Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION LISTING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » The Adventures of Hope & Faith of Black Mountain (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: The Adventures of Hope & Faith of Black Mountain
2fletch
SPONSOR
Member # 7327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2fletch   Email 2fletch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to both of you Brent and Danny for the opportunity to shoot "Faith" at ATAR. She is my kind of bow. I'm a big fan of short lightweight bows. She was that, and pretty also. I shot it at the wing shoot and wish that I had tried the toughman with her.

As Danny said "I just hope Greg and Donnie have as much fun with them as we did at ATAR 2008."

--------------------
Eagle's Flight Archery

Posts: 1685 | From: Mebane, NC | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brent Rudolph
SPONSOR
Member # 10239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brent Rudolph   Email Brent Rudolph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Danny, thanks to you and pass the thanks along to the crew that put on the shoot. Wonderful time, wish I could have stayed longer. It was nice to meet some Tradgang friends. Killee, you are as pleasant as I could have ever imagined. I enjoyed playing with your dog, Spirit- The Sheepeater. Lee Viv, you aren't as tall as I thought you would be. John a Sipsy River, you were a pleasure to spend time with. Jim, thanks for letting me shoot your Banshee's. You got a great bow there bud. I was impressed with your design and workmanship. Not bad at all for a freshman. I expect great things from you.

Brent

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
www.blackmountainbows.com

Posts: 459 | From: Cana, VA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Chatter Member 2014
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brent, you are a gentleman and your wife and daughter are as sweet as can be. I thoroughly enjoyed the bit of time that I spent with you. Though I tried my best, "stuff" that had to be taken care of at camp got in the way of seeing you again later that afternoon. Hope is a slick little thumper, and I envy those who will shoot with her in the hunting fields.

I agree about the Banshees, BTW!
Killdeer [archer] [campfire] [wavey]

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15164 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donnie Wilkerson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donnie Wilkerson   Email Donnie Wilkerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received Faith on the 17th and shot several arrows before the rains started. I normally shoot right hand but grow up shooting left. The bow shot very nice with my 65# cedars. I mainly wanted to get a close look at the craftsmanship, very nice. If I could have gotten Hope I would have taken her hog hunting, didn't feel accurate enough with a left hander for hunting.

Thanks to Brent,

take care,
Donnie

Posts: 160 | From: Gainesville, FL | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BTH
Contributor 2007
Member # 5666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTH   Author's Homepage   Email BTH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Donnie just sent me a PM saying he had put Faith in the mail to me. Looking forward to getting her. I'll probably shoot either my AD heavies or Beman MFX and tune her up with those. Action at the ranch is getting heavy. Saturday I spotted and stalked three different groups of hogs including a huge grey boar. On my way to the boar I got in a standoff with a doe that had a shooter buck behind her. It was a great day out, but no meat was made. Hopefully I will have some great stories to tell with Faith in hand. Right now I have blacktails and hogs on the menu.

--------------------
Pork, Oysters, and Beer...the Holy Trinity (Anthony Bourdain).

Posts: 776 | From: Petaluma, CA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody done kilt a bear with Faith.... [thumbsup]

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

I've never been to Compton's, but hope to make it one year soon.

Posts: 25599 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drew
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew   Email Drew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't wait for the story and some pics...

[campfire] [thumbsup] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Posts: 1945 | From: St. Johns, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BTH
Contributor 2007
Member # 5666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTH   Author's Homepage   Email BTH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great! Mojo on Faith already [thumbsup]

--------------------

Posts: 776 | From: Petaluma, CA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BTH
Contributor 2007
Member # 5666

Received the bow on Thursday. Going to have tune some arrows to it but from what I've done so far it feels great so shoot.

--------------------

HATCHCHASER
Contributor 2010
Member # 13016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HATCHCHASER   Author's Homepage   Email HATCHCHASER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got Hope today! Looks sweet, fast, quiet. The armguard is nice too. I have a bow shoot tommorrow so she arrived just in time. Thanks to all who are playing a part in this.

--------------------
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Posts: 1704 | From: Back in North GA FOREVER | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
recurve_shooter
Contributor 2014
Member # 10179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for recurve_shooter   Email recurve_shooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are the weights? I'll have Faith a month from now and need to know what weight arrows I need to be looking for!
Posts: 371 | From: Georgia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rabbitman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rabbitman   Email rabbitman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember correctly, Faith is 52#@28" and Hope is 53#@28".
Posts: 2446 | From: Beavercreek, Ohio | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
recurve_shooter
Contributor 2014
Member # 10179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for recurve_shooter   Email recurve_shooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!
Posts: 371 | From: Georgia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vermonster13
SPONSOR
Member # 8675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vermonster13   Email vermonster13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where's the bear story?

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Posts: 21781 | From: Rutland, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BTH
Contributor 2007
Member # 5666

Been hunting with faith but no getting yet. I have her, for hunting anyway, one more weekend before I send her off to Don. I'll be heading up to the ranch just as soon as I get these honey-do's done (painting the living room! [banghead] Three different colors [banghead] [banghead] )

Then I'll load up and go. Got pigs, deer, and rabbit on the menu...

A couple of weeks ago I had close encounters with pigs and deer with Faith in hand. Spot and stalk and still hunting. I spotted the piggies and went to ambush them at a point where they would have to come through a hole in the fence...darn neighbors fixed the hole!!! They got ahead of me, came through the gate at the corral, and that was all she wrote. I went to a high spot (top of the ranch is 2500 feet) and glassed for them but to no avail. There were plenty of places for them to go. I then went to a nice spot out at the far side of the ranch with a dry lake bed. I had seen a buck there while scouting earlier and I wanted to try him out. So I still hunted through the area and came across two does and two fawns. I stopped and glassed and waited and there he was again! (btw, no shooting does or fawns in this state or Faith would have had deer blood...) No stalk could happen though as the does were between him and I and there was no passing them to get to him.
The next weekend there were too many gun hunters on the ranch so I didn't go out with a bow...Uncle won't let me bowhunt when we have a crowd of gun hunters, say's it's not safe and not in the plan...But this weekend I'll have the place to myself. There's lots of rabbits running around and I'm hoping to get into the pigs again. If I'm really, really lucky then a buck will get in front of me. Stand by for a report on Monday!

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©