Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Bowhunting partners for 50yr's (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Bowhunting partners for 50yr's
Ron LaClair
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron LaClair   Author's Homepage   Email Ron LaClair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just thought you folks would like to know.
My wife Nancy and I will celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary on February 28th 2009. More than that we have been bow hunting together for that long also. We actually bow hunted together for the first time in the fall of 1958 and haven't missed a fall hunt together since that time.

I started bow hunting for deer in 1955 and as a single man looking for a soul mate, I found that most girls weren't interested in the outdoors let alone shooting bows and arrows.

Nancy was raised on a farm and her dad and granddad were avid outdoorsmen. Her 1st cousin who lived just down the road was Jack White, 1953 NFAA National Instinctive Champion. Although Nancy had not shot bows She had attended many archery tournaments that her Cousin Jack had participated in.

Nancy and I first met in early 1958. Right off the bat we discovered that we liked a lot of the same things. When I started telling her of my love for archery and bowhunting She was very interested. One thing led to another and we just "clicked" Our first date was to see the movie "Old Yeller" and on our 2nd date we went ice fishing.

That first summer before we were married I bought Nancy a 39# "simi" recurve bow. I set up a target in her garage where she lived in an apartment with two other girls and started teaching her how to shoot. By early fall she was ready to start her bow hunting career and we went on our first bow hunt together in northern Michigan

Neither of us have ever owned or shot compounds. Our love for the bow has spanned a half century and shows no signs of waning. Nancy's talking about turkey hunting again this spring with her longbow.

Like the bow is to the arrow, we are separate, yet we are one.

Nancy and I in northern Michigan in 1959

-

A like pose in 1999. Nancys got her face blackened. I'm the one that needed the black... on my beard. [Big Grin]

-

--------------------
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. (Cherokee)

www.shrewbows.com

Posts: 4146 | From: Potterville Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vermonster13
SPONSOR
Member # 8675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vermonster13   Email vermonster13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats and here's to 50 more [thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Posts: 21791 | From: Rutland, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cody Roiter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cody Roiter   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Roiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great post Ron.. I wish u and Nancy my best....

Cody

--------------------
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Posts: 2018 | From: Charlotte, michigan | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BowHuntingFool
Contributor 2008
Member # 14899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowHuntingFool   Email BowHuntingFool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to the both of you Ron! [clapper] [thumbsup] [clapper]

--------------------
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Ojibwa Bowhunters

Posts: 3546 | From: S.E.Wisconsin/N.Michigan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Broken Arrow 1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broken Arrow 1   Author's Homepage   Email Broken Arrow 1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats good stuff Ron Congrats.

--------------------
Its not the size of the animal you hunt that matters. Its how you hunt the animal.

Posts: 542 | From: Valley, Nebraska | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LA Trapper
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LA Trapper   Email LA Trapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Ron to you and Ms. Nancy. Fifty years is quite a milestone.

Billy

--------------------
Lifetime Member Bayou State Bowhunters
Lifetime Member Louisiana Traditional Bowmen

The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked.

Posts: 604 | From: Natchitoches, Louisiana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozy clint
Contributor 2012
Member # 15776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozy clint   Email ozy clint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
happy aniversary ron and nancy.
i hope there's another 50 years ahead for you both. [archer]

--------------------
The mountains song
is not heard by all
But the lure is strong
who hear it's call.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Posts: 1960 | From: in the hills south of Stanthorpe, Qld, Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve O
Contributor 2014
Member # 503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O   Email Steve O   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody I enjoy seeing more at the shows than Nancy. She is the sweetest of sweethearts!

You kids are a good example for all of us [thumbsup] .

Posts: 5451 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straight Shootin'
Contributor 2014
Member # 16671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straight Shootin'   Email Straight Shootin'   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy anniversary Ron and Nancy. Quite an accomplishment. Best wishes and happy hunting. [archer]

--------------------
USN(RET) 1977-99

54" Morrison Dakota
52" Fedora Stalker
60" Northern Mist Baraga
Strings by "OliverStacy."

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it." -- Fred Bear

Posts: 344 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trad_admirer
Member # 17876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trad_admirer   Email trad_admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! [clapper] [clapper] [clapper]
Posts: 61 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron LaClair
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron LaClair   Author's Homepage   Email Ron LaClair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BS...before Shrews.. [Big Grin]

-

--------------------
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. (Cherokee)

www.shrewbows.com

Posts: 4146 | From: Potterville Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bojangles
Member # 18332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bojangles   Email Bojangles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 50th Ron and Nancy. God Bless you both!

Bo

--------------------
USAF Retired
1968 - 1991

Posts: 37 | From: SW MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
john mccabe
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for john mccabe   Email john mccabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
congrats!!!
Posts: 383 | From: orange,ca | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Over&Under
Contributor 2014
Member # 8273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Over&Under   Email Over&Under   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 50th to ya both, quite a story there Ron, brings a smile to your face.

Congratulations!!

--------------------
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss" [Smile]

Posts: 6646 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwin   Email Arwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 50th Ron and Nancy!!!

--------------------
Just one more step.....please!

St. Joe River Bows
Oliverstacey Strings
Swafford Knives
Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 4264 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©