Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Killdeer in the Wood (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Killdeer in the Wood
Pinecone
Contributor 2007
Member # 1931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinecone   Email Pinecone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope ya get one, Killy!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2260 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paleFace
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paleFace   Author's Homepage   Email paleFace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
knowing Killie for the short time we got to hang out on the Rough Mountain hunt, she is having a ball.

good luck girl looking forward to the stories when you break camp.

--------------------
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Posts: 1479 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adirondackman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adirondackman   Email Adirondackman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Killy,
I have a feeling that this will be a very special hunt for you. Can't wait to hear your story.

--------------------
"at some point technology becomes not an aid but a substitute for sportsmanship" - Aldo Leopold

Posts: 268 | From: Southern Adirondacks | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mockingbird
Member # 4314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mockingbird   Email Mockingbird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wrote an update, clicked on the wrong button on the screen, and wiped it all out. [banghead] Too tired and too busy to reconstruct it just now, but I promised an update today. So without the embellishments:

Killy and camp are in good shape. She saw deer, and what might've been a small young deer or a coyote, but couldn't get a good look before it disappeared. Had a little snow, but it warmed up and was melted / rained away.

I'll try to reconstruct the full version tomorrow.

Best to all, C.

--------------------
When the oak is felled the whole forest echoes with its fall, but a hundred acorns are sown in silence by an unnoticed breeze. -Thomas Carlyle, historian and essayist (1795-1881)

Posts: 73 | From: A small, wet, rocky planet near the edge of a nondescript spiral galaxy | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JEFF B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JEFF B   Email JEFF B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
cant wait to hear this. [campfire]

--------------------
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Posts: 8716 | From: auckland new zealand | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mockingbird
Member # 4314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mockingbird   Email Mockingbird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'LL TRY AGAIN TOMORROW.

dARN CAP LOCKS...

--------------------
When the oak is felled the whole forest echoes with its fall, but a hundred acorns are sown in silence by an unnoticed breeze. -Thomas Carlyle, historian and essayist (1795-1881)

Posts: 73 | From: A small, wet, rocky planet near the edge of a nondescript spiral galaxy | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talondale
Contributor 2007
Member # 9336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talondale   Email Talondale   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope her time in the woods goes better than mine. We're having some real unstable weather out here now and that probably is making things interesting for her.

--------------------
Jesse, forever 5

Posts: 2046 | From: Botetourt Co. VA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dano
Contributor 2009
Member # 748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dano   Author's Homepage   Email Dano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know how much Kathy looks forward to this every year, just being in the woods does her alot of good, like us all. Good luck Killie and have a good time.

Now where's the update Clark!!! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Posts: 7500 | From: Nevada | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
motormouth
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for motormouth   Author's Homepage   Email motormouth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hope shes doin good and gets one i'm coming to Va myself for 2 weeks tomorrow to do some huntin on my grandparents farm.
-motormouth

--------------------
"It's not dyin i'm talkin bout...It's livin." -Capt. Gus McCrae

Posts: 196 | From: Great Falls, MT | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
String Cutter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for String Cutter   Author's Homepage   Email String Cutter       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I sure hope she's havin a good time. But I can't wait for her ta get back..Don't ya dare tell her I said so..... Kinda miss havin to look up words just to see if she had insulted me or even what she's talkin about.

--------------------
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Posts: 2578 | From: Richmond Va. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ber643
Contributor 2013
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ber643   Author's Homepage   Email ber643   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Know that will be a pleasure for you, motormouth - too bad you and Killie won't get to cross paths again while you are there. Hope you really like MT by now.

--------------------
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72
Disbanded Hubert Archers (Treasurer)
Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 19568 | From: S Coastal NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clark,

Headed out to Center of PA to do some small game hunting and just relax.

Tell Killy Dear that old Doc said, 'Hey!" Can't wait to see you both come Spring at B'mo.

Killy embodies that true spirit of nature that find pleasure in "just being there" that many of us could emulate more. She'll have good pics for sure when I get back next week, I'll be lookin for some updates! [Smile]

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow
Sasquatch 60" T/D, R/D LB

Posts: 11811 | From: L@ncaster County, PA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forester
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forester   Author's Homepage   Email Forester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope camp is nailed down today and Killie is hunkered down on the lee side of a big stump. It is windy in them thar hills! Wet leaves and big winds, maybe she is stalking up on one right now [Smile]

I hope it is a successful week in every way.

--------------------
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Posts: 678 | From: Sinking Creek, VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ber643
Contributor 2013
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ber643   Author's Homepage   Email ber643   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck to you too, Doc Nock - it'll do you good in any case, buddy.

--------------------
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72
Disbanded Hubert Archers (Treasurer)
Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 19568 | From: S Coastal NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Worden
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Worden   Email Dave Worden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the best to Killy. If she shoots like she did at ATAR, I suspect there'll be a deer down soon. If it happens to be 5 miles downhill of the camp, I hope is just 20 feet from where the car is parked!

--------------------
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Posts: 1539 | From: Clarkston, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©