Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Online Tourney - Week 4 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Online Tourney - Week 4
ks_stickbow
Contributing Member 2006
Member # 981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ks_stickbow   Email ks_stickbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my week 4. Last chance to shoot before packing up the bows. Shot with a SA III 43@26
 -

--------------------
Jeff Sheyn

Acquiring a dog is the closest a human will ever come to picking his own relatives!
------------------------

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

Posts: 1324 | From: Beaver Falls, PA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Owen
Contributor 2009
Member # 14380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Owen   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Owen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where's the pic, Jeff? Did X2 steal yours too?

--------------------
Greg >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Posts: 491 | From: Rochester, WA USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Owen
Contributor 2009
Member # 14380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Owen   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Owen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OOPS, it was just very slow loading. I have super fast connection too. My bad

--------------------
Greg >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Posts: 491 | From: Rochester, WA USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ks_stickbow
Contributing Member 2006
Member # 981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ks_stickbow   Email ks_stickbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunatly I am not at the level X2 and Rod are yet. A couple more years and maybe some glasses I will be there...oh yeah I would never turn down some luck as well.

--------------------
Jeff Sheyn

Acquiring a dog is the closest a human will ever come to picking his own relatives!
------------------------

Posts: 1324 | From: Beaver Falls, PA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
V-Archer
Contributor 2012
Member # 11377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for V-Archer   Author's Homepage   Email V-Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my score for this week.

V-Archer.

-

--------------------
"If you have the will to win you have achieved half your success; if you don't, you have achieved half your failure"

Posts: 540 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
Contributor 2015
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice shootin x2 [thumbsup]

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member

Posts: 4785 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chisler
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chisler   Email Chisler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff - thanks for posting the tipsters tips! I've been shooting trad about 8 mos. and am more frustrated than I should be with my inconsistency. But I just keep shooting cause I love it. I've watched some of the shooting videos and read some books but never shot at a blank bale and always held the bow, albeit gently, with my whole hand and low wrist. I tried the blank bale with the whole hand, then a 1 finger grip and 2 finger grip. The 2 finger seems to be the one for me. I shot several arrows that were touching. Haven't telescoped any yet... With the fresh target, I shot 2 tens, then was so excited I started thinking too much and ended up with 47 - an improvement for me! THANKS FOR THE TIPS!!

Home-made TD-LB, 60# @ 27"

-

Posts: 263 | From: SW Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ks_stickbow
Contributing Member 2006
Member # 981

Chisler, I just looked at your scores from previous weeks. your scores overall have improved., so you are getting better. Don't sweat anything yet. Start sweating when you have been shooting for 25 years and your still not satisfied or comfotable with your acuracy, but are not getting any better.

Keep this line moving up
 -

--------------------
Jeff Sheyn

------------------------

Gatekeeper
Contributor 2014
Member # 8366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gatekeeper   Email Gatekeeper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always seem to have one squirrelly one. If I could just hold them in the black I would be happy. If I could consistently put my shots in the #10 circle I would be thrilled.

I was practicing the other night and within three sets I shot three Robin Hoods. There was one Robin Hood during each set. The positive side is they where all in the #10 circle. I’m okay with not doing that any more, it gets a little expensive.

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Posts: 2389 | From: Camden Point, Missouri | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjkeifer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjkeifer   Email jjkeifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Using all the tips on here, and slowing down and think about what i'm doing seems to work!

PSE Impala 60" TD Recurve, 45@28, cedar fat shafts
 -

Posts: 108 | From: McClure, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ks_stickbow
Contributing Member 2006
Member # 981

I'm just curious how many people on here do not usualy shoot paper, but are now because of this tourney. And how many see a bennifit to shooting paper. Along with how many will continue to shoot paper after this is over with?

--------------------
Jeff Sheyn

------------------------

Gatekeeper
Contributor 2014
Member # 8366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gatekeeper   Email Gatekeeper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I have been shooting paper circular targets, prairie dog targets, squirrel targets and deer targets. I usually back the paper targets up with cardboard to make them last longer.

[ January 23, 2008, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Gatekeeper ]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Posts: 2389 | From: Camden Point, Missouri | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snag
SPONSOR
Member # 7716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snag   Author's Homepage   Email snag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I usually just shoot at a target with no paper bullseye on it. But now I see myself concentrating more on that little, tiny, itty bitty...you get the point.... X! It has been helpful. No great big change in my shooting. But I feel like I am moving closer to establishing some consistant shooting habits.

--------------------
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.
Wilderness Custom Arrows

Posts: 7239 | From: oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigCnyn
Contributor 2010
Member # 11507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigCnyn   Email BigCnyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
54 group good today... I am on a roll!!

-

Posts: 365 | From: South Eastern Idaho | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Chuck
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Chuck   Email Mr.Chuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wk4 score: 53 down one  - notch! [banghead]
Posts: 298 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©