BigFootBows.com
https://www.facebook.com/bowbuildingstuff?ref=bookmarks

Posts: 3079 | From: Mulino Oregon | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smilingg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smilingg         Edit/Delete Post 
It took my buddies and me about 25 years to get it right. Here it is:

-

Posts: 246 | From: Virginia | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smilingg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1895

By the way, that is a Super Shrew Gold on top of the couch in the previous photo...

Here is another view of the cabin. That old wood stove in the corner will heat the place into the 80 degree range and about drive you out into the cold. We do have electricity for refrigerator, stove and light...

-

Posts: 246 | From: Virginia | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smilingg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1895

Here's the front door. I forgot to mention that we have satellite TV and a fan...

There are 2 bedrooms upstairs that sleep 6...

-

[ December 27, 2007, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Smilingg ]

Smilingg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1895

We have a deck that we practice shooting off of. You can see my 3-D deer target about 15 yards from the deck near the storage shed. We keep our treestands, etc. in there.

Below the deck there are 2 sets of winches and gambrels for hanging game. You can't see it in this photo, but we also scrounged up a 14 foot long, 3 foot wide aluminum table for butchering game. A restaurant went out of business and liquidated some of its equiment.

-

varmint
Contributor 2011
Member # 9137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for varmint   Email varmint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!!

I could live there full time....

--------------------
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Posts: 1073 | From: Holly Hill,SC | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John C Keith
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John C Keith   Email John C Keith       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures guys.

Mr. LaClair I admired your camp on your website awhile ago. The location alone is worth gold. Not to mention the history and quality.

George I also love your camp. Looks nicer that my house! I would like to have a camp like either of yours, somewhere I can take friends and family to relax, not just hunt.

Matt Fowler your camp is very unique. I will be sending a PM shortly inquiring about it.

Thanks all and keep them coming. Helps me dream more and more!

Stay safe!

--------------------
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters

Its not about the weapon used, its about the adventure involved.

Posts: 362 | From: Plainwell, MI | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbeard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbeard   Email Longbeard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the process of buying my camp right now. 1.1 acres of land w/a 10x48 house trailer currently on it in the middle of 60,000 acres of timber company land in Randolph County WV. After we pay for what's already there, we'll have 5K right off the top to start work on our own cabin so we can get rid of the trailer. Can't wait till it's all settled.
Posts: 251 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt Fowler
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Fowler   Email Matt Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Special Hunter's Cabin Door Handle

-

-

Posts: 256 | From: PA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doctari
Contributor 2012
Member # 8709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doctari   Email doctari   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Deer and Elk camp in Montana

--------------------
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men." Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Posts: 368 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doctari
Contributor 2012
Member # 8709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doctari   Email doctari   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

It got down in the single digit's most night's. Nothing like a warm fire,good book, and some cabernet. I was solo for two weeks. Seen alot of game and brought home many fine memories. Mark

--------------------
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men." Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Posts: 368 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horatio1226
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horatio1226   Email horatio1226   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm assuming that trad does not apply to hunting camps! I gotta get me one o' them.

--------------------
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Posts: 2380 | From: Coxsackie, NY | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Migra Bill
Contributor 2012
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Migra Bill         Edit/Delete Post 
Lot's of people own this one. It's my little slice of heaven on the Maryland/West Virginia border. When I am in the truck and I even turn down the road to the cabin - I get warm all over.

-

-

-

-

Posts: 1284 | From: Sykesville, Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC   Email LC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Hopefully this pic comes thru. Simple but works for me

--------------------
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Posts: 1042 | From: Morgantown, WV | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC   Email LC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't sure if the picture would come through. But it's a homemade wall tent made out of over the counter tarps complete with a wood burner! Can have it smoking hot in there in no time. Thats a homemade recurve and used a homemade knife to skin and butcher that particular deer.Do my own taxidermy also. Now if I could just make a homemade tree stand that equals the LW!

--------------------
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Posts: 1042 | From: Morgantown, WV | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©