Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Single Bevel Damascus (finished) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Single Bevel Damascus (finished)
tippit
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Quebec Bear Quest 08 silver bullet for spring bears. I didn't etch it as it came out with a nice suttle appearance. It has a 25 degree edge and finished at the weight I normally shoot...225gr. Now I just need to get going on a beautiful Osage character stave John Scifres sold me...got til end of June to complete my hunting attire. Doc

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 7538 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Man 25
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trad Man 25   Email Trad Man 25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BEAutifull,, would love to see is Mounted on a shaft,,

James

Posts: 197 | From: Joensuu, Finland / York , England / Prince George, British Columbia , Canada | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy   Email Billy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DANG that's sweet...a Scifres stave in the hands of an artist...can't wait to see the rest of the set up....Nice job Tippit, as usual.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Posts: 1293 | From: Kokomo,IN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vermonster13
SPONSOR
Member # 8675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vermonster13   Email vermonster13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The bears would stay in the dens until July if they had internet access Doc.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Posts: 21791 | From: Rutland, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trinity Outfitters
SPONSOR
Member # 863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trinity Outfitters   Author's Homepage   Email Trinity Outfitters   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome work, as always, Doc!

--------------------
"I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10

Posts: 613 | From: Austin, Tx | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whip
Contributor 2014
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful! That will sure get the job done on a blackie. What kind of arrow is going to guide it?

--------------------
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

Posts: 9491 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whip, It will be a wood arrow now that Woody has shown me be how to mount them. With an Osage selfbow, just one step up the evolutionary path from last years stone point [Wink] Doc

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 7538 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1030

Well maybe 2 steps since it is Damascus [Big Grin]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Dr. Ed Ashby
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dr. Ed Ashby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is GORGEOUS!

Ed
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1026 | From: South Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
COOL!! Should be weight forward arra,huh?

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Posts: 8788 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1030

Dr Ashby, I never would have thought to do this without All your dedication and hard work! Thank you...Doc

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

tippit
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1030

kennym, I normally shoot 200-235 grain up front. I'll have to see how it flyes. But for Bears, they will usually be close and drop off shouldn't be a big problem. The extra punch should be worth it.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

brettlandon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brettlandon   Email brettlandon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Doc! I'm sure any bear would be proud to succumb to that tip. Great work as usual.

-Brett

--------------------
Excellence is achieved, not purchased.

Posts: 431 | From: Minburn, Iowa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayoulongbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoulongbowman   Email bayoulongbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeffery, very good buddy, Im pulling for ya !!!!Marco#78

--------------------
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had better be right!"

Posts: 12162 | From: Baton Rouge , La. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Jeffer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Jeffer   Author's Homepage   Email Jerry Jeffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a nice looking head. I've always liked the look of Damascus.

--------------------
I see that the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and my tongue shouts his praises!

Posts: 3308 | From: Stroud Township ,PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©