Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Single Bevel Damascus (finished) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Single Bevel Damascus (finished)
tippit
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2015
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Quebec Bear Quest 08 silver bullet for spring bears. I didn't etch it as it came out with a nice suttle appearance. It has a 25 degree edge and finished at the weight I normally shoot...225gr. Now I just need to get going on a beautiful Osage character stave John Scifres sold me...got til end of June to complete my hunting attire. Doc

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 7777 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Man 25
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trad Man 25   Email Trad Man 25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BEAutifull,, would love to see is Mounted on a shaft,,

James

Posts: 197 | From: Joensuu, Finland / York , England / Prince George, British Columbia , Canada | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy   Email Billy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DANG that's sweet...a Scifres stave in the hands of an artist...can't wait to see the rest of the set up....Nice job Tippit, as usual.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Posts: 1295 | From: Kokomo,IN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vermonster13
SPONSOR
Member # 8675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vermonster13   Email vermonster13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The bears would stay in the dens until July if they had internet access Doc.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Posts: 21854 | From: Rutland, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trinity Outfitters
SPONSOR
Member # 863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trinity Outfitters   Author's Homepage   Email Trinity Outfitters   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome work, as always, Doc!

--------------------
"I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10

Posts: 616 | From: Austin, Tx | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whip
Contributor 2015
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful! That will sure get the job done on a blackie. What kind of arrow is going to guide it?

--------------------
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Posts: 9882 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whip, It will be a wood arrow now that Woody has shown me be how to mount them. With an Osage selfbow, just one step up the evolutionary path from last years stone point [Wink] Doc

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 7777 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Member # 1030

Well maybe 2 steps since it is Damascus [Big Grin]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Dr. Ed Ashby
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dr. Ed Ashby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is GORGEOUS!

Ed
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1027 | From: South Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
COOL!! Should be weight forward arra,huh?

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Posts: 9595 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Member # 1030

Dr Ashby, I never would have thought to do this without All your dedication and hard work! Thank you...Doc

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

tippit
Member # 1030

kennym, I normally shoot 200-235 grain up front. I'll have to see how it flyes. But for Bears, they will usually be close and drop off shouldn't be a big problem. The extra punch should be worth it.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

brettlandon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brettlandon   Email brettlandon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Doc! I'm sure any bear would be proud to succumb to that tip. Great work as usual.

-Brett

--------------------
Excellence is achieved, not purchased.

Posts: 431 | From: Minburn, Iowa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayoulongbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoulongbowman   Email bayoulongbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeffery, very good buddy, Im pulling for ya !!!!Marco#78

--------------------
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had better be right!"

Posts: 12170 | From: Baton Rouge , La. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Jeffer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Jeffer   Email Jerry Jeffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a nice looking head. I've always liked the look of Damascus.

--------------------
Because you and I exist, God is.

Posts: 3791 | From: Stroud Township ,PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©