Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Bowhunting partners for 50yr's (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Bowhunting partners for 50yr's
THE LYNX
Contributor 2014
Member # 1726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LYNX   Email THE LYNX   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Anniversary!! Congratulations!
Posts: 146 | From: Alaska | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Jeffer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Jeffer   Email Jerry Jeffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 50th!!!!! How great to find a life partner like that.

--------------------
Because you and I exist, God is.

Posts: 3483 | From: Stroud Township ,PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Chatter Member 2014
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May you have many more years of shared blessings, Ron and Nancy!

Hmm. I was three when you got hitched! [Eek!]
Sorry that I didn't see this yesterday, but Mockingbird and I spent the whole day in a way of which you would approve. We helped to slaughter and butcher hogs, shared what we knew with children (trad archery and the whole flint and steel thing) and enjoyed good old-fashioned country ways and fellowship. I hope that someday I might have done a fraction of the good work that you and your wonderful bride have accomplished in the preservation and forwarding of our heritage of traditional lore.

Congratulations on a shared life well-lived, and mates well chosen. It is a proud path that you two are walking.
Killdeer [campfire]

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15218 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
champ38
Contributor 2015
Member # 16783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for champ38   Email champ38   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Ron and Nancy ! and wishing you many , many, more. Shane

--------------------
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Posts: 1592 | From: Grand Bay, AL | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger Norris 2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Norris 2   Author's Homepage   Email Roger Norris 2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, most of the ShreHaven crew got together last night with our wives and had a nice dinner for Ron and Nancy. 50 years....wow!

You guys are an inspiration!

--------------------
I think wolves would find me stringy, of high cholesterol, and with an Irish whiskey aftertaste.

Posts: 737 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron LaClair
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron LaClair   Author's Homepage   Email Ron LaClair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nancy and I had a great time at the dinner party last night. Thanks to the Shrew Haven Crew and their lovely wives who went out of their way to make it a very special and memorable evening.

Greg and Dianne, Roger and Laurie and Kevin and Lisa, thank you. A special thanks to Dianne for the delicious cake she made and for all the decorations and corsages.

-

Carlton and his lovely wife Kathy stopped by to give their congratulations. Carlton is the Blacksmith who makes the Shrew Hawks.

-

Our Wedding picture set at the end of the table the entire evening.

-

[ March 01, 2009, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Ron LaClair ]

--------------------
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. (Cherokee)

www.shrewbows.com

Posts: 4241 | From: Potterville Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NoCams
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoCams   Email NoCams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ron & Redbird,
Got in at midnight last night after driving home in the snow for 2 hrs, yes, it does snow in TN sometimes. I get up, get on TG here and what do I find.... ? One of life's greatest things, two people who have shared 50 years together. Congrats Ron & Redbird !!!

We attended the second annual TTAS banquet at Pappy'place in Twin Oaks. TJ and Chad did a wonderful job speaking, but I could not help but think back to last year and our very first TTAS banquet. We sure missed you fine folk, but as we all see now...... You had, "bigger fish to fry ". Congrats again on 50 wonderful years and memories. [Not Worthy]

nocams

Posts: 2629 | From: TN | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amar911
Contributor 2013
Member # 15808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amar911   Email amar911   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ron and Nancy,

Wonderful story hearing about the two of you spending half a century together. Thanks for all the pictures of the happy couple. That looks like Dave Nelson (Ozzie and Harriett's older son) in the wedding picture! [goldtooth]

Best wishes,
Allan

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3231 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Kissner
Contributor 2014
Member # 1258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Kissner   Email Bill Kissner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got home from the UBI Banquet and saw this. Congratulations to you Ron and Nancy! Divorces are making this pretty rare. Jeanne and I started our 52nd year of marriage last October.

--------------------
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Posts: 1082 | From: Wayne City,IL/Mancos,CO | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim@ThunderStick
SPONSOR
Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim@ThunderStick   Email Jim@ThunderStick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Ron & Nancy. Hope you have many more. Jim & Diane
Posts: 77 | From: Charlotte MI | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Worden
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Worden   Email Dave Worden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratualtions, Ron and Nancy.

--------------------
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Posts: 1544 | From: Clarkston, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Roberts
Contributor 2014
Member # 741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Roberts   Email Jeff Roberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to both of you. 50 years together is special. My parents just spent their 55th year together and I am celebrating my 25th next week. I hope me and my wife make another 25 and be as blessed as you and Ms. Nancy.

--------------------
Living and hunting with a traditional mindset.

Posts: 520 | From: Eatonton Ga. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChetterB
Contributor 2014
Member # 11308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChetterB   Email ChetterB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrat Ron & Nancy may you be blest with many more!!!
Posts: 694 | From: Wisconsin Rapids WI | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LEOPARD
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LEOPARD   Author's Homepage   Email LEOPARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic Ron! Happy 50th to both you and Nancy! [Wink] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Posts: 1522 | From: Zimbo in UK | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bawana bowman
SPONSOR
Member # 16986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bawana bowman   Author's Homepage   Email bawana bowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAPPY 50th Ron and Nancy!!

I'm 8 months away from 25 years with the same wife. And it seems to get harder every year.
It takes something special for a couple to stay together as long as you have.
Perhaps I need to try again to interest my wife in archery, (hunting may be pushing it). That may be what it takes to see us through to the 50th!

CONGRATULATIONS AND HOPE YOU ENJOY MANY MORE YEARS TOGETHER!!!!! [clapper] [clapper] [clapper]
Hal

--------------------
Caney Creek Outfitters

>>-IBEP Instructor->
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular, since 1988
Husband, Father, Grandfather

Posts: 1400 | From: Cocoa, Florida | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©