Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » The Adventures of Hope & Faith of Black Mountain (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: The Adventures of Hope & Faith of Black Mountain
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope is here with me for the 1st journey, and I hope to take her to the Paradise this month for my gathering up and last walk of the property. Hopefully I'll get a pig with her.

Faith is on her way to Canada with Tom Philips for the Bear Quest 2008.

Wish us luck.

Thanks again to Brent at Black Mountain for donating these two beautiful bows for this years effort.

-

AND, thanks to Tim Roberts and Robert Peel for donating the arm guard/knife combo. Outstanding guys!!!!

-

And thanks to all those that have signed up to hunt with the gals. Best of luck to all of you.

6-1 to 6-15
Hope-group hunt
Faith-Tom Phillips-tradgang bear hunt

6-16 to 6-30
Hope-group hunt
Faith-Tom Phillips-tradgang bearhunt

7-1 to 7-15
Hope-Danny Burnett-"SSWV" ATAR
Faith-Danny Burnett-"SSWV" ATAR

7-16 to 7-31
Hope-Greg Antrim -"justabitoutside"
Faith-Donnie Wilkerson- "Donnie Wilkerson"

8-1 to 8-15
Hope-Walley Strickland "Hatchchaser"
Faith

8-16 to 8-31
Hope-Vance Brewer "Iron Bull"
Faith-Toby Rey "BTH"

9-1 to 9-15
Hope-Mike Bird "MikeCC"
Faith-Don Wilson "DW"

9-16 to 9-30
Hope-Brian Roness "Kojac"
Faith-David Torbert "recurve_shooter"

10-1 to 10-15
Hope-Drew Vincent "Drew" tradgang deer hunt
Faith-Art George "Razorback"

10-16 to 10-31
Hope-Shaun Webb "Shaun"
Faith

11-1 to 11-15
Hope-Brett Eisman "bretto"
Faith

11-16 to 11-30
Hope-Kenny Yoder "4runr"
Faith

12-1 to 12-15
Hope
Faith-Michelle Frotten "lavender bow chic"

12-16 to 12-31
Hope-Gregg Dudley "gregg dudley"
Faith-Ed Frye "Ed Frye"

1-1 to 1-15
Hope-Joel Smith "Joel Smith"
Faith-Jeff Dorris "Dorris"

1-16 to 1-31
Hope-Charles Miller "buckeye_hunter"
Faith

2-1 to 2-15
Hope-group hunts
Faith-group hunts

2-16 to 2-28
Hope- Shawn Leonard...bunny hunt
Faith- Shawn Leonard...bunny hunt

3-1 to 3-15
Hope-David DeVille "Kingwouldbe"
Faith-Gegg Dudley "Gregg Dudley"

3-16 to 3-31
Hope-
Faith

4-1 to 4-15
Hope-Chris Spikes "Landshark160"
Faith-Bill Nash "BMN"

4-16 to 4-30
Hope-David Purvis "Widowbender"
Faith-Scott Parson "swp"

5-1 to 5-15
Hope-Drew Reniff "Drewsbow"
Faith-Barry Loving "bow loving man"

5-15 to 5-31
Hope-Shawn Steiner "superkodiak"
Faith-Curt Cabrera "Guru"

This is the schedule, to date, for the 2008-2009 Hope and Faith Black mountain rover gals. The list will be edited as time slots are filled. If you want to reserve an open slot please send an email to Dick Easter at....

www.reaster@woh.rr.com

With your name, screen name, member number, mailing address where the bow can be sent, the bow requested...Hope, the righty or Faith, the lefty and the time slot you would like.

[ March 26, 2009, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: rabbitman ]

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26292 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Widowbender
Contributor 2008
Member # 11268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Widowbender   Email Widowbender   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck Guys...Can't wait to read the stories...

David

--------------------
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Posts: 1016 | From: Siler City, NC | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drew
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew   Email Drew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best of Luck guys!

I just started my '09 St. Judes change jar...'cept I'm stuffing it with BILLS instead of change for Miss Hope!

The schedule says I have her for a Bear Hunt...I wish! We're hunting whitetails unless someone sticks a big ole mossy horn swamp buck to be nicknamed "Bear" up at Buck Jam... [pray]

--------------------
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Posts: 1945 | From: St. Johns, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rabbitman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rabbitman   Email rabbitman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Drew...Just a typo on my part....all fixed now. [thumbsup] Now go put a hurting on a big boy with an arrow from Hope.
Posts: 2446 | From: Beavercreek, Ohio | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donnie Wilkerson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donnie Wilkerson   Email Donnie Wilkerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to add my name to the list but when I try the address for Dick Easter i get an error message. Is this due to my computer or is the address wrong?

thanks,

Donnie

Posts: 160 | From: Gainesville, FL | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cdworks
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cdworks   Email cdworks       Edit/Delete Post 
could someone explain this to a noob? what is this about?

--------------------
C.D.Works

Posts: 115 | From: Rainsville, AL | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
C.D.

Each year for the past few a bowyer steps up and donates two special bows to the cause. One right and one left. Members sign up to use them for one week during the year and a journal is kept on each bow. Teh storys are told on this thread as the year goes by.

At years end the bows and all of the stuff that goes with them go into the St. Judes Auction and raise money for the kids.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com
www.dryadbows.com/helleknives/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/dryadbows?ref=ts
TRADGANG Sponsor since day 1

Posts: 8604 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rabbitman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rabbitman   Email rabbitman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Donnie...The address is correct but if your having problems just send me a pm with the proper info and we'll get you signed up.
Posts: 2446 | From: Beavercreek, Ohio | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
Contributor 2015
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck to all :0)

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member

Posts: 4795 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sswv
Contributor 2014
Member # 6890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sswv   Email sswv   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Faith just arrived in Wild Wonderful West Virginia this morning. with all the lefthand family and friends I have and ATAR just around the corner this beautiful bow is gonna get shot a LOT. I know Hope is not far behind (I'm RH ya know). these bows will be a treat for everyone to shoot at ATAR. I'll keep ya'll posted.

oh yeah' I'd like to give a BIG [thumbsup] to Tom Phillips for getting a nice bear with Faith. how about a picture Tom?

Posts: 3112 | From: WILD WONDERFUL WEST VIRGINIA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shawn Leonard   Email Shawn Leonard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need them for the bunny hunt which is the 3rd. weekend in Feb 09 . Let me know if I have to e-mail ya or something! Thanks all! Shawn

--------------------
Shawn

Posts: 14118 | From: N.Y | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sswv
Contributor 2014
Member # 6890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sswv   Email sswv   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TOGETHER AGAIN!!! that's right. Hope and Faith are together again. Hope arrived in Wild Wonderful West Virginia this morning. I've had my eye on a nice groundhog for the past couple days so maybe with a little luck me and Hope can get some stew meat. It's gonna be a blast watching folks shoot these beautiful bows at ATAR 2008. Hopefully we'll have some good pictures of the girls while they're here for everyone to see.
Posts: 3112 | From: WILD WONDERFUL WEST VIRGINIA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Chatter Member 2014
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ordered a new camera this morning! [bigsmyl]

Killdeer [archer]

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15218 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sswv
Contributor 2014
Member # 6890

good for you Killdeer [thumbsup] have to give it a real good breaking in at ATAR.
sswv
Contributor 2014
Member # 6890

well' all I can say is...what a weekend! these two little bows got looked at, handled, shot (over and over) and their pictures taken until they were plum tuckered out. a big thank you to Brent of Black Mountain (now in WV) for these fine bows and for taking the time to visit Hope and Faith at ATAR 2008. also' WOW is all anyone could say about those arm guards. what a work or art.

before this day is out these beautiful bows will be headed to their next adventure. I just hope Greg and Donnie have as much fun with them as we did at ATAR 2008.

again, thank you to everyone involved with not only Hope & Faith but everything behind the scenes with the St. Judes auctions.

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©