Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Single Bevel Damascus (finished) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Single Bevel Damascus (finished)
tippit
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
owlbait, I use a three arrow bow quiver bear hunting. Right now this forged head and Woody's knife river flint head will be in my quiver, unless I can get Woody to knap me a Green head to match my arrows [Wink] One needs to be color coordinated in the bear woods! Doc

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 7602 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doc, That's just awesome bud!

Maybe we get together on a snakeskin arrow for St. Judes......

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17108 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hormoan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hormoan   Author's Homepage   Email hormoan       Edit/Delete Post 
Superb Jeff [thumbsup] That is a beauty!!
Almost to pretty to be worthy [dntthnk] Nah a Man has to shoot his very best!

[Not Worthy] Brent

Posts: 2981 | From: Otsego, Mi | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JC
Contributor 2014
Member # 148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JC   Email JC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stunning Jeff, simply stunning. [readit]

--------------------
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Posts: 9619 | From: Ranger, GA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Hammond
SPONSOR
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Hammond   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff,

Neat head, my friend. I have your head you sent me in my quiver....just waiting for the right piggie to come along.

--------------------
The heights by great men reached-and kept, were not attained by sudden flight;
But while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night. -LONGFELLOW

www.biggamehuntingblades.com

PBS Regular Life Member
TGMM

Posts: 8554 | From: Buford GA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"kennym, I normally shoot 200-235 grain up front. I'll have to see how it flyes. But for Bears, they will usually be close and drop off shouldn't be a big problem. The extra punch should be worth it."

Jeff,hope you didn't take that wrong. I love close shots,I meant it would penetrate like crazy!! Should have said just that! [knothead]

Please tell us how it works when you get to use it!! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Posts: 9022 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curveman
Contributor 2007
Member # 2572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curveman   Email Curveman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff, you are a Master Craftsman! Truly a work of art! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1982 | From: Chelmsford, MA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robtattoo
Assoc. Sponsor
Member # 9039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robtattoo   Author's Homepage   Email robtattoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You been busy Doc! Tob job m' friend [thumbsup]

--------------------
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 5099 | From: Tullahoma, TN | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marblesonac
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marblesonac   Email Marblesonac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way cool!!!

--------------------
Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes....

Posts: 887 | From: Fort Wayne, IN | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arrowslinger
Contributor 2012
Member # 3671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arrowslinger   Author's Homepage   Email Arrowslinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff, that is a work of art. [Not Worthy] [thumbsup] How did you attach it to your shaft?

--------------------
Keep It Simple

Jeff Kitchens

Posts: 865 | From: Pembroke, VA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arrowslinger,
You mount the head the same way as a stone point. I cut a slot with my bandsaw (you can do it by hand) to slide the tang of the point in. Then you'd epoxy and wrap (dental floss, sinew, etc) around the slot to bind everything together.

I once had had a compound shooter Robin hood a self nock that was wrapped the same way. The wrap kept the compound arrow from splitting my arrow. It only mushroomed the self nock. I was pretty impressed with the strength that wrap gave to the wood arrow...Doc

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 7602 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Hedges
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Hedges   Email Mark Hedges   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great but isn't it technically a barbed head, which are illegal in many states?

Sorry just curious,

Mark

Posts: 102 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knife river
Contributor 2010
Member # 7334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knife river   Author's Homepage   Email knife river   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tippit:
got til end of June to complete my hunting attire. Doc

Doc, how much work could a loincloth be??? [jumper]

I don't know zip from doodah about metal work, but it kinda looks like that damascus head is made from several different pieces of metal that you've welded together. Is that right? Sure makes for one great looking head! [thumbsup] [Not Worthy]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1696 | From: St Simons Island, GA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Jeff!!!!!

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26267 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskippy
Contributor 2014
Member # 12055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskippy   Author's Homepage   Email imskippy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful work you do. I'd love to see and learn more about it. I'm fairly new around here where can i find more of your work?

--------------------
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Posts: 953 | From: Vernon, N.J. | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©