Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » GENE & BARRY GIVE US THE LOWDOWN! (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: GENE & BARRY GIVE US THE LOWDOWN!
Barry Wensel
SPONSOR
Member # 1404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Wensel   Email Barry Wensel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you on Mike's new book. I talked with him yesterday. I'm really looking forward to it. It sounds like he's really gone all out. From the high dollar, quality paper it's being printed on, to the 132 quality COLOR photos. I've helped edit some of it. This is going to be one of those books that will make the reader think. And that's desperately needed in recent years. No matter what the selling price is, it'll be worth it. Knowledge can't be bought... or maybe it can! :^) bw
Posts: 990 | From: Lineville, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonsimoneau
Contributor 2014
Member # 1224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonsimoneau   Email jonsimoneau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I should mention Biggie, I really like that big 4x4 I saw in your post on the trophy room thread. Can I have him?
Posts: 2791 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Herdbull
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herdbull   Email Herdbull   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We plan on printing 334 page book tomorrow, and hope to have it ready by the last week in January; if all goes well with hard cover binding. It’s called “One With The Wilderness” (Passions of a Solo Bowhunter) and I will have more details available soon. Information and ordering forms will be available on www.brothersofthebow.com . I also plan to be at Trad. Bowhter. Expo. in Kalamazoo Mich. the last weekend in Jan. and have my fingers crossed to have books by then. Thank you so much for your interest, Mike
Posts: 1448 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marshall brown
Contributor 2011
Member # 10878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marshall brown   Email marshall brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Barry, off topic a little. Are you and Gene gonna be at the Harrisburg show this year?
Posts: 225 | From: Needmore,PA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biggie Hoffman
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biggie Hoffman   Email Biggie Hoffman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No way Jon...that was one hunt when I ignored Barry's stand suggestions. See the result?

:-)

--------------------
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Posts: 4451 | From: Gray, Ga. 31032 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Wensel
SPONSOR
Member # 1404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Wensel   Email Barry Wensel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MB: No Harrisburg this year. Gene and I will be in Texas running the javelina/hog bowhunts from Jan. 30th through March 7th. Still have two slots open for the March 2-6 hunt if anyone's intersted. Thanks. bw
Posts: 990 | From: Lineville, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Wensel
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Wensel   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Wensel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Biggie, I told Barry I thought you shot a "nice little buck." He said I was half right.....

--------------------
www.brothersofthebow.com

Posts: 522 | From: Libertyville, Iowa 52567 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biggie Hoffman
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biggie Hoffman   Email Biggie Hoffman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right before I shoot I always try to think, "What would Uncle Gene do?"

It never works.........

--------------------
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Posts: 4451 | From: Gray, Ga. 31032 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swp   Email swp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't feel bad Biggie those "Wensel little" Iowa bucks have to look huge compared to what you regularly see. Its not your fault you drop the string on them! [Smile]

--------------------
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Posts: 2111 | From: Ozark, Missouri | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©